How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

the gas i understand the tips you have gave us on bowling to get a better match and thanks for this m8 but how do you get such high scores when you come out to bat do you just leave shot that are going well wide of the stumps ect cause i go out to quickly ill be lucky to make late 200s if i pay good so how you bat what you leave and defend which kinda shots pz coud you tell me cheerss ??

I just bat very defensively and only attack the over pitched or short balls. If the cpu pitches it on an ideal length outside off stump i block or leave. It does require patience.

Ok, well I have just finished my first test and I must say that this game is way too easy on hard. I was Aus playing against england and i sent them into bat as this was my first match and i wanted to learn how to bowl. They managed to score 273 at about 7.8 rpo which I didn't mind to much as this was my first bowling attempt.

I managed to make 7/890 declared, thats right 890! Batting is so easy it's not funny. I was patient in the begining, before I got bored and played at every single ball regardless of where it was pitched. North made 304 n.o and johnson made 205.

So after I declared I managed to bowl Eng out for 80 off 40 overs, once I had worked out how to bowl. So I managed to win by an innings and 537 runs. :facepalm

I have now started the 2nd test and have once again bowled Eng out for 100 and I'm currently 0/220. :facepalm

On a side note, I managed to play this game with a couple of mates and I think this game is fantastic when playing against someone else. All scorelines were realistic with some very tight games.

I really wish the AI was more adaptive than what it is.

Ok, well I have just finished my first test and I must say that this game is way too easy on hard. I was Aus playing against england and i sent them into bat as this was my first match and i wanted to learn how to bowl. They managed to score 273 at about 7.8 rpo which I didn't mind to much as this was my first bowling attempt.

I managed to make 7/890 declared, thats right 890! Batting is so easy it's not funny. I was patient in the begining, before I got bored and played at every single ball regardless of where it was pitched. North made 304 n.o and johnson made 205.

So after I declared I managed to bowl Eng out for 80 off 40 overs, once I had worked out how to bowl. So I managed to win by an innings and 537 runs. :facepalm

I have now started the 2nd test and have once again bowled Eng out for 100 and I'm currently 0/220. :facepalm

On a side note, I managed to play this game with a couple of mates and I think this game is fantastic when playing against someone else. All scorelines were realistic with some very tight games.

I really wish the AI was more adaptive than what it is.

Yeah I agree about the online thing. I have actually being playing AI games on normal and find it more balanced than hard, although you have to ignore some of the easy options AI sometimes gives you. If I was to set fields like they do I'd be out of a job big time pronto!:)

Hey guys.....

I have just started my First Ashes Test and have England 4/117 at lunch on Day one.... Hauritz came on a over before lunch and I got 2/2 with him. I came across this great forum and have joined to take part so hey!

I'm going great thanks lol. Just bought the PS3 version last Thursday, and yesterday I started the 09 Ashes series and am batting and have the game saved. I'm like none for 20 odd after a few overs. It's like an enhanced Ricky Ponting cricket 2007 is this game lol. :)

Well, I got my hands on the game yesterday. And as soon as it was installed, I tried to play an ODI between Australia and England after taking a hasty look at the tutorial. It wasn't a wise decision, as I was simply pummeled by the AI. Honestly speaking, the AI of the last version and this one are poles apart!! Huge improvement, must say. Anyway, right now, I'm taking that "Legends training" or what they call it. And yeah, am also reading the tutorial thoroughly. :p Don't want the AI to murder me again. The game's not bad at all. There are some minor glitches though. (Which game till date doesn't have glitches ?) But one thing which is really bugging me off is the stupid commentary. It's the same recycled trash. Whatever was there in BLIC 05, same here; haven't changed a line. That's really frustrating! Alright, I'll stop being over critical. Other than this, and the silly runouts; the game looks pretty good. Oh well, these are my first impressions. I'm still new to the game, and these might change as I dig deeper into matters. Let's see now. ;)

Last edited:
Having a great match at the moment for the first test. As I've said before, They (Eng) got 200 all out in the first innings, I (aus) then managed 260 and in the second innings England were cruising until along came Hauritz who snared 5/67 to give me only about 180 too chase at it's the first session in the third day!

:D

Bodyline fields, basically?

Yeah pretty much, i still bowl normal line and length though with a little variation. I find the cpu takes a nice share of singles and two's this way with the cover fielder on the boundary. Bad balls normally get dispatched through point, down the ground, sometimes wide of cover of through the legside.

Day 5 Tea. Draw as predicted after the aussie first innings. I'll be giving them an extra bowler for the final test.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 56
how do u keep the run rate down.... batsmen have just gone crazy particually against my spinners.

@Gas
I can't believe that have gone a full 5 days, though yr not gonna get a result it goes to show that the ai isnt as messed up as people think.(myself included at first) you just need to contain it. It seems that the better you play the more realistic the gameplay, runouts aside. At the moment my test only go to 3rd day morning at best, but i think this is mainly due to the low totals i'm setting as my batting is pretty average. I've also started purposely dropping caught and bowleds as i feel they are too numerous

I got bored, so in the final session im having a mad dash at chasing down the total. Need about another 220 off of 30 minutes play. :laugh

this game got lot of bugs to fix but one thing is this game unlike any other have crickets fundimentals in it. so if u cant understand cricket as it is, and play accordingly. you still can have fun. but i am also waiting for the patch coz runouts in test cricket is not real at all, by the way good game gas...

Well after a mad chase at the end i fell 97 short. :p

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread