How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

My slightly less informative first test update. It's scores level, no wickets down after I negotiated the first 30 overs without loss. I found playing defensively until I reached confident, only playing certain shots til I reached bold and then playing with a lot more freedom has resulted in a pretty much chanceless innings so far. Computer's fields haven't been the best; consistently bowled outside off with a strong slip corden but not much cover in the covers.
Panesar bowled too short; Collingwood was annoying and sent Katich from bold to timid in 3 mis-timed pulls and Broad only got one over.
I reckon I need a lead of 300 to have a chance in the final innings.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-43-54-94.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-43-54-94.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-44-34-47.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-44-34-47.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-44-46-39.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-26 00-44-46-39.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7
My slightly less informative first test update. It's scores level, no wickets down after I negotiated the first 30 overs without loss. I found playing defensively until I reached confident, only playing certain shots til I reached bold and then playing with a lot more freedom has resulted in a pretty much chanceless innings so far. Computer's fields haven't been the best; consistently bowled outside off with a strong slip corden but not much cover in the covers.
Panesar bowled too short; Collingwood was annoying and sent Katich from bold to timid in 3 mis-timed pulls and Broad only got one over.

Nice! I love tests on hard because you just have to spend over after over after over watching that ball, watching that ball, building an inings. Great stuff!

The best way of knowing how people are feeling about this game is the fact that we are once again posting scores and talkng about the matches we are having rather than the "faults" of the game! That has to be the best confirmation of being on the right track that Transmission could hope for! Take note boys!:)

So just wondering not to rush anyone or anything like that just curious when all has been taken into account from the beta and the final patch is created anyone know of when this might be?

As i know its october sometime for 360 which im an owner of just wondering when pc reaally?

This is easily the best I've batted on hard; I've been very disciplined about not playing shots anyway near fielders etc.
My one gripe is that because the batter gains confidence for a good block but not a good leave it makes me play more balls than I'd like to.

How do you post the shots like thumbnails like you've done there, Colin?

Nice! I love tests on hard because you just have to spend over after over after over watching that ball, watching that ball, building an inings. Great stuff!

The best way of knowing how people are feeling about this game is the fact that we are once again posting scores and talkng about the matches we are having rather than the "faults" of the game! That has to be the best confirmation of being on the right track that Transmission could hope for! Take note boys!:)

Good point and well it can only get better as the final patch is released i guess. Also thanks to colin and masterblaster for there great screens of there tests which i am really enjoying. :)

This is easily the best I've batted on hard; I've been very disciplined about not playing shots anyway near fielders etc.
My one gripe is that because the batter gains confidence for a good block but not a good leave it makes me play more balls than I'd like to.

Yep. I have had a couple of lovely defensive shot slip catches to balls I really didn't need to play at but did because of wanting to build confidence. An accurate well left leave should be rewarded but if I remember correctly I at least don't think you now get punished for a leave which is good or am I not seeing that right!?

Yep. I have had a couple of lovely defensive shot slip catches to balls I really didn't need to play at but did because of wanting to build confidence. An accurate well left leave should be rewarded but if I remember correctly I at least don't think you now get punished for a leave which is good or am I not seeing that right!?

You get punished for a maiden over but not a leave.

Post reply; manage attachments.

OK, cheers, might have a problem doing it that way, since I couldn't post that sound attachment a while back: it might be doing that with all attachments. Still, I'll give that a go. :)

OK, cheers, might have a problem doing it that way, since I couldn't post that sound attachment a while back: it might be doing that with all attachments. Still, I'll give that a go. :)

Only certain extensions work.

Ah. Hadn't seen that yet! Good to know! Thanks!:)

I have a slight advantage here in that during the beta testing I've seen the events that gain/lose batter and bowler confidence and their values. In fact as a result of that batters now lose less confidence for play and misses on the basis that there are more with the patch.

Only certain extensions work.

I have a slight advantage here in that during the beta testing I've seen the events that gain/lose batter and bowler confidence and their values. In fact as a result of that batters now lose less confidence for play and misses on the basis that there are more with the patch.

Without wishing to be seen as a complete heel-licker I think it is fantatstic that Transmission got you guys involved and hopefully that relationship will continue well into the future. The input of people on these forums has been crucial to the development of this patch that has let the raw potential of this game start to shine through. For that my well meant thanks!:) (I care not if "some" see this as being part of a click/clique fanclub for wannabe gay-boys, because I mean it!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Without wishing to be seen as a complete heel-licker I think it is fantatstic that Transmission got you guys involved and hopefully that relationship will continue well into the future. The input of people on these forums has been crucial to the dvelopment of this patch that has let the raw potential of this game start to shine through. for that my well meant thanks!:) (I care not if "some" see this as being part of a click/clique fanclub for wannabe gay-boys, because I mean it!)

It would be great if 'some' other developers listened to us as much as TG are...

Users who are viewing this thread