How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Trouble is if I don't and bowl this ball they score a one bounce four!

Stop bowling bad ball then!!

I joke, suppose will always be that odd death ball won't there!

Cracking scorecards though and the fact your loosing as Australia is superb!

Yeah it doesn't hurt as much as losing as England...

The death ball is a yellow zone ball; I'll just not bowl it unless I'm desperate ;)

Sounds great how you are having a really challenging match.

Can wait for the 360 patch so jeaous at the moment:laugh

Colin are you using a edited roster or anything like so? Also to get this patch working do you just install it and launch A09 as you would?

@ Stevie and Sexy Colin.

Sounds like you got some good games going there. Glad i read this thread now, think i might start a 50 over odi tournament seeing as the ICC CT is under way.

Lunch - Day Two - 3rd Ashes Test @ Edgbaston

Australia collapse yet again.

Cricket20092009-09-2518-18-22-99.png

Cricket20092009-09-2518-18-28-42.png

Colin, what sort of fields and bowling tactics do you use? I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have to give each Aussie batsman Ponting's ability!

The Clarke run out was the same as I described in the patch thread, although this one was more suicidal. He didn't even get the dive out this time...

Colin, what sort of fields and bowling tactics do you use? I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to have to give each Aussie batsman Ponting's ability!

Stevie you must be a serious bowler buddy! either that or Colin is seriously not good!!
:D

I use a custom field which starts with custom 1 with the 3rd slip taken out and put into the covers and gradually takes out more slips and puts them into deep cover and deep midwicket. At my most defensive I move point back as well. This is my stock ball away swingers with the occasional inswinger field. I strengthen the leg side for short bowling and put a long on in for spinners and occasionally yorkers.
Most my wickets are caught slips, covers, mid off. Would like more caught by the keeper tbh. I also get a few bowleds with the inswingers.

Here's my 2nd test report, up to lunch:

2nd Test 1st Day:

England won the toss and decided to bat on a gloriously sunny, but fairly cool day.

Disastrous start with Strauss falling to Johnson after only six balls.

England now 7/1, taking lots of quick singles. This must be annoying the Aussies...

4th over and Johnson catches the edge of Cook's bat, but it goes wide of 2nd slip and England gratefully grab the single on offer. Australia are right on top! Last ball of the 5th over and Johnson catches the edge again, this time off a KP defensive shot, but it just falls short of first slip.

Here we go again! KP out edging behind off a backward defensive shot, safely pouched by second slip. England in trouble again, 18/2.

8th over and Collingwood edges to 2nd slip who puts the chance down; Hilfenhaus is furious! England really need to see off this rough patch and somehow make it to lunch without losing anymore wickets. In fairness, three down would be an acceptable situation at the moment.

That's not to be: Collingwood has played some nice pull shots in the ninth over, but he goes for one too many and top edges it to Haddin. England in deep trouble and we're only on the first morning!

10th over - Johnson gets it a bit too wide outside offstump and Bell climbs into it with a glorious square drive for four, only England's second boundary of the morning. First ball of the next over and Cook wafts at one wide outside offstump from Hilfenhaus, just missed the edge.

14th over and on comes Hussey (!) First ball is short and wide, but Cook misses out on a pull shot that he should've hit for four and only gets a single. England 43/3.

Last ball of the 14th over and Bell drives at a Hussey delivery, catches the edge, but the chance is shelled by second slip (again), who is having a bit of a nightmare today. At drinks:

2ndtest1stday15oversdrie.png

22st over and Bell pulls Siddle off a short ball that just fails to reach the boundary, but England take an all run four anyway; 70/3 now. Last ball of the over and Siddle tempts Cook into a drive which he edges, but once again, it fails to carry, this time by some distance.

24th over and Bell pulls at a short Hussey delivery, but makes a complete mess of it and he's out, caught at last, by the grateful second slip. England 81/4. Bell is very angry with himself: he'd done the hard bit, played himself in, only to give his wicket away really. England needed more from him and are once again in trouble, after a useful partnership that looked to be getting them back on track.

belloutdisgustedlywaves.png

Bell, you ding-a-ling!

Uh-oh - Cook gone, after a useful 33, but England really needed a lot more than that. They're in all kinds of trouble now on the 1st day of the 2nd Test at 91/5 - someone needs to play out of their skin to get England out of this mess. Two new batsmen at the crease now and the Aussies are really turning the screw.

scoreboardenglandindeep.png

The morning hasn't exactly gone the way England wanted. Most shots came from good bowling rather than bad batting...

27th over and a comedy of errors: Freddy drops the ball and runs for a single that probably wasn't there, the fielder comes in, shies and misses and the ball goes for two more overthrows, with the second being a close run thing as the batsman just gets in. Sort it out, England!

Oh dear - Prior drives straight at the fielder who shies at the stumps and runs him out at the non striker end. England are making a right mess of this - maybe they should've bowled first...

Hundred up for England, after 27 overs, but they're six wickets down. All rests on Freddy and the tail.

10 minutes to go until lunch and as if it wasn't bad enough, on comes the hero of the first test, Nathan Hauritz.

So, England crawl to lunch at six wickets down and in deep, deep trouble:

battingscorecardatlunch.png

bowlingscorecardatlunch.png

matchatlunch.png

Someone really needs to dig in here in the afternoon session and the England bowlers will need to play out of their skins.

Stevie you must be a serious bowler buddy! either that or Colin is seriously not good!!
:D

;)
I haven't really nailed the bowling tactics to use with the patch yet. Also I can take a bagful of wickets with Swann but not Hauritz.
Obviously England are a much better test side than Australia too so it's easier for Stevie...

Here is a screenie of my Champions Trophy clash between South Africa (CPU) and England at Cape Town.

South Africa batted first and put on a respectable total. England started badly, losing Wright to a silly run-out (pressed the wrong button!) but Strauss was a rock and steadied things and carried the team through with a brilliant century. Took him a while to get going but after that he played really well. A late flurry of wickets rattled England but a timely knock by Monsieur Flintoff gave England the victory they needed to progress through the group!

This game is so realistic when played "properly" i.e with cricketing tactics and application; you have to think cricket and it will produce wonderful games like this.:)

View attachment 62245

Hey Dutchad, how are you simulating the Champions Trophy?

Users who are viewing this thread