How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

And at tea:

Cricket20092009-08-1723-59-40-08.png

Cricket20092009-08-1723-59-43-78.png

Cricket20092009-08-1723-59-58-47.png

I struggled to get it away with Collingwood (think he's the lowest rated batsmen of those top 7 in the team), as you can see! Had a few inside and outside edges, but I may reduce the timing further still. The AI no balls and AI field placings are frustrating most at the moment. 30 no balls in two sessions, really?

229/3 is still a pretty strong position even if your runrates are more sensible.

Yep. Things accelerated somewhat in the final session.....

Cricket20092009-08-1801-14-58-53.png

Cricket20092009-08-1801-15-02-79.png

Cricket20092009-08-1801-15-06-08.png

All the catches so far have been in front of square from poorly timed drives. A lapse in concentration resulted in me being too slow on a Cook defensive shot, so he got bowled. There were significantly more short balls when Prior was batting, hence the much quicker strike rate for him.

Aussies 337/7 from 55 overs - around 137 ahead, at stumps on day one. Rpo is around 6.8 - I had to bowl Swann for a while as all seamers were knackered. Spinners really need work - as soon as they appear, the AI goes into Twenty/20 mode!

@Gas: I've noticed that the wear and tear doesn't get saved as well. I'm going to add that to the patch thread; if it's just cosmetic, it doesn't matter too much, but chances are, it means that the actual wear and tear doesn't come into the game and that's an important part of cricket. If you can see yourself doing a day at a time (which I can't), one way round it is to make sure you save in the very last over before stumps (clock will say around 5:59) and then carry on playing as normal.

Personally, I'd like an option to autosave at the beginning of each over. That way, if any daft runouts occur, you'll always have a save, so you can just quit out and reload, as the game won't save again until the beginning of the next over.

@Stevie: Yes, far too many catches happen in that area.

Last edited:
Most my wickets are also in the covers or midwicket. Occasional one at mid-off. In terms of "real cricket" most dismissals are bowled/lbw or caught behind the wicket.

hey guys just playing my 1st test, i am south africa v australia and australia won the toss and chose to bat 1st

australia all out for 482
i was bowled out for a very poor 91 and had to follow on still needing 392 to make them bat again and right now at 4:22 on day 2 i am 0/65

so i am set for a big day trying to get my self back in to this game

well i played a cracker of a match with someone online
i was england aginst aus 10 overs match
the guy had me i all sorts of trouble with 35/5
the flintoff and prior hold the ground with me finally scoring 98 all out
i started off well with getting aussies 15/5
then came the twist and johnson hit me all round the park
with 2 wickets in hand he needed just 7 of last over
i bowled tricky by giving him slow ball yorker and a run out to finally end his run at 92
was a belter of a match

what was even good that the guy won the toss and fielded which means he was most likely to finish the match lol and he did

I was an idiot, needed 3 runs to win with 2 wickets remaining and facing Monty. So what do I do? I try and smack Monty out of the park and get caught behind. :facepalm Then Siddle comes in and tries a drive and also gets out. 1-0 down in the Ashes, I can only hope my concentration holds up longer this time.

I had the aussies 51-4 at 3.5 rpo and then i brought swann onto bowl and that accelerates to around 7! Any tips on how to bowl spin and get some wickets on hard?

With Swann to left handers, I find a defensive field and bowling over the wicket to about 6 inches outside off stump. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's hit and miss with spinners. Miss, most of the time.

I've not really played too much of this tbh. Had a few decent games. Won an T20i as South Africa against England, mainly thanks to my spinners, bowled superbly with Botha. Then won a really tight, bowler dominated Test as South Africa against India. Ashwell Prince hundred in the 1st innings and an unbeaten 74 from JP Duminy in the 2nd won me the game by 4 wickets. Now going to get back into my Ashes series, still in the 2nd innings of the 1st Test, 17/1 having dismissed Australia for 353.

Well I've got the first test wrapped up. I'm currently 2/150 chasing 200 so unless a major collapse happens I'm safe.

Tbh even if I got this game I wouldn't have the patience to bat normally. After a while I'd get bored of not being able to take wickets and I'd get bored of trying to bat 'normally' and I'd start bashing the ████ out of everything.

Tbh even if I got this game I wouldn't have the patience to bat normally. After a while I'd get bored of not being able to take wickets and I'd get bored of trying to bat 'normally' and I'd start bashing the ████ out of everything.

Thats what I end up doing.

unbelieveable........2 weeks of not being able to bowl someone out and i get 2 in 2 bowls with flintoff :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread