How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

hey did anyone play in Harare..its so fun playing in such a small sized ground...

hey got the game sunday 16 .8. 09 played a test and 20-20 awsome gameplay on hard mode and extra ordinary graphics there is problem of fake names but our members are rocked with patch one dissapoinment is third umpire decsion its old otherwise fantastic game

finally i received ashes cricket pc version .my first match between india and srilanka in india beat sri lanka by 9wickets. shewag make blistring hundred

Ive just had the best match i've ever had on ANY cricket game. Started up a 50-over ODI tournament on Hard, playing as England. Quarter final against the West Indies, they win the toss and elect to field. I make a good start, with Prior and Strauss both going well, until I had a mini collapse, losing both openers and #4 Flintoff very quickly. Pietersen played a gem of an innings, finishing up on 139 not out from 90 balls, and I set the Windies 303 to win.

In their reply they started poorly, losing two wickets to Harmison and after 10 overs they were 58/2. Sarwan reached 40 before falling, then a partnership of approx 140 between Chanderpaul and Pollard kept the asking rate at roughly a run a ball. Flintoff got Chanderpaul to finish with 2/56 off 10, and going into the final 10 overs they needed 63 with 5 wickets left. Some tight bowling from Onions and Harmison tied them down, and they needed 24 off the last 3 overs. It came down to 14 off the last over, to be bowled by Harmison. I thought surely its in the bag now!! It comes down to the last ball with them needing 7 to win. A slower-ball yorker was my choice of delivery, and Pollard waited for it and smashed it over cover for 6! MATCH TIED! Towards the end of the innings I really had to think about my lines and lengths, because if I got it slightly wrong it went for a boundary.

Because they bowled me out and I only took 5 wickets, I got knocked out of the tournament on a less wickets to balls ratio, but I didnt care. Only having them 5 down i was lucky not to lose, but it was an amazing game!

sorry not to have a go out you but your very sad just playing this game for gamerscore i belive you are not playing the game properly fair enough there are some glitches ect but i believe that these glitches occur mainly when you dont play the game properly if you play it safe with the bat you get decent score on hard and if you bowl good lengths they do not slog or any stupid run outs since i been bowling good length very often and having offside pack with men with 3 in slip and few on leg side obviously i have had hardly no run outs and im starting to get decent catches offside and in slip and lbws and even bowling them out hitting the stumps play the game right and its very enjoyable light green area when bowling thats whats always to aim for trust me also spinners very usefull for me now they dont get hit all over the park good times

I love how you immediately assume that I exploit glitches and not play the game properly. I did what gas did and reloaded after every run-out and paced myself properly when i batted. Achievements are there to be gained and in all honesty, they gave me an extra week of playing the game. But of course, just because I got a 1000 on it I must have glitched the game and played it incorectly. :facepalm

ENG 306 (99.0 Overs)

A.Strauss || c&b W.Parnell || 5 (9)
A.Cook || c M.Boucher ; b D.Steyn || 99 (224)
R.Bopara || c M.Boucher ; b D.Steyn || 26 (53)
K.Pietersen || c N.McKenzie ; b D.Steyn || 1 (10)
P.Collingwood || st Boucher ; b P.Harris || 6 (19)
M.Prior || c De Villiers ; b J.Kallis || 90 (173)
A.Flintoff || c H.Amla ; b M.Ntini || 15 (30)
S.Broad || NOT OUT || 8 (48)
G.Swann || lbw P.Harris || 5 (13)
J.Anderson || run out (D.Steyn) || 5 (26)
M.Panesar || st Boucher ; b P.Harris || 0 (1)

Extras || 3nb || 9wd || 5b || 29 lb ||

++++++++++++++++++++++++

D.Steyn | 28 - 8 - 59 - 3 | 2.11 per over |
M.Ntini | 21 - 2 - 61 - 1 | 2.90 per over |
P.Harris | 18 - 3 - 50 - 3 | 2.78 per over |
W.Parnell | 6 - 0 - 22 - 1 | 3.67 per over |
J.Kallis | 14 - 5 - 25 - 1 | 1.79 per over |
J.Duminy | 12 - 0 - 60 - 0 | 5 per over |

Last edited:
finally a good looking LBW with a seamer. Bowling to Siddle with Onions, pitched it on middle stump. Admittedly the cursor was darkish green, but I wasn too fussed at he couldn hit a carrot anyway!

Played a forward defensive missed it and canonned into his pad! Initially i thought it was another of those inside edges! but they appealed and it was given!! No silly shots just beat the pad and caught him infront!!!

496 all out

Thank Christ!! Day 5 Here i come!:banana2

I love how you immediately assume that I exploit glitches and not play the game properly. I did what gas did and reloaded after every run-out and paced myself properly when i batted. Achievements are there to be gained and in all honesty, they gave me an extra week of playing the game. But of course, just because I got a 1000 on it I must have glitched the game and played it incorectly. :facepalm

i didnt say you glitched the game and how your getting annnoyed and angry about this frankly i find funny as i was just advising you to enjoy games more and play the game the right way

After my 1st innings:

Cricket20092009-08-1805-23-37-75.png

Cricket20092009-08-1805-23-50-87.png

Anderson suffered his first test match duck. :D

I'll be reducing the timing further. I have Australia 7 down having just avoided the follow on, I'll get some more screens later. Watson hammered 52 off about 28 balls. :sarcasm

and if im honest i do belive you dont play the game the best way you should, no the wrong way read what i said before you jump to conclusions again as soon as i started playing proper test match cricket i began to enjoy the game more i was advised by the gas to be honest and most people i have spoke to actually everyone who has used this technique has had no problems since regarding to slogging and very stupid run outs that occur much more still the run out bug is there but thats something that needs to be patched so to be honest i beleive you havent been playing it properly as you are the only one complaining about it now soo

I was complaining?

Anyway first of all start using commas, and second of all i'll play the game how I want to play. Don't have a period over it.

A.Strauss || c&b W.Parnell || 5 (9)
A.Cook || c M.Boucher ; b D.Steyn || 99 (224)
R.Bopara || c M.Boucher ; b D.Steyn || 26 (53)
K.Pietersen || c N.McKenzie ; b D.Steyn || 1 (10)
P.Collingwood || st Boucher ; b P.Harris || 6 (19)
M.Prior || c De Villiers ; b J.Kallis || 90 (173)
A.Flintoff || c H.Amla ; b M.Ntini || 15 (30)
S.Broad || NOT OUT || 8 (48)
G.Swann || lbw P.Harris || 5 (13)
J.Anderson || run out (D.Steyn) || 5 (26)
M.Panesar || st Boucher ; b P.Harris || 0 (1)

Extras || 3nb || 9wd || 5b || 29 lb ||

++++++++++++++++++++++++

D.Steyn | 28 - 8 - 59 - 3 | 2.11 per over |
M.Ntini | 21 - 2 - 61 - 1 | 2.90 per over |
P.Harris | 18 - 3 - 50 - 3 | 2.78 per over |
W.Parnell | 6 - 0 - 22 - 1 | 3.67 per over |
J.Kallis | 14 - 5 - 25 - 1 | 1.79 per over |
J.Duminy | 12 - 0 - 60 - 0 | 5 per over |

u or them m8?

Users who are viewing this thread