How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
After waiting for almost 2 full career seasons for my first century, I've now scored 1 FC ton followed by an OD ton and to top it all I'm right now 200+ not out in the final FC game of the season. Talk about ending the season on a high!

Btw, while going for quick/easy runs against spinners, I ended up scoring 6-sixes in an over against my one time nemesis Botha. Pretty satisfying if you ask me. :D

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Got selected for the international side...Scored a smashing 70(72) and 67(26) in 2 test matches as we played only one innings in both matches scoring a big score....And 4 wickets in first match and 6 & 3 wickets in 2 innings respectively..:D

koston54

Club Cricketer
Since taking on some advice on this forum I have started leaving balls outside off stump and taking a more middle and off stump stance. Finally starting to get some consistency in my game and have scored 4 half centuries in 6 innings!

Still getting out when I start pre-meditating and not playing a shot according the the ball delivered but will work on that in time.
Hopefully will start being able to pick up the deliveries outside off that are safe to play at without edging all over again :)

This game rewards patience and is easily the best cricket game I've ever played

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm on 800*. When is my Mumbai captain gonna declare. Team score is past 1000 :p This is overkill.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
So my first double century ended at 248. And the opposition has scored at 6 rpo in the first 50 overs of their innings in reply to 550/9 dec set by our team.

Despite me being the most economical bowler of the whole season, my captain has called on me to bowl only after the opposition has amassed 300/1. Let's see how it goes.

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got the gift as a Christmas present.
Started career mode as 16 year old. (Pro Mode)
First season going on
Only highlight is a 98 out in a Pro 40 match in my 2nd match.
I took the effect of that match so seriously that my average now in all forms of the game is 13.00 :clap
Hopefully the lad improves and gets a call up somewhere :noway
Will keep this form updated

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
So my epic innings on debut finally ended on 1010 with me inside edging ball on stumps as i was slogging everything because my defensive captain was not declaring the innings despite getting a 1000 runs lead :p Then in the second innings he didn't called me up to bowl even once even when i was the most successful bowler in the first innings, maybe he was giving me rest after such a big innings. :)

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Which mode you are playing mate

So my epic innings on debut finally ended on 1010 with me inside edging ball on stumps as i was slogging everything because my defensive captain was not declaring the innings despite getting a 1000 runs lead :p Then in the second innings he didn't called me up to bowl even once even when i was the most successful bowler in the first innings, maybe he was giving me rest after such a big innings. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Career mode. I dont suppose there is any difficulty setting there. If it is then do tell me, seriously need to increase it :p After 2 matches i have 3 hundreds and 1 fifty. Lets see how quickly can i break into national squad at this pace. Surprisingly though, my captain doesnt trust me with bowling. He only gave me few overs to bowl in my first innings ever where i took 4 wickets. Since then he has not given me ball even once. :/

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Career mode. I dont suppose there is any difficulty setting there. If it is then do tell me, seriously need to increase it :p After 2 matches i have 3 hundreds and 1 fifty. Lets see how quickly can i break into national squad at this pace. Surprisingly though, my captain doesnt trust me with bowling. He only gave me few overs to bowl in my first innings ever where i took 4 wickets. Since then he has not given me ball even once. :/
You get to chose difficulty when you start your career, this cannot be changed afterwards.
Career difficulty increase for international matches but remain same for domestic.

For checking the difficulty you need to hit the nets, there you can find out at which difficulty you are playing on.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Difficulty setting is there at the start of career mode which you can set to Legend or veteran if you think you are very good at the current level...

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

This must be record score for DBC :cheers

ABHIII

Club Captain

1010? Honestly i am not buying that. . Seems to be a theory of save, hit, save.... out quit (Alt F4). I request people to also show big wheel for their innings. Many are doing it. I might get some flak regarding this but it makes more sense posting a screen shot of big wheel with your epic innings. With that theory i can score an epic 2000+ runs as well but whats the point. Otherwise How are you doing in your career makes no sense.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Well, Next time I'll make such a big score, I'll take the screeshot of the big wheel. TBH, it was not the theory of save again and again as you mentioned. Its was just a case of very strict discipline. Hit in the air when there is nobody on the boundary or fielders are in the circle and just using normal shots when fielders are on the boundaries. Most of my runs came in V, cut to the third man, flicks towards square and fine leg. I barely played in covers as its very difficult for new player and you bound to get more edges that way. [DOUBLEPOST=1420189224][/DOUBLEPOST]
You get to chose difficulty when you start your career, this cannot be changed afterwards.
Career difficulty increase for international matches but remain same for domestic.

For checking the difficulty you need to hit the nets, there you can find out at which difficulty you are playing on.
Oh, Its Pro mode. Just checked.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
1010? Honestly i am not buying that. . Seems to be a theory of save, hit, save.... out quit (Alt F4). I request people to also show big wheel for their innings. Many are doing it. I might get some flak regarding this but it makes more sense posting a screen shot of big wheel with your epic innings. With that theory i can score an epic 2000+ runs as well but whats the point. Otherwise How are you doing in your career makes no sense.

"Déjù vu" :D

Users who are viewing this thread