How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

We've really appreciated being listened to cos most of us have had the frustration of saying what was wrong with previous games and nothing being done about it. Some bugs made it unfixed from c2k2 to c2k4 to c2k5 through to C07.
I know that we're the hardcore and therefore more demanding in terms of what we want from the game but I think that Codies and Transmission have realised that listening to us helps make the game better for both the hardcore and the casual fan.
The idea of just trotting out the same material time after time regardless of outcomes ought to be ridiculous yet actually talking to the consumer and seeing what is important seems to somehow be a new idea in cricket gaming.
That said I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Homer's brother lets him design a car and he gets so carried away with the minutiae and the features that he loses sight of the overall product. TG can't do everything everyone suggests because the game would be a joke.
Anyway long way of saying yeah, someone finally listened to us and it turned out to be mutually beneficial.

barmyarmy added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

It would be great if 'some' other developers listened to us as much as TG are...

Seeing as we can't even get EA to admit that C09 was finished and then cancelled I don't see it happening.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" - Seinfeld

What I hate about some peoples sense of judgement is that if you behave in a certain way you are automatically labelled gay. Anybody who really knows me will know that I am as hetrosexual as they come. I don't take offence at being labelled gay by someone who doesn't even know me but I do take offence at "gay-ness" being used as an insult, as a way of being demeaning to someone.

Whatever someone's opinion is on the subject it shouldn't be used as an insult. Call me a tosser or a diquehead, call me a taxi if you like because I am not interested anyway but don't call me gay. Not because I am offended by being called gay but am offended at being gay as being a less of a human being than you.

I know this is miles off-topic but it comes up regurlarly in these forums as a way of insulting someone who doesn't fit in someones narrow perspective. I think that is wrong and goes against the spirit of these forums and the clear forum rules and should be treated in the same way as racism etcetera.

Yup, we've had crackdowns on it in the past. I think the problem is that peoples' usage isn't explicitly intended to be homophobic; just to signify that something is rubbish. Not an excuse though and people shouldn't be using it in a derogatory context.
Report it if you see it and we'll deal with it.

And now back onto the thread topic ;) Why is it 3 England fans are playing the Ashes? Where are all the Aussies?

What I hate about some peoples sense of judgement is that if you behave in a certain way you are automatically labelled gay. Anybody who really knows me will know that I am as hetrosexual as they come. I don't take offence at being labelled gay by someone who doesn't even know me but I do take offence at "gay-ness" being used as an insult, as a way of being demeaning to someone.

Whatever someone's opinion is on the subject it shouldn't be used as an insult. Call me a tosser or a diquehead, call me a taxi if you like because I am not interested anyway but don't call me gay. Not because I am offended by being called gay but am offended at being gay as being a less of a human being than you.

I know this is miles off-topic but it comes up regurlarly in these forums as a way of insulting someone who doesn't fit in someones narrow perspective. I think that is wrong and goes against the spirit of these forums and the clear forum rules and should be treated in the same way as racism etcetera.

I think you may of overeacted abit but i completely understand your point so....:)

Anyway bak to topic anyone know when final patch is released for pc users??

2nd Test, 2nd day:

55th over. Prior shells another one off Swann! The spinner is absolutely livid and the word 'nightmare' just doesn't cover the sort of match Prior's having. Would've been the perfect start to the 2nd day for England, just what they really needed.

Wow...if looks could kill! Prior should avoid Strauss for a while...

And the very next ball, North's gone, runout by Bell. There was never a second run, really. Oh dear, you really have to feel for Swann: after having one dropped, he took the edge again, only for it to neatly dissect keeper and 1st slip. Now wouldn't be the time to copy Swann's lottery numbers...

56th over and Ponting lofts Broad over the covers for a one bounce four. He's really beginning to purr now.

At drinks:

drinks1day2.png

61st over and Swann frustrated again - huge LBW appeal, but given not out. Haddin was playing a shot there, looks like the umpire got that one wrong; not what England need right now at all.

lbwappeal.png

Lucky boy...

lbwappealhawkeyehitting.png

Very lucky boy!

Same over and guess what. Haddin dropped off Swann (again) by Prior (again).

Next over, Haddin smacks Broad over the covers for four runs.

64th over and Broad's unlucky. Haddin goes for a big hit back over Broad's head and mistimes it, but it drops just short of the fielder. Haddin's leading a charmed life right now.

Broad bowls a vicious short one that just misses Ponting's edge, but it's given as an overhead wide. Debatable...

Last ball of the 65th and Swann drops a bit too short, Ponting's on to it immediately and crashes it away via a sumptous pull shot over the infield for four. He's getting ready for another century and by that shot, he's leapt right over the Aussies' bogey number: 87. That might have been England's best chance of getting him any time soon, he's looking in great form. He's not hanging around, another cracking lofted cover drive off Broad takes him to 92. Last ball of Broad's over and Ponting just manages to dig out a well bowled yorker.

After an uneventful Swann over apart from a nice sweep by Haddin for two, Harmison's bought on to replace Broad. Flintoff and Anderson are probably being kept fresh for the new ball, due in around eight overs.
Streaky looking shot from Haddin that brings him four runs - lucky boy.

Ponting almost gives it away on 96, but his lofted straight drive falls just short of the fielder. Next ball and that's the century for Ponting as he dumps Swann over mid wicket for four more. Well played, Punter!

Seems if it's ever so slightly short, it has to go for Ponting, as he swats Swann away again in the same direction, but this time it's saved on the boundary.

Haddin joins in the fun as he clubs Harmison away over the covers for four more, taking him to 47 not out.

Swann's given a well deserved break and on comes Collingwood.

And there's Haddin's 50, good knock.

At drinks:

drinks2day2.png

Prior dropping both Haddin and Ponting has proved very costly - Haddin is beginning to look extremely dangerous and England could really do with nipping one of these two out before lunch; the partnership is now over 100.

Here comes KP for an over or two before lunch. Why not? Strauss has tried everything else!!

KP's first ball is dumped over square leg for a one bounce four by Ponting... and gone again! Same shot, same result. Maybe it wasn't such a good move(!) Haddin joins in the fun by crashing KP away over point for four runs. England need lunch to come, so they can...regroup; they're in full retreat right now and are looking at a massive 1st innings deficit to overcome.

And that's lunch; not the kind of morning England needed, but the Aussies will be delighted.

aussiebatting2nddaylunc.png

englandbowlinglunch2ndd.png

Catches win matches, put 'em down at your peril. If England had held their catches, they could've had the Aussies all out for less than 300. As it is...

After lunch and Swann's getting desperate - he's not going to get that decision: a stumping appeal that's definitely not out, the umpire doesn't even bother with the TV replay.

New ball time, can Anderson and Flintoff get the breakthrough? Here comes Jimmy...

New ball has its first visit to the boundary as Ponting bludgeons Anderson's second ball over long on for four.

A long, tough and testing afternoon ahead for England and when their turn comes to bat, they're probably going to have to bat the best part of two days to have any chance of even saving this one. 2-0 most certainly looks on the cards.

Wow great commentry edge of my seat stuff lol.

Yep those catch chances deffinately proveing costly indeed and as you said aussies heading for 2-0 lead in series but not over yet never say never.

They may end up on a pretty high unbeatable score here.

MasterBlaster, all of the posts about your Test matches have been really enjoyable to read and are very detailed, keep up the fantastic work

Reading all these realistic-like games I wish I was able to get this "patch", lucky people :crying :laugh

Just wondering what kind of field settings you have for spin and seamer or is it custom i would guess so. You dont pack the offside do you cause i reckon that just ruins the game in some ways reaistic fields are the way??

Yes and i just cannot wait for the xbox 360 patch just so excited now. I do enjoy reading these great realistic test match feedbacks, but its also very painfull as im am unable to play the game with the patch. :)

I think you may of overeacted abit but i completely understand your point so....:)

Anyway bak to topic anyone know when final patch is released for pc users??

Yeah, I do sometimes. Anyway it's not a huge issue for me and I am moving on and enjoying the game and the forums.

Yeah, I do sometimes. Anyway it's not a huge issue for me and I am moving on and enjoying the game and the forums.

Sorry for saying anything in the first place just wanted to get straight back onto topic, but i do believe he had no right saying what he said to you in the first place. :)

Sorry for saying anything in the first place just wanted to get straight back onto topic, but i do believe he had no right saying what he said to you in the first place. :)

Cheers mate. And how are you doing in Ashes 09?:)

Cheers mate. And how are you doing in Ashes 09?:)

Well i have kinda put the game on hold for the time being as i am an owner of the xbox 360 and i decided im just gonna wait it out untill the patch is released, but its all good as im really enjoying reading everyones test match feedback with the beta patch and well it sounds greaat!! :D

You enjoying the beta patch?

Well i have kinda put the game on hold for the time being as i am an owner of the xbox 360 and i decided im just gonna wait it out untill the patch is released, but its all good as im really enjoying reading everyones test match feedback with the beta patch and well it sounds greaat!! :D

You enjoying the beta patch?

Yeah very much. the difference between version 1 and this patch is unbelievable. It was clear that the game had potential but now it is really shining through and the great thing this is just the first open beta so hopefully the next patch will be even better.

I am having such realistic games and it is thoroughly immersive. It is great to read other peoples reports and I will see if I can post a detailed report about my champions Trophy match between England and the Kiwis. I am playing my own version of the tournament and saving the results in an exel spreadsheet scenario which makes things a little more enjoyable.

A bit nerdy but good fun!:)

Yeah very much. the difference between version 1 and this patch is unbelievable. It was clear that the game had potential but now it is really shining through and the great thing this is just the first open beta so hopefully the next patch will be even better.

I am having such realistic games and it is thoroughly immersive. It is great to read other peoples reports and I will see if I can post a detailed report about my champions Trophy match between England and the Kiwis. I am playing my own version of the tournament and saving the results in an exel spreadsheet scenario which makes things a little more enjoyable.

A bit nerdy but good fun!:)

I cant really speak about the improvements as much as most people as ive not had the chance to play it yet of course, but im pretty sure its a success as there has been no major bad feedback and what theyve sorted was everything basically what needed to be sorted and what i wanted sorted.

And that champions trophy thing sounds very enjoyable and yes keep us updated on that. As long as its fun who cares if it seems nerdy lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread