How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
While batting, you can't skip the part where you're the non-striker
Good.

If you want to bash every ball, play as the whole team. It's an important tactical thing to be down the other end occasionally. Just hog the strike.

If you want to bash every ball, play as the whole team. It's an important tactical thing to be down the other end occasionally. Just hog the strike.

To each his own I guess. I have to admit that it did feel good to be at the non-striker's end when everything in the game was new. Not now though. I want to be in the thick of things and unfortunately being at the non-striker's end isn't giving me that feeling.

I've been trying my level best to play each ball on its merit (and thus play it like real life cricket) but sadly failing quite often, and hence the idea of waiting at the non-striker's end, sometimes stretching over 2-3 overs, only to be out first/second ball after getting strike is not enjoyable. That's the reason I'd prefer to have the option to skip that part, not because I want to bash every ball in sight, but to avoid the frustration of waiting and then being dismissed quickly on getting back the strike.

Use the time at the non-striker's end to watch the bowlers then - get an idea of what they are bowling, how fast, etc. so that you aren't getting out quickly to them.

Well, I hope that does the trick for me.

Well it's hot outside, so who's for some Ice Cream? Make mine a 99 Flake!

I started a career off specifically to start a let's play series for youtube. I'm a wrist spinner, pure bowler, at number 7. I have no batting stats whatsoever so I was absolutely astounded that I had it together enough to pile on some runs, on my debut no less! Got into a little race to 50 with the other batsman, but I soon surpassed him. I was in the zone, so to speak and then, this happened.

grADiFr.jpg

So close! Flaked on 99! :facepalm

H0D1H7k.png

Think I'm going to have to incorporate the flakes into my video thumbnail when I upload it to Youtube! :lol

I started a career off specifically to start a let's play series for youtube. I'm a wrist spinner, pure bowler, at number 7. I have no batting stats whatsoever so I was absolutely astounded that I had it together enough to pile on some runs, on my debut no less! Got into a little race to 50 with the other batsman, but I soon surpassed him. I was in the zone, so to speak and then, this happened.

grADiFr.jpg

H0D1H7k.png

Think I'm going to have to incorporate the flakes into my video thumbnail when I upload it to Youtube! :lol
Unlucky, must have been infuriating... I get annoyed when I get into the 30s and get myself out! Only been past 50 once and not even got near a century yet haha!

You've probably covered this multiple times so apologies in advance, but what controller monitor program thingy is that? Does it display like that ingame for you? I might start using one which hopefully would display in my recordings using Shadowplay to see what my controller inputs were when I get out. Sometimes I could swear the game picks totally the wrong animation for my inputs but it's probably my mistakes. :p

grADiFr.jpg

H0D1H7k.png

Usman Arshad has been my nemesis since I bought the game. Constantly gets me out every time I play Durham.

I've enjoyed your videos (which I have subscribed to) and have just watched your net session. I must say I find it a little unusual that you push the LS forward before the ball is bowled. This, in effect, moves your batsman forward in his crease and then forward to play the shot, if I am not mistaken. But as I can't see any forward movement in the crease before the ball is bowled, I'm assuming that you are already as far forward as you can be.
I'm not for one minute criticising your method if it works for you, but I would have though this will create problems further into your career. You might be susceptible to the odd short ball. ;)
To offer you an idea of my 'style' of batting as an alternative method, I wait until the length is known, move the LS for my foot placement and almost immediately move the RS to play the shot as I would if I was playing in real life. This just felt like the most natural way to play to me personally.
It would be quite interesting to hear how other people go about their batting.

Last edited:
me too keeps las forward before ball is bowled, result is my front foot skills have crossed 90% while back foot is at 10%, let's say I am a front foot player.

I've enjoyed your videos (which I have subscribed to) and have just watched your net session. I must say I find it a little unusual that you push the LS forward before the ball is bowled. This, in effect, moves your batsman forward in his crease and then forward to play the shot, if I am not mistaken. But as I can't see any forward movement in the crease before the ball is bowled, I'm assuming that you are already as far forward as you can be.
I'm not for one minute criticising your method if it works but I would have though this will create problems in the long run.
To offer you an idea of my 'style' of batting as an alternative method, I wait until the length is known, move the LS for my foot placement and almost immediately move the RS to play the shot as I would if I was playing in real life.
It would be quite interesting to hear how other people go about their batting.

Yeah it doesn't actually move you forward as far as I can tell, but what you see there is my style in action. I don't premeditate shots, but I do premeditate footwork a little. It's really a habit I need to get out of, because the result is I can't deal with short balls very well :) Thanks for subscribing too by the way!

Usman Arshad has been my nemesis since I bought the game. Constantly gets me out every time I play Durham.

Dealt with him fairly well to be fair, it's usually Borthwick that gets me with his leg breaks! :D

Unlucky, must have been infuriating... I get annoyed when I get into the 30s and get myself out! Only been past 50 once and not even got near a century yet haha!

You've probably covered this multiple times so apologies in advance, but what controller monitor program thingy is that? Does it display like that ingame for you? I might start using one which hopefully would display in my recordings using Shadowplay to see what my controller inputs were when I get out. Sometimes I could swear the game picks totally the wrong animation for my inputs but it's probably my mistakes. :p

Yeah I was gutted, even though I was initially expecting to barely reach 20. Once I'd got to the mid 30s, things just started to click. A bit of good fortune here and there, but mostly I was in beast mode :)

As for the controller monitor, I did use a web app initially, but I later found a program called Xinput View. It's kind of hard to find, but there's a dropbox link here. You can't overlay it onto your game without making it always on top of the game, however there are programs which will do this for you. It might also help to use a program to make it slightly transparent. That's if you want it directly over your game.

As for getting it into your recordings, I'm going to do a tutorial at some point. :)

me too keeps las forward before ball is bowled, result is my front foot skills have crossed 90% while back foot is at 10%, let's say I am a front foot player.

Do you always push the LS straight forward? What happens if the delivery turns out to be wide outside off or leg?

I prepare to play back to the quickies in my mind and then move the LS forward to play a full ball.

Do you always push the LS straight forward? What happens if the delivery turns out to be wide outside off or leg?

I prepare to play back to the quickies in my mind and then move the LS forward to play a full ball.

What I try to do is deviate the stick ever so slightly in line with the delivery. For me it feels like I have more control, because the stick already has less distance to travel. It feels more precise. I don't know whether you've noticed but particularly with bowling actually, because you have to move the stick so far, there's a lot of room for pushing it in the wrong direction entirely. At least with batting I can only really worry about moving the stick a tiny distance, but as said, it does cause problems with short deleveries!

Yeah it doesn't actually move you forward as far as I can tell, but what you see there is my style in action. I don't premeditate shots, but I do premeditate footwork a little. It's really a habit I need to get out of, because the result is I can't deal with short balls very well :) Thanks for subscribing too by the way!

Dealt with him fairly well to be fair, it's usually Borthwick that gets me with his leg breaks! :D

Yeah I was gutted, even though I was initially expecting to barely reach 20. Once I'd got to the mid 30s, things just started to click. A bit of good fortune here and there, but mostly I was in beast mode :)

As for the controller monitor, I did use a web app initially, but I later found a program called Xinput View. It's kind of hard to find, but there's a dropbox link here. You can't overlay it onto your game without making it always on top of the game, however there are programs which will do this for you. It might also help to use a program to make it slightly transparent. That's if you want it directly over your game.

As for getting it into your recordings, I'm going to do a tutorial at some point. :)

The App is brilliant at letting you see how other people play the game. I bought a game capture card for capturing video from my xbox but I'm considering buying the Steam version of the game. What do you use to capture your videos, if you don't mind me asking?
The picture quality is far superior to the xbox.

The App is brilliant at letting you see how other people play the game. I bought a game capture card for capturing video from my xbox but I'm considering buying the Steam version of the game. What do you use to capture your videos, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll do a tutorial at some point showing exactly how I set up my recordings, but the program I use is Open Broadcaster (OBS).

Users who are viewing this thread