How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

You just can't let your concentration drop at all - the AI is very good at just sliding it out a little wider and tempting you to go after it!

It's funny: I thought I'd be bored of the game because the Ashes are over, but create your very own little Ashes bubble with the help of this fantastic game (yes, it is now!) and the summer's here all over again...

2nd Test news to come tomorrow. Now, bedtime!!

Sounds great and thanks for all the pctures you have posted fair play and reallt looking forward to see tommorows second test. And cant wait to get the patch on my xbox 360 and play an ashes series realy looking forward to it now!!

You just can't let your concentration drop at all - the AI is very good at just sliding it out a little wider and tempting you to go after it!

It's funny: I thought I'd be bored of the game because the Ashes are over, but create your very own little Ashes bubble with the help of this fantastic game (yes, it is now!) and the summer's here all over again...

2nd Test news to come tomorrow. Now, bedtime!!

Seemed a cracking match but what a collapse eh going so well what was it like 141 for 1 and you finished up on a score of 150 odd unlucky mate but these things do happen. Looking forward to 2nd test feedback!!

Here is a screenie of my Champions Trophy clash between South Africa (CPU) and England at Cape Town.

South Africa batted first and put on a respectable total. England started badly, losing Wright to a silly run-out (pressed the wrong button!) but Strauss was a rock and steadied things and carried the team through with a brilliant century. Took him a while to get going but after that he played really well. A late flurry of wickets rattled England but a timely knock by Monsieur Flintoff gave England the victory they needed to progress through the group!

This game is so realistic when played "properly" i.e with cricketing tactics and application; you have to think cricket and it will produce wonderful games like this.:)

Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-31-34-05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Three wickets at just a tick under four and a half runs an over and smashing half century by Flintoff. Good all round effort.

Three wickets at just a tick under four and a half runs an over and smashing half century by Flintoff. Good all round effort.

And that with a knackered knee! Flintoff was indeed the real match saver. Took a crucial wicket when South Africa were going along nicely and came in when the old middle order collapsed (very realistic) and blasted England over the line. One of the most enjoyable off-line games I have played.

What difficulty level were you playing on? I found normal without lofted strokes to be quite good. With hard I only dare play 2 or 3 different shots...

What difficulty level were you playing on? I found normal without lofted strokes to be quite good. With hard I only dare play 2 or 3 different shots...

Good point. I think this was normal to be honest. I found taking wickets very, very hard in hard mode. And as you said I avoid going for the lofted shot as they need to be tweaked a bit otherwise its a cruise.

Test matches I play in hard mode because you have much more time to play and defend, play and defend, slowly building up confidence.

This is just a random question as im not fussed either way!... but was interested to ask how many of you guys, prefere to watch the edge you have go fly to the slips with the normal camera view from behind the bowler.

Or how many prefere the camera view ashes cricket 2009 switches to?

For some reason I quite like seeing it fly to slips as if you were watching it on the box!!

Has anyone got any more screens or anything, I'm bored.

Ps looked like a good match dutch!

PPs MB76 that was a pretty bad collapse against Hauritz, was it spinning a lot for him?

Wow, wow, wow.
250/3 struggling to get a wicket. Strike batsman has 68* - bowled him a length ball reversing back in. He plays and misses; it hits the top of off.
Will try and post the video later.

End of England 1st Innings - Day One - 3rd Ashes Test @ Edgbaston

Scorecard
Cricket20092009-09-2516-34-03-90.png

Batting stats
Cricket20092009-09-2516-34-13-27.png

Bowling
Cricket20092009-09-2516-34-23-87.png

I'm pretty disappointed with that score after being 116-0 at lunch. The Prior dismissal was pretty similar to what Colin described above. At first I was annoyed because he was going well but then I thought "that looked awesome!"

Still another 17 overs left on the first day so we'll see whether I can make any inroads. Bring it on! :D

Close of play - Day One - 3rd Ashes Test @ Edgbaston

Cricket20092009-09-2517-13-14-68.png

Katich played down completely the wrong to a James Anderson delivery and had his off stump knocked back. Phil Hughes has been pretty impressive, hitting 3 4's and 2 6's in his 38 whilst Ponting has yet to get off the mark. Think I'll be making a couple of changes for the next match, with Sidebottom and Bell the candidates for being replaced.

I have a confession to make. It makes me feel dirty to do so but I've actually been playing this new, patched, Ashes series as Australia. You see I've won it already as England and I'm after the stadium unlock.
On current form I might as well not have bothered. It's final session on day 2 and I'm up against the wall. I was actually pretty pleased to reach 220 in my innings but England were very hard to dismiss.
The KP dismissal was gorgeous (see below):

I also only dropped 2 catches all innings. Satisfying to get them out although I think I may have found a death ball for getting them caught at long on...
Anyhow pacing is great, difficulty is great, reverse swing was great, the new ball was great ;)
Starting 140 behind I can't see me setting a target of more than 100 at most which is not so great but no-one fault but mine.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-15-32-18.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-15-32-18.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-15-52-37.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-15-52-37.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-16-15-94.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-25 17-16-15-94.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread