How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

@jamershepp

AI run rate @ around 6.5 RPO is quite acceptable..

Yes i guess its acceptable, but i won by an innings and 100 odd runs, just to easy some bowls 1 lbw but mostly cathes but still i m winning to easy but im not gonna change my field so they get more realistic score im gonna play my field soi can get them out as quick as possible thats the point of bowling.

I am still enjoying this game! I have lots of blind spots when it comes to genuine cricket knowledge which helps me not see too many of the flaws others talk about. I just try and play realistic cricket. Really try and choose the ball on its merit. Do I need to play back or forward? Where do I need to be in my crease? Defense or attack? What are the bowlers trying to make me do? Whats the field like? Where are the dangers or the gaps? If you allow yourself to get involved in this way every ball is challenging and enjoyable. I am having a great ODi against South Africa. My boys put on 241 all out in the 47th over, (bit of a slog fest at the end, but thats ligitimate). I was playing at Headingly under clouds so I think we have set them a challenging total. South Africa are currently 45 for 2 of 7 overs. A good scoring rate (Graeme Smith is hitting anything that strays!) but the wickets have slowed them down somewhat.:)

Ashes, Australia obviously batting... England would be 2/55 with Bopara departed.

Ashes, Australia obviously batting... England would be 2/55 with Bopara departed.

You are probably right! Poor bugger would have probably have tripped down the stairs coming out! Well one thing he knows for sure...Australia are not the West Indies!

Yeah it's the ashes, and yes I'm Australia.

Im playing as engand in the ashes series, really enjoying the series. First test at cardiff i have to admit was an easy one, it finished with me winning by an innings and 100 odd runs, a bit to easy really. I just found it to easy to bowl them out no real challenge, but i do hope this may change now as i have edited there team and maybe the different pitches could have an impact on the way the AI bat. I save after every over if i remember, so i have no run outs unless its a fair run out of course. Im able to contain them to about 6rpo most overs anyway, but of course i go through patches where they hit me all over the park, but i do also trouble them for runs in certain sessions more than others. Second test yet to be played hopefully the pitch may have an impact on them getting a stronger score when batting. Also i have edited there team and gave them a better and stronger line up along with changing there bowlers and adding others to maybe give them more options to bowl me out.

Hopefully its a great second test at lords.
Im also looking forward to doing the series with australia.

I refuse to play test matches as they're to boring, easy and unrealistic. I wont play another test untill some sort of patch is released.

In the meantime i'm just gonna play T20 and 50 over games as they're more of a challenge IMO.

Just won the ashes with the aussies, absolutely hammered england every test, they didn't bowl me out once and i won every match by an innings apart from one where I deliberately played for the 10 wicket win achievement.
Katich got nearly 1000 series runs and Siddle got 41 wickets too. Too easy but I did pack the off field (6-3)

It's been really interesting reading these fella's, keep them uo :D

Playing first Ashes test (Hard Mode) in PS3.
Eng(Me) made 332 allout.
Aus currently 93/2 in 22 overs. One geniune run out and watson bowled by Anderson.

Lets see whether AI goes mad now.

My ashes test so far, played the first and second already, currently playing the third and bowed them out first innings for 230 odd its high for ai trust.

jamershepp added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Finally got round to playing the fourth Ashes test but it now appears that I'm a bit too good at the game...
Slogged from the off but didn't really start timing it until Freddie and Swanny were in. Innings rpo of 18.
Fred's S/R 423 and a 48 ball double tonne with 20 6s.
The choice? Declare or try and break some record?

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-31 22-58-15-03.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-31 22-58-15-03.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-34-16.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-34-16.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-46-07.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-46-07.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 14
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-56-31.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-31 23-14-56-31.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 18
I still can't slog without getting out. I suppose this is a good thing in a way:)

Users who are viewing this thread