How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
I'll do a tutorial at some point showing exactly how I set up my recordings, but the program I use is Open Broadcaster (OBS).

Thank you. I look forward to your next instalment.
Just checked out OBS. It's free! My favourite price.

Do you always push the LS straight forward? What happens if the delivery turns out to be wide outside off or leg?

I prepare to play back to the quickies in my mind and then move the LS forward to play a full ball.
I am so worse that I even premeditate the Ras according to field setting, no third man go for cut, no cover so drive the ball, no long on or long off then loft the ball, no short leg or forward square leg so play on legside. lol

Yeah I was gutted, even though I was initially expecting to barely reach 20. Once I'd got to the mid 30s, things just started to click. A bit of good fortune here and there, but mostly I was in beast mode :)

As for the controller monitor, I did use a web app initially, but I later found a program called Xinput View. It's kind of hard to find, but there's a dropbox link here. You can't overlay it onto your game without making it always on top of the game, however there are programs which will do this for you. It might also help to use a program to make it slightly transparent. That's if you want it directly over your game.

As for getting it into your recordings, I'm going to do a tutorial at some point. :)
Thanks, I look forward to the tutorial. I'd prefer it not to be visible while playing, but just be in my recordings, but wouldn't mind if it were small/translucent in the corner during play.

The way my recordings work is that my GPU has a feature where it can capture the last 20 minutes of gameplay in 1080p by pressing a hotkey combo (alt+F10) with pretty much no performance impact which is pretty damn sweet, love being able to capture cool/strange moments of gameplay without having to actively record what I'm doing. Got a rather odd bit of keeping to put in the gameplay videos thread in a minute :D.

is it just me or some of the other players also find bowling quite difficult in internationals, in career mode. Especially after patch 2 the AI just keeps on smashing the ball everywhere. before patch 2 i was doing quite wall in bowling.

My career is going very well!:thumbs

That is if you think playing 20 seasons in the Sheffield Shield is going well (Hint of sarcasm) :clap

Started on rookie level , then amateur and after 1.5 seasons up to pro. Didn't think you could be promoted to the 3rd level unless selected to international ranks. I remember reading that from a BA dev. Obviously they didn't tell the program.

After the second rise in difficulty, any pretentions to overseas games has evaporated like water in a desert. All games listed "No Chance". In fact for the current season I have amassed the staggering amount of 820 points with only a few games left. I lead the comp in ducks, both golden and normal. Even snagged the hardest of them all the 'Diamond" duck, being run out at the non strikers end after cancelling a run and seeing my player amble back into his ground, well almost! (another great game design):spy

Hopefully the CEO of BA can see the wisdom in patching the game to allow the player to set the skill level (permanent) for career mode. Some of us just want to enjoy this otherwise (for the most part) good game.

Neil W

Thanks, I look forward to the tutorial. I'd prefer it not to be visible while playing, but just be in my recordings, but wouldn't mind if it were small/translucent in the corner during play.

The way my recordings work is that my GPU has a feature where it can capture the last 20 minutes of gameplay in 1080p by pressing a hotkey combo (alt+F10) with pretty much no performance impact which is pretty damn sweet, love being able to capture cool/strange moments of gameplay without having to actively record what I'm doing. Got a rather odd bit of keeping to put in the gameplay videos thread in a minute :D.

You might want to consider switching to OBS because you'll be able to do longer recordings, and OBS now supports Nvidia Nvenc GPU encoding!

You might want to consider switching to OBS because you'll be able to do longer recordings, and OBS now supports Nvidia Nvenc GPU encoding!
Shadowplay allows you to do unlimited recordings if you put it into manual recording mode, it's just the 'Shadow' recording that retrospectively captures recent gameplay which is limited to 20 minutes.

I take it Nvidia NVENC is the thing responsible for encoding the videos using Shadowplay - if this OBS can take footage in the same quality with the same low filesizes and negligible performance impact whilst offering any benefits at all, I might as well give it a go, may check it out tomorrow

I take it Nvidia NVENC is the thing responsible for encoding the videos using Shadowplay - if this OBS can take footage in the same quality with the same low filesizes and negligible performance impact whilst offering any benefits at all, I might as well give it a go, may check it out tomorrow

Yeah pretty much spot on there. I think its the same thing.

Yeah pretty much spot on there. I think its the same thing.

You're correct - NVIDIA NVENC is that exact same thing. (Source: someone who's been researching, using and covering this shit since it came out as part of my freelancing shtick.)

It's worth noting that NVENC isn't actually recommended if you have a powerful enough rig only because once you upload footage to YouTube, YT re-encodes the footage. Assuming you've already encoded it in Vegas/Premiere/Windows Movie Maker, the end result is a disgustingly block image.

You end up having an insanely large file size just to make sure everything isn't overly pixellated. For instance, using OBS to record uncompressed footage, I can get a better result on YT with a video on 6-10mbps bitrate. For something recorded through NVENC/Shadowplay, I have to encode it in Premiere at anywhere between 25-35mbps to make sure it's watchable. (Australian definitions of watchable here; our American and European friends, accustomed to fully lag-free HD video anywhere at any time, would have a different view on this.)

Anyway, career mode.

Finished my first year as a 16-year-old with highly impressive bowling stats and, after a couple of centuries and half-centuries towards the end of the Shield season, a batting average of 28.

I've started the first two rounds of the shield with a century, a fifty and a couple of middling scores (20-30-40s). I went up in difficulty at the end of the season, so no spectacular bowling figures just yet, but I like the fact that I'm now going maybe 1-58/2-60 after 18-20 overs in the first innings of a first day match.

For a batting all-rounder "in form", that feels like a relatively realistic result. Which is what I wanted from DBC 14 in the first place; an authentic game of virtual cricket.

Just a quick question around career mode for the pc version.
I have been made captain of my state side, however I am unable to change bowlers and field settings when fielding.
I can select/change batting line up but not bowling.
In the pause menu, I am also unable to declare an innings.

Surely this is not correct?? Defeats the purpose of captaining a side!

Yep, moved myself from 4th to 3rd batting order. Does this change next match?

How am I doing?

Well, my batting average is about 8 to 11 across all formats, major suckage at the moment. :P

The good news? Well, my bowling average is even lower.

Much lolz, especially for a number four batsman who keeps being used as a third - yes, THIRD - change bowler...

Users who are viewing this thread