How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

LOL at Collingwood's innings. i'm having a more safer chase of 200 runs in 3 days and I'm currently 0/17 off 10 overs going super cautious.

Gas you have to be trying to make it look realistic because if you just play and don't think about it it is impossiable to make it look realistic....

Great Game Gas. I still have not been able to get play the game much but I would surely be making use of your suggestions when I do.

Just reached tea at the end of day 1 of the 1st ashes test with me (england) at 343-6. Hoping to get to around 450 by lunch.

Great Game Gas. I still have not been able to get play the game much but I would surely be making use of your suggestions when I do.

hay sami whats up, long time no see. i got my pc game today. at Sri Lanka. but i had PS3 some time ago... still waiting for the patch really

142 from 165 doesn't look that mad.

Did you read my earlier posts here? I was batting normally with everyone till tea. Then shortly after tea i just thought sod it, hell for leather. I had loads of players who made less that collingwood, but who had 20-20 strike rates. Strauss had 75 Flintoff had 60 odd.

Gas you have to be trying to make it look realistic because if you just play and don't think about it it is impossiable to make it look realistic....

Aye, i was batting normally and bowling with a pre-planned field which restricted cpu scoring. Also, if you remove most of the off side field, apart from cover on the boundary then you don't get easy wickets caught in the covers.

Good idea, if you want test matches to last.

Last edited:
BAsically, try not to play stupid when batting, just sensible and whilst bowling, set your field right and bowl to it. eg. off-side field to off-side bowling.

I’m really fed up with the off spinner they just totally ruin the game. I have the posting good score like 120/1 then as soon as I bring the spinner on after about 6-7 overs the game totally changes to 130/6

@ Gas and Covvy!

Guys im having realistic matches as you are!! However i still get that mental bit in thee middle as you do!

What has been the best way of stopping this as best as possible that you have discovered!

@ Gas and Covvy!

Guys im having realistic matches as you are!! However i still get that mental bit in thee middle as you do!

What has been the best way of stopping this as best as possible that you have discovered!

Save and reload. I have noticed this can sometimes put them back into their shell a little. Does not work all the time though.

Get their confidence down a little bit. I find varying deliveries every ball can help, as can hitting the yellow meter and the execution meter spot on can get them back into leave mode.

Ok, well I have just finished my first test and I must say that this game is way too easy on hard. I was Aus playing against england and i sent them into bat as this was my first match and i wanted to learn how to bowl. They managed to score 273 at about 7.8 rpo which I didn't mind to much as this was my first bowling attempt.

I managed to make 7/890 declared, thats right 890! Batting is so easy it's not funny. I was patient in the begining, before I got bored and played at every single ball regardless of where it was pitched. North made 304 n.o and johnson made 205.

When you get bored, stop playing. Don't just start slogging - that makes the game even more boring! Stop playing if you get bored.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

I just bat very defensively and only attack the over pitched or short balls. If the cpu pitches it on an ideal length outside off stump i block or leave. It does require patience.

That's what I do. It's called 'playing realistically'! If you wouldn't attack it in real life, don't attack it in the game. So when the AI does serve up one short and wide outside offstump and you cut it for four, it feels all the more satisfying!

I find the problem is that I always seem to get out cutting and pulling the short wide ones. Back foot shots through the offside are very risky I find even to "poor" balls.

Users who are viewing this thread