How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Only just got AC09 just recently and I've done most of the tutorials and I think I've just about mastered most of the aspects of the game. :p

I'll try post some screenshots when I play my next match.

If on PC, don't forget to patch it up first. :)

Playing the 1st Ashes Test as Australia, on Normal, I collapsed but Haddin's bringing me back into it, he smashed a Collingwood over for nearly 20.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-02 19-41-25-46.JPG
    Cricket2009 2009-10-02 19-41-25-46.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 34
Australia v India 50 Over Match, Sydene

Not really a full on review, some improvement tips etc. Okay as you can see the match was Aus v India, I was Australia I lost the toss and was put into bat first, overcast conditions (looks so good) Anyway I was in all sorts of trouble early on at one point I was 40/4. So with Ponting and Callum Ferguson I got a great partnership, only thing that spoilt it was Ponting is a beast in the game (even with syl's roster) and he made 70 odd off 60 balls, with Callum it was a big big big challenge although on the scorecard it looks like he would have slogged it all around he didn't I had to really try hard to build his innings and once he was set I attacked.

Anyway I re-built the innings with them two then Ponting got out, oh and also want to mention the two run outs were dumb, I thought a run was on and frankly speaking the batsmen took way too long to get back to the crease, but whatever. Callum and Hopes then made another good partnership and as you can see I made a good score to my suprise really I was finding batting pretty easy which is one of my concerns. However much of it was down to Pontings fast scoring rate due to his stats.

Now here's where I got pretty annoyed, innings started off well Brett got a LBW and there was a run out (tight 2nd run). Yuvraj and Dhoni at the crease and they were building a partnership well, was impressed by the pacing and how it was going, now the thing that annoyed me was the catching, to keep it nice and short I dropped at least 4-5 catches, one was a slip chance but that was in the early stages of the match and the others were outfield chances off slogs...Dhoni and then eventually Yuvraj were smacking everything. Now I don't know/think thats a problem as it was a 300+ score but the game would have been even more of a nail biter had India been 4-5 wickets down...and they should be as it was dolly chances in the outfield but the catching system just doesn't allow you enough time tbh...bare in mind they were outfield catches...

All in all I'm impressed once again, it's the second ODI I've played in the beta and really really enjoyed it, felt tense had I got a few more wickets then it would have been too much to bare. I would also like it if I got more edges, more lbw chances and some bowleds. I know their possible but so far for me it's a rare occurance.

EDIT: Don't know what significance this has but I think if this game could be patched (kits, stumps, pitchmats etc) it would make a very very good cricket gaming expiriance, the gameplay is definately the best and most enjoyable in any cricket game put together.

Last edited:
Great knock from Ferguson. Would love to see some of your matches put up on youtube. Would be great to watch.

Was the game still fun even though you were getting smashed?

Damn I wish I had a PS3 or even a computer that could run the game. :(

Last edited:
Australia v India 50 Over Match, Sydene

Not really a full on review, some improvement tips etc. Okay as you can see the match was Aus v India, I was Australia I lost the toss and was put into bat first, overcast conditions (looks so good) Anyway I was in all sorts of trouble early on at one point I was 40/4. So with Ponting and Callum Ferguson I got a great partnership, only thing that spoilt it was Ponting is a beast in the game (even with syl's roster) and he made 70 odd off 60 balls, with Callum it was a big big big challenge although on the scorecard it looks like he would have slogged it all around he didn't I had to really try hard to build his innings and once he was set I attacked.

Anyway I re-built the innings with them two then Ponting got out, oh and also want to mention the two run outs were dumb, I thought a run was on and frankly speaking the batsmen took way too long to get back to the crease, but whatever. Callum and Hopes then made another good partnership and as you can see I made a good score to my suprise really I was finding batting pretty easy which is one of my concerns. However much of it was down to Pontings fast scoring rate due to his stats.

Now here's where I got pretty annoyed, innings started off well Brett got a LBW and there was a run out (tight 2nd run). Yuvraj and Dhoni at the crease and they were building a partnership well, was impressed by the pacing and how it was going, now the thing that annoyed me was the catching, to keep it nice and short I dropped at least 4-5 catches, one was a slip chance but that was in the early stages of the match and the others were outfield chances off slogs...Dhoni and then eventually Yuvraj were smacking everything. Now I don't know/think thats a problem as it was a 300+ score but the game would have been even more of a nail biter had India been 4-5 wickets down...and they should be as it was dolly chances in the outfield but the catching system just doesn't allow you enough time tbh...bare in mind they were outfield catches...

All in all I'm impressed once again, it's the second ODI I've played in the beta and really really enjoyed it, felt tense had I got a few more wickets then it would have been too much to bare. I would also like it if I got more edges, more lbw chances and some bowleds. I know their possible but so far for me it's a rare occurance.

EDIT: Don't know what significance this has but I think if this game could be patched (kits, stumps, pitchmats etc) it would make a very very good cricket gaming expiriance, the gameplay is definately the best and most enjoyable in any cricket game put together.

I'm pretty sure that eventually we'll be able to have modded pitchads/stumps/sounds and so on. :)

Great knock from Ferguson. Would love to see some of your matches put up on youtube. Would be great to watch.

Was the game still fun even though you were getting smashed?

Damn I wish I had a PS3 or even a computer that could run the game. :(

If I can find another decent way of recording (without fraps) I shall upload/edit them so their not boring.

To answer you're question; YES! It never lost it's "fun" I guess you could say, after the two earlyish wickets I felt on top but then it was game on by 20 overs when India were going at a run rate close to mine. It only really became a little less fun when I knew what the outcome would be due to the way the Indians were batting (way too many sixes tbh) and anyway I only knew in like the last 2-3 overs of the match so yeah, definately fun.

I'm playing as Australia vs New Zealand right now bowling to them got two wickets one was off a leading edge dunno what the other was, dropped one catch already too :/ will update!

I'm pretty sure that eventually we'll be able to have modded pitchads/stumps/sounds and so on. :)

Hopefully it would really complete the game for me tbh.

Australia (me) vs New Zealand, Auckland, 50 Over Match!

This has been an interesting game, I still feel it's too hard to get bowleds/LBW and even edges only had about 2-3, and like 2 that carried but only one was caught the other went through a vaccant slip area.

I was bowling first and the Kiwis basically went on the attack pretty hard, the AI still slogs way too much for my liking to tone this down I had to set three fielders on the off side out on the boundary...even still they managed to score way too fast, although this did stop some of the slogging and most of the time they slogged it annoying landed short of my fielders...like literally a foot away from them.

Anyway as the later overs came the Kiwis were going strong again so I had to put 4 men on the boundary rope and this gave me chances to get catches...I dropped at least 8-12 catches this match due to the system. I didn't like using this cheapo tactic but it was the only way I could get a wicket and the AI posted a very very challenging score, which is really good to see :)

Just finished the batting innings before Lunch on Day 3.
Haddin and Johnson continued on really well, both men notching up 50's, Haddin was dropped on 65 with a fairly easy skied catch by Pietersen, after that though Johnson started to attack, and after reaching his 50, he was caught after mistiming a big shot, and Collingwood took it at Mid-Off.
Haddin was still going strong, and Hauritz was defending to keep the Aussies in. Haddin was attacking, and moved into the 90's, and was looking strong, moving onto 95 after a beautiful cover drive, before going too fancy, trying to nudge it between 2 slip and gully, and a beautiful diving catch was taken by Broad. Siddle and Hauritz took it into their on hands and started attacking before Hauritz Skied a ball to Gully and Pietersen took it. Siddle then kept going before skying to Bopara for an easy catch, leaving the Aussies 275 all out, and 59 runs infront, and a good amount to hold onto. A good fightback by us, and hopefully we can bowl England out cheaply.

Attachments

• AusCard.JPG
    AusCard.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 17
Based on your runrate I'd say you were being too aggressive and would score a lot more if you chose the balls to hit more and blocked a few. I just focus on getting my batters up to bold or fearless.

im going ok on mine at the moment but on eproblem is that i want to play players like onions, denly, bresnan and trott who are not on the game. So if anyone has stats for thewse 4 players will be much appreciated

Based on your runrate I'd say you were being too aggressive and would score a lot more if you chose the balls to hit more and blocked a few. I just focus on getting my batters up to bold or fearless.
Oh, that's for sure, Johnson had a strike rate of around 60 at on stage, and Haddin about 70, before Collingwood and Panesar were bowling and I could pick the gaps easier. My running needs work on badly, i'm a poor judge of runs. Got England 5/61 at the moment, effectively 5/2, Siddle's getting huge seam movement, and Hauritz is getting huge spin and has 3 wickets

I am now awesome at bowling, hail me. :p
It will look like an easy win, but in reality it won't be..... other than the last 2 innings of the match.
Hauritz with a MotM performance perhaps, contest between him and Haddin.

Attachments

• EngCard.JPG
    EngCard.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 19
  • EngBowlCard.JPG
    EngBowlCard.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 16
  • AshesSum.JPG
    AshesSum.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 24
You're playing on hard right? Surprised you're finding it so easy to take wickets.
No, this one's on normal i think.
The first inningsit wasn't that easy for the first 5 batsmen to take wickets, but then they crumbled.
2nd innings, well the screenshots speak for that.

Users who are viewing this thread