How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Bit of a disaster in day 1 session 2. I was 112/2 or something but once again got undone by spin bowling to end up 171ao.
Three batsmen out playing defensive strokes which was really annoying. Hughes out inside edging a backfoot defensive to a wide one. This does come back to a slight problem with the game. You gain confidence for defensive shots but not leaves so therefore you play at the wide ones.
Anyway Kevin Pietersen destroyed me with the ball (!) and I couldn't add to my 1 boundary all innings. I'd have liked 200 but I reckon I've still got a chance with this incredibly large outfield.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-06 17-30-41-63.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-06 17-30-41-63.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 33
Having dismissed Australia for 350 odd in the first Ashes test I faced a difficult few overs at the end of day 1. 3rd over and on comes Hauritz. Oh dear. 77 overs later, I've got a healthy lead and am facing the frightening prospect of the new ball.....

In the hands of Katich and Hauritz.

Deary me, if I have to bat again are they even going to use their pace bowlers????
To answer my own question, yes they did. I used my spinners more for their second innings, but they held off using Hauritz until the 7th over and only bowled him for 4 overs in my second innings.

For those who might be interested here's the scorecard. Slightly worried that I won it inside 3 days (just). Even KP got a wicket!! Used him to change ends and he broke a decent partnership.

1sttest.jpg

Last edited:
Well I can't time them very well when batting, and I find it very easy to clean up the tail with them.

Also by the time North bowled, I was pretty bored and using the lofted shot button with tail enders ;)

Let's get this thread off 666 replies before something bad happens...

Really can't be doing with the detailed updates anymore (glad you guys enjoyed them so much anyway), as I started my Ashes again because it was dead in the water, but I actually have the Aussies in some trouble. I was beginning to think that they'd always be able to rack up 400+ whenever they batted, but that's not the case as I currently have them 135/5 and only two of the wickets were down to AI suicide-o-slogs (in other words when the field was back).

I really hope they can do something about the AI's random slogging, even if not in Fearless mode, because it really breaks the immersive nature of the game's test cricket when you have someone tied down at one end and then out of nowhere, he hits a decent ball for six. Play shots, sure, smack it for four, but not six!!

(Edit: Well, it said 666 replies when I saw it in the forum menu...)

I just got my new Xbox360 today, so hopefully my copy of AC09 comes in the post within a few weeks (Cheers codies). I can't wait to have a crack at this game having given up on Cricket 07 nearly 2 years ago. :(

Haven't played a cricket game in a while (apart from ICC series).

I just got my new Xbox360 today, so hopefully my copy of AC09 comes in the post within a few weeks (Cheers codies). I can't wait to have a crack at this game having given up on Cricket 07 nearly 2 years ago. :(

Haven't played a cricket game in a while (apart from ICC series).

whats your 360 tag. will have a few online games :)

I just signed up again, I'll have to get back to you on that one. I can't remember what I put it to. :p

Aussies recovered to get just under three hundred. :laugh

England: 50/0 at the end of the 1st day, easily the best I've batted since Beta 2. :)

I am playing a Ashes Series with the Beta 2 patch: First Test: Aussies first innings 187 all out! (Broad and Sidebottom, of all people, doing the damage). England replied with 264 all out with Strauss making 139 to hold up the innings. Aussies at the start of day three are currently 206 for 6 with a lead of about a hundren and something in desperate trouble but maybe Haddin and Johnson can make batting difficult for the English. We shall see. I am enjoying it although I hope AI Aussie manages to put on a challenging total so that we can at least go to day four! (I am receiving many virtual letters from the virtual crowd about the Test being so short!):)

Just got a perfect gaming computer. AC09 runs quite decently at 20-30 fps unless I'm in fielding mode or the camera zooms out for a boundary. :D

At the moment I've finished all of the Legend Coaching lessons and now there's only the Batting Challenge #6 left. Hope to finish it soon. :p

You were just trying to replicate Kent batsman...
Coming from a Sussex supporter, glass houses etc etc.

Remember also in the 2008 season, Kent won twice as many games in Div1 than Sussex managed ;)

Besides it's not a Kent like performance at all. All the runs came from the top order, at Kent it's normally someone like Simon Cook getting us out of trouble. IIRC 60's from Bopara and Cook to go with the centuries from KP and Ste-rauss. Less the massive amount of no-balls, and I think Prior got a decent(ish) score. I don't think I made it in to double figures (runs scored or balls faced!) with anyone lower down.

No Onions in the squad, so Harmi is replacing him for Lord's. Only the one spinner, maybe I'll get a better game.

Edit:

Lunch Day 1 at Lord's. No Hauritz until the 29th over. 100 up for Ste-rauss final ball of the session. Hit 4 fours in the final over, he'd only hit 2 prior to that.

lunch.jpg

Last edited:
I am playing a Ashes Series with the Beta 2 patch: First Test: Aussies first innings 187 all out! (Broad and Sidebottom, of all people, doing the damage). England replied with 264 all out with Strauss making 139 to hold up the innings. Aussies at the start of day three are currently 206 for 6 with a lead of about a hundren and something in desperate trouble but maybe Haddin and Johnson can make batting difficult for the English. We shall see. I am enjoying it although I hope AI Aussie manages to put on a challenging total so that we can at least go to day four! (I am receiving many virtual letters from the virtual crowd about the Test being so short!):)

Okay so I fluffed it big time!:D

England were left 163 to get and 2 and a half days to get them in. I decided I wnated to get them quickly because I wanted to get on with things: well several mistimed shots later England are left on 161 for 9 with Sidebottom coming in at numero 11: gets run-out!!!!!:facepalm

Aussies win first test just before the close on the thrid day and the virtual press are screaming virtual blue murder!:D

Finally got on top of the AI bowling. Playing a 50 over ODI tournament on hard. Lost Paine due to the AI bowling yorker after yorker but I found a way to counter it with Watson the benefactor, ended up being his downfall though. White and Hussey are now building a good partnership, the AI use of bowlers is boring, its always the same for each team but different bowlers.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-08 17-29-49-21.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-08 17-29-49-21.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread