How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Indeed. I haven't had one 'caught in the covers' chance off the AI, or by my own batting and before the Beta, that was the only way I took wickets. Now, there's a nice variety of dismissal.

Have you had a "hit wicket" dismissal? How about "handling the ball"?

:p

Have you had a "hit wicket" dismissal? How about "handling the ball"?

:p

:laugh

I think that'd be too much attention to detail even for TG. I had an AI runout - it was a stupid run, but understandable - it happens in real cricket. The AI hit timed a drive perfectly and set off immediately, but unfortunately for him, my fielder stopped it, shied at the stumps and ran him out. For the first time ever, I was actually happy to see a run-out!

End of day two of the 1st test and England are really up against it!

matchsum1sttest2nddayst.png

After KP's fantastic century, it all went a bit pear-shaped for the England 1st innings...

A collapse similar to the 1st innings is needed for us to stand any chance at all! Could've had a late wicket on the second day, but a sharp chance off Swann was dropped at silly point (I think). I'm not good with fielding positions, even after all this time. :o

Lunch - Day One - 3rd Ashes Test @ Edgbaston

Cricket20092009-09-2403-19-17-37.png

Cricket20092009-09-2403-19-21-76.png

Cricket20092009-09-2403-19-25-50.png

Probably time I moved my posts into here seeing as I've given all the feedback that I can think of.

The area I've marked in red (first picture) tells the story. Ponting gets it wrong at Edgbaston again! :D To make things worse, Strauss has been dropped twice. First was at first slip while on 8, second time at mid wicket in White's first over (29th over of the innings).

I included Cameron White instead of Hauritz because he's rated as a better batsman and bowler. I know it may not be a realistic selection, but I wanted to give the Aussies more batting depth and see how the AI bowled with a leggy. I made a few other changes to the Aussie side as well; Phil Hughes is in for Shane Watson, Brett Lee replaces Siddle and Stuart Clark is in for Hilfenhaus.

I think this may finally be that big innings I was talking about yesterday.....

End of day two of the 1st test and England are really up against it!

matchsum1sttest2nddayst.png

After KP's fantastic century, it all went a bit pear-shaped for the England 1st innings...

A collapse similar to the 1st innings is needed for us to stand any chance at all! Could've had a late wicket on the second day, but a sharp chance off Swann was dropped at silly point (I think). I'm not good with fielding positions, even after all this time. :o

So, after a thrilling test match, complete with that collapse I spoke of, here is England's task to win the 1st test!

englandsdauntingtasktow.png

Patience, application, determination and grit will be needed - all things that weren't present in the first innings!!

England are currently 59/0. The Aussies have dropped three catches though, and there have been some other edges that didn't quite carry...

Sounds like a great match well looks also. Downfall seems to be ai catching chances three already thats dissapointing surely they would of caught one of them but im sure this could be sorted before final patch is released. You could of been 59/3 with a really really tough match on your hands but seems like you got a good strong total to chase down which must be fun.

Sounds like a great match well looks also. Downfall seems to be ai catching chances three already thats dissapointing surely they would of caught one of them but im sure this could be sorted before final patch is released. You could of been 59/3 with a really really tough match on your hands but seems like you got a good strong total to chase down which must be fun.

It is fun. The thing about the catches is in the first innings, they hardly dropped one, so maybe this is just the game simulating a team having a bad session/innings? Hopefully.

One thing they've got to sort out (well, there are others), but Hussey coming on before Hauritz? No...

Especially as when you've played him for a few overs, he becomes easy to cut away square.

Interesting to see how this match goes, Swann seemed to get smacked around a bit. I'm looking forward to more reports.

Interesting to see how this match goes, Swann seemed to get smacked around a bit. I'm looking forward to more reports.

Yes, Swann did come in for some punishment (I think the AI's aggressiveness towards spinners especially still needs toning down a little), so I gave KP a go and he got the wicket first ball! Golden arm!

It is fun. The thing about the catches is in the first innings, they hardly dropped one, so maybe this is just the game simulating a team having a bad session/innings? Hopefully.

One thing they've got to sort out (well, there are others), but Hussey coming on before Hauritz? No...

Especially as when you've played him for a few overs, he becomes easy to cut away square.

Yes would be understandable and acceptable if on occasion the ai put down a lot of cathing chances in certain sessions but 75% of the time surely they shoud be catching but they seem to drop more.

So, after a thrilling test match, complete with that collapse I spoke of, here is England's task to win the 1st test!

englandsdauntingtasktow.png

Patience, application, determination and grit will be needed - all things that weren't present in the first innings!!

England are currently 59/0. The Aussies have dropped three catches though, and there have been some other edges that didn't quite carry...

Tea, 3rd day 1st Test:

tea1sttest3rdday.png

Almost got there unscathed, but Johnson just managed to tempt Strauss into a slightly rash shot and got him caught second slip. He also drew some edges from KP which just failed to carry (from defensive shots, just as I was about to post that the defensive shots felt too safe...) Johnson is causing problems. Earlier, Hussey was hit out of the attack (or so it seemed - he had two awful overs and was replaced by Johnson).

Edit: Crap: KP out stumped 3rd ball after tea off Hauritz. Played a cover drive, missed (getting some absolutely beautiful played/missed) and didn't get his bat down in time - there were inches in it!

Damn! Colly out now, bowled by Hauritz! Come on, England, keep it together. I43/3...

He's not Shane Warne, people! England in trouble now:

englandinabitoftrouble.png

Enter Freddy; England need something from him now. Hauritz on fire! Aussies right on top - Bell's confidence is shot and Freddy looks nervous...

Freddy did nothing, England in all kinds of trouble now. Siddle and Hauritz have their boot right down on England's throat and don't look like easing up either. England batsmen all over the place, played/misses, edges - the Aussies are right on top.

fiveforhauritz.png

Five for Hauritz!

More to come later, if England can dig themselves out of this mess...

Dear oh dear, oh dear England. How many times have we seen this happen before? Going great guns just before Tea, and then out comes the collapsing pack of cards.

Aussies 1-0 up, and it's Lords next:

easywinforaussies.png

Last edited:
Tea, 3rd day 1st Test:
Almost got there unscathed, but Johnson just managed to tempt Strauss into a slightly rash shot and got him caught second slip. He also drew some edges from KP which just failed to carry (from defensive shots, just as I was about to post that the defensive shots felt too safe...) Johnson is causing problems. Earlier, Hussey was hit out of the attack (or so it seemed - he had two awful overs and was replaced by Johnson).

Edit: Crap: KP out stumped 3rd ball after tea off Hauritz. Played a cover drive, missed (getting some absolutely beautiful played/missed) and didn't get his bat down in time - there were inches in it!

Aw it was going so well but two quick wickets, like Boycott always says lol. Good to see this has gone late into the third day and that the AI seems to have bowled a wide (what sort?).

Aw it was going so well but two quick wickets, like Boycott always says lol. Good to see this has gone late into the third day and that the AI seems to have bowled a wide (what sort?).

I've had the AI bowl a wide in a Test. It was done by Johnson - the ball pitched well wide on the off-side (in line with the white marking) and it was caught by the Haddin one-handed diving to his right. Umpire clearly said "Wide ball", followed by Agnew's "that's another one to sundries".

WOW! Seems like a great match keep up the screens and info on the matches you play please, really enjoyabe to view. What happened tho after losing strauss you began to collapse against the spinner? You still need a good old 300 or somat like that its gonna be tough!!

AI bowled a few wides (real ones, not head height ones).

Gotta play better against that damn spinner at Lords!

Users who are viewing this thread