How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

am i alone in this or did anyone else hear "Pakistan Zindabad" during the ashes ??

Do you mean in the game? I mentioned that way back when I first got the demo! :) They've done such a piss-poor job on the chanting in this game. OK, so Barmy army was licenced.

What about:

5,4,3,2,1....hooraaaaay!
'Four more to the Engerland, four more to the Engerland'
The various tunes the trumpeter plays (where is he in the game??)

The cheers for wickets/boundaries are rubbish as well. I hope someone can grab hold of the sound in this game and give it a damn good shake! As I said, it feels like cricket, but not Ashes cricket, which is not good for a game called 'Ashes Cricket 2009'.

There are others...

Just remember that fair enough i have gave you some tips on how to bowl with the spinners, but this doesent mean they wont hit big off you, cause they always will at certain points of the game thats just life.

They certainly wont hit big off you know where near as much, no sixes i would predict, few fours of course tho.

But of course i advise you to stick with the fast bowlers untill you are really having trouble picking up some wickets, then its time for the spin attack.

Point taken and to add to that that what I like about this game is that you can set fields and bowl to them and create chances. I am not talking about AI exploits here as I do most of my playing online. I find that if I think about where I am placing my field and how I am placing the ball I can restrict people and create chances. I try not to too be one-sided either but to mix things up. Sometimes you go for a few and you have to think of something else. It's a fantastic feeling when you've tempted somebody into playing a false stroke because you hae left a space open or bowled a certain delivery! That's why I personally like this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Point taken and to add to that that what I like about this game is that you can set fields and bowl to them and create chances. I am not talking about AI exploits here as I do most of my playing online. I find that if I think about where I am placing my field and how I am placing the ball I can restrict people and create chances. I try not to too be one-sided either but to mix things up. Sometimes you got for a few and you have to think of something else. It's a fantastic feeling when you've tempted somebody into playing a false stroke because you hae left a space open or bowled a certain delivery! That's why I personally like this game.[/QUO

I completely agree with you.
I never really used to concentrate on my custom fields but now i have begun to it has helped my bowling soo much, as you can create a field to your liking and play a batsman into certain shot to take a wicket and create many chances.

Well, I'm absolutely loving this game even though it's had some poor reviews. I'm getting pretty realistic matches unlike others. Just chased down 200 in the first ashes test to go 1-0 up. Solid batting by pretty much everyone let me win by six wickets.

Well, I'm absolutely loving this game even though it's had some poor reviews. I'm getting pretty realistic matches unlike others. Just chased down 200 in the first ashes test to go 1-0 up. Solid batting by pretty much everyone let me win by six wickets.

Yep, same here. I get utterly punished when I don't settle down and try and graft an innings. My English middle order is very realistic in that sense!:)

If I ever go to an Ashes game, I will chant Pakistan Zindabad :)

I'm glad Codemasters have prepared for my attendance of an Ashes test :D

If I ever go to an Ashes game, I will chant Pakistan Zindabad :)

I'm glad Codemasters have prepared for my attendance of an Ashes test :D

Lol. I would be careful where you sit when you do it though!:D

I have just finished the first test in the ashes and I had great fun winning with Australia!
I had to chase down 56 in my last innings and I pulled it off in style and I won with 9 wickets to spare.

I also finished an ODI earlier with Sri Lanka against India, it was the quarter finals in a tournament.
Sri Lanka was put to bat in overcast conditions. It looked like it was going to be a failed innings when Sri Lanka's whole top order was dismissed. And the middle order showed little motivation going out quickly. Before I knew it Sri Lanka was 59-6, but then Thilan Thushara completely turned the match around.
Thushara went on to get an unbeaten century while getting some help from Malinga, Murli and Mendis. And Sri Lanka suddenly were 210 all out with 20 overs to spare with Mendis being trapped in front. A pretty average innings came to an end with 4 lbw's, Thushara scoring 118* and Dilshan 32.
So India needed a not so difficult total 211 to win the match, but with Sri Lanka's fabulous bowling attack anything could happen.
Actually it was India's risky stupid running who helped Sri Lanka a lot in the powerplays. 4 run outs destroyed every good looking partnership and Sri Lanka survived the powerplays with 122-5. Malinga also took one wicket when he bowled the little master Sachin Tendulkar. It looked like a comfortable win for India with Ms Dhoni on 10 and Gambhir well settled in on 66.
But threesome Murli Mendis and Sangakkara decided the game with a great effort. Sangakkara with 2 stumpings and 2 catches, Mendis with 1 wicket and Murli with 4 wickets in 3.3 overs kicked India straight out of the tournament. India adding just 26 runs more became all out on 148.
Gambhir top scored for India with 70 (48).
While India's best bowler was Ishant Sharma with figures of 4/32.

Sri Lanka will face Australia in a cracking Semi Final! :banana2

Definition of *brassed* off - Ashes 2009 Style

Carefully taking 9 wickets with Swann, only for the computer to take a daft run out for the 10th wicket :facepalm

I'll never get that achievement

I just played an amazing 20/20 on Hard

Australia (me) v India

India batted first and got 167/4 (Yuvraj Singh 87*) [Brett Lee 4/39]
Australia had 149/6 off 19 overs...needing 19 off the last over with Sharma doing the honours...

BALL 1 Short Ball to Dave Hussey hit into the covers for a single

BALL 2 James Hopes cuts a loosener for 4 behind square on the offside

BALL 3 James Hopes gets a short ball and manages to wheel it away for a tight single. Hussey dives in and makes it. 13 to win off 3 balls

BALL 4 - NO BALL Sharma oversteps the marker and Hussey also puts the ball away for a tightly run 2

BALL 4 - FREE HIT Hussey goes big and finds the boundary. A poor short ball hooked for 4. 6 Runs off 2 balls needed

BALL 5 Dave Hussey gets an edge and it beats the slips. 4 Runs!

BALL 6 2 Needed. Last Ball. Sharma to D.Hussey. Nice and Full Outside offstump, poorly timed by Hussey and rolls to into the covers, then run a single and try to come back for the second. Yuvraj Singh shyes at the stumps and Misses! Hopes dives in and Australia win by 4 wickets!

I just played an amazing 20/20 on Hard

Australia (me) v India

India batted first and got 167/4 (Yuvraj Singh 87*) [Brett Lee 4/39]
Australia had 149/6 off 19 overs...needing 19 off the last over with Sharma doing the honours...

BALL 1 Short Ball to Dave Hussey hit into the covers for a single

BALL 2 James Hopes cuts a loosener for 4 behind square on the offside

BALL 3 James Hopes gets a short ball and manages to wheel it away for a tight single. Hussey dives in and makes it. 13 to win off 3 balls

BALL 4 - NO BALL Sharma oversteps the marker and Hussey also puts the ball away for a tightly run 2

BALL 4 - FREE HIT Hussey goes big and finds the boundary. A poor short ball hooked for 4. 6 Runs off 2 balls needed

BALL 5 Dave Hussey gets an edge and it beats the slips. 4 Runs!

BALL 6 2 Needed. Last Ball. Sharma to D.Hussey. Nice and Full Outside offstump, poorly timed by Hussey and rolls to into the covers, then run a single and try to come back for the second. Yuvraj Singh shyes at the stumps and Misses! Hopes dives in and Australia win by 4 wickets!

Brilliant game and brilliant commentary. I seriously like your little match reports. Keep 'em coming! Whatever people say about this game, it is producing scenarios like you have described and those are well worth the 80 dollars I paid for it!

LOL had a huge (attempted) slog fest againt kenya. I bowled to them first and they couldn't handle the good aussie bowlers and only manage 100 runs of 20 overs. I come in a slog all over the park to be 40/0 off 3 overs, but then I collapse and get bowled out in the next five overs for 80 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread