How are you doing on Cricket 2004 ?

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I wish ODI's didn't have that mankey bug. What patch do you use for Test KP?

I used Boss's patch but I can't trust the defenssive shot because I always get bowled, and the bowlers bowl to straight so now I'm just using the origonal A.I.

I'm using Tutsi's patch iirc.

Kev, re-install 2004, its far far superior to 07, i just put 07 into my pc for a quick go, and thats what it was, played for about 5 minutes and realised that its utter crap, even with decent patching. 2004 is a thoroughly enjoyable game, and it's not just me viewing the past with rose coloured glasses, as i didnt have an interest in cricket when the game was first released, and only bought the game this year. It really is a great cricket game, the only one i'll play until TAOC comes out.

innes

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hmm, do you get good cpu pacing with tutsis?
also, i noticed if you defend a ball, u can run a single every time :/

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
yeh but where is the fun in just blocking and then running. I only run occasionally when I defend...

innes

Club Cricketer
with bosses test patch, i fidn the batsmen end up at like 50-5 after 10, mainly caught :/
cheers

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Playing some Twenty20's at the moment. Really enjoyable. Played a series with Sri Lanka and India and I beat Sri Lanka twice and lost to India once, with the last Indian game I believe still in the balance. I find the batting realistic and playing the cut shot is so great, they actually bowl wide at you :)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Heh, i still have my cricket 2004 cd around some where. Seeing Pietersen's enthusiasm for the game gas aroused my interest in the game once more, that and watching england play sri lanka on sky. :p

If i remember correctly, cricket 2004 has some glaring bugs though, and i cant remember what the fixes were. The run out bug was one, and erm, the line up bug i think, and erm, there was one more, eh i forget.

If i was to reinstall, what are the must have patches, and are there up to date rosters?

innes

Club Cricketer
Well, my game runs really slow on vista
but i use boss's test and odi patch, quite agressive cpu
use sams exe to fix all the major bugs
use burmas batpack with boss's roster, which comes with boss's patch
errrmmm, thats about it for gameplay

for graphics, its all up to you :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
If i remember correctly, cricket 2004 has some glaring bugs though, and i cant remember what the fixes were. The run out bug was one, and erm, the line up bug i think, and erm, there was one more, eh i forget.
I don't know about the run-out bug. Well I have the game on PS2 so even if I wanted to I can't fix it.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
As innes says sam's exe fixes pretty much everything. Lineups,runouts, adds more swing, the lot.

I reinstalled C2004 just now onto my vista system. Pleasantly surprised that it works and supports widescreen resolutions. My menu screen backgrounds are all corrupted but I can live with that. 2 main problems, firstly its running at double speed, so its off to find one of the many utilities mentioned around the forum. Secondly, it doesnt recognise my joypad, so its back to the good old days of keys. Even at double speed I was able to have a bit of fun batting (and not so much bowling). Played just the one 10 over match so far and lost in the final over, although I take heart that I took more wickets. I'd forgotten how good the range of shots feel compared to C07 and I also managed to get an LBW :D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Told ya it was better than 07 :D I was getting some great swing and seam with Irfan Pathan earlier, took 5 wickets in the space of an 8 over spell, with 2 lbw's, a caught behind and 2 bowleds. Managed to skittle England out for just over 120, but lost 2 wickets in the first over, one was a pretty suspect lbw, was going down leg and was too high, seems Daryl Harper's decisions were incorporated into the game :p. Such a fun game to play, Cricket 2004 ftw.

innes

Club Cricketer
Kev, I have identical prob to u
except with laptop not plugged in it runs double speed, plugged in its is slow mo lol
oooh the choices :P

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
At least you have more choices than me, I'm on a desktop, if I pull the plug it goes off ;) I'll have to do a bit of searching, as I'm finding it a bit hard to find software to slow windows down thats 64bit compatible. So it could be that my glorious C2004 return is shortlived ;)

innes

Club Cricketer
Ive tried!
I cant find any for vista, let alone 64 bit
ill give you a shout if i find any in my voyage :)

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Yeh 2004 is the best.
Runs great on my duel Core.
I'm only using sams run out fix .exe patch
at the moment

At 8x AA and 8x AF, it is still very good to look at.
This game will "always" be a playable classic for
many years to come. Especially with the resent efforts
from the developers.

The bowling is too buged in CK07 for me to play it.
ie. bowl up around the stumps and the game is yours.
I liked the "patched" batting, but I need a complete
game with "reasonable" bug free bowling as well.

Yep, 2004 is my game untill the developers pull they're
fingers out. :(:(:(

Users who are viewing this thread