How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

just got spanked in a 50 over game for 200 in 19 overs. :crying
I have absolutely no clue what to bowl. anything i bowl just dissappears even if the circle is yellow and the speed metre is yellow. it is just ridiculous. So i quit playing. It is so annoying that codemasters had to make it impossible for us to do AI editing like in previous EA cricket games or BLC99 and i doubt codemasters are going to even think about releasing a patch.

Last edited:
^well bowling is tough but its not THAT tough. 200 in 19 overs, certainly either ur experimenting too much or not bowling in the light green bar more often.

The problem we all are facing is to get wickets of course with a little more ease but most importantly through genuine dismissals and not glitches.
There are far too less bowled, lbw's, caught behinds or at slips.
Whatever cric07 was, atleast personally I would reach a satisfactory point during any game by bowling with plan getting them caught behind the wicket was greatly satsifying.
This game has missed these simple inputs but has improved on others.
Enjoyable, but if we are able to get these issues solved this will be one heck of a video game.
Hopefull, fingers crossed.

just started the ashes
im australia and england won the toss and chose to bowl 1st, and after 37 overs i am 1/182 with ponting on 87 from 116 balls and hughes 57 from 120 balls, katich went early and made 9, so things are looking good. back with more soon

james117.jpg

jamershepp added 14 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

WAS

james114.jpg

THEN

james116.jpg

jamershepp added 5 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

1st test at cardiff finished as follows

james118.jpg

Just beat leeboy. He was doing good but had some major problems once I brought in the pacers. 99 wasn't enough to defend. But he's a really good player and finished the match, and bowled well. If edges actually carried, he would've had a lot more wickets down.

Attachments

• leeboy.jpg
    leeboy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 30
just got spanked in a 50 over game for 200 in 19 overs. :crying
I have absolutely no clue what to bowl. anything i bowl just dissappears even if the circle is yellow and the speed metre is yellow. it is just ridiculous. So i quit playing. It is so annoying that codemasters had to make it impossible for us to do AI editing like in previous EA cricket games or BLC99 and i doubt codemasters are going to even think about releasing a patch.

You have to think about tricking the person. Move the cursor last minute, change your pace up a lot. Change the delivery type last minute (going from a pace to a slow or an outswinger to an inswinger are great). Also, look into your field settings. Try to bowl more full so it would hit the stumps if the batsman misses or gets an lbw. If the player gets past your first line of attack, stop attacking. Put a more defensive field on, and bowl something which would yield 1s or 2s more than 4's. Try to get the person you're playing to get in a comfort zone and then make a mistake by outwitting him all of a sudden. :banana2

I played my first test match on hard mode last night. I packed up the off side and bowled out swingers just short of length outside off stump. I was able to bowl out england on 180 and 128 in each innings. Most of them were catches in slips, gully, point and cover. Luckily run-out bug didn't come up.

Looking forward to next macth.:D

Mmmm, I think I need to conclude that I have'nt quite grasped the intimate details of approaching spin bowling. Ashes test, Cardiff; 27th over England 98 for 2 after 28.1 overs. Australians decide for an over of spin just before lunch (The AI Mr Ponting had obviously been given some inside information as to my abilities of dealing with the likes of Mr North) and brought on said Mr North....England 98 for 7 after 29 overs!:laugh I was tempted to reload my saved game but decided to punish myself and get on with it....we scraped through to lunch without further damage, but of course the damage has been done. Can the tail-enders assisted by a resilliant Alistair Cook rejunivate some pride and purpose to the proceedings? (I think we know the answer to that one:D) I shall share with you how we get on! (Sounds of muttering fading off into the distance...stupid game....bugs...no good...wrong bounce.....has nothing to do with me.....)

Mmmm, I think I need to conclude that I have'nt quite grasped the intimate details of approaching spin bowling. Ashes test, Cardiff; 27th over England 98 for 2 after 28.1 overs. Australians decide for an over of spin just before lunch (The AI Mr Ponting had obviously been given some inside information as to my abilities of dealing with the likes of Mr North) and brought on said Mr North....England 98 for 7 after 29 overs!:laugh I was tempted to reload my saved game but decided to punish myself and get on with it....we scraped through to lunch without further damage, but of course the damage has been done. Can the tail-enders assisted by a resilliant Alistair Cook rejunivate some pride and purpose to the proceedings? (I think we know the answer to that one:D) I shall share with you how we get on! (Sounds of muttering fading off into the distance...stupid game....bugs...no good...wrong bounce.....has nothing to do with me.....)

:laugh

You sound like me ..... but with more talent!

After my epic collapse I struggled through in my first innings to 139 all out. However I then managed to bowl out the Aussies for 138 off 40.3!!
Which was cool! I am hoping to put a bit more daylight between me an them. We shall see.

Only been playing online for the last few days, since winning the first test at Cardiff convincingly so only now am I at Lords. We are at lunch on day 2 and I'm 85/1 after the Aussies made 376 (I simulated their innings to give it some realism.) Ponting getting 114 in 176 balls ! It should be a good match up as I now no that a measured approach is a must, (rather than just pretending it is) and for the first time since getting the game nearly 2 weeks ago, I feel like I have spent my money well and can't wait to get back to it in a bit :banana2

I find the game rather easy to be honest.
I regularly bowl teams out for 100 or less on hard by simply bowling outside the off stump with a 9-0 field n they just chip it the fielders. Even by dropping 3 or 4 catches teams never seem to put 200 past me which makes the game not very enjoyable. Also the AI tends to run themselves out alot.
On the batting front i find it very hard not to score quickly with any player! Test matches are usually all over within a day and It's getting quite boring...

What a username...

Did you just smash the keyboard to come up with that on?

I find the game rather easy to be honest.
I regularly bowl teams out for 100 or less on hard by simply bowling outside the off stump with a 9-0 field n they just chip it the fielders. Even by dropping 3 or 4 catches teams never seem to put 200 past me which makes the game not very enjoyable. Also the AI tends to run themselves out alot.
On the batting front i find it very hard not to score quickly with any player! Test matches are usually all over within a day and It's getting quite boring...

I had the same problem but what i've done now is that i have reduced the timing and placement skills of the batsmen of my team and that makes the batting slightly tougher. As far as the bowling problem is concerned, set a normal 6-3 field and bowl normally like one does in real cricket..By doing this AI will score decent score that will be challenging for you to get with lower timing and placement skills

Users who are viewing this thread