How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I'm really enjoying it, itching to play online with the new beta, haven't even tried it offline yet.

Have the AI bowling issues been sorted in the betas? namely, when playing an ODI/T-20, the AI always uses a fixed set of bowlers, and a particular order, even if one of the AI bowlers has been smashed earlier in the game. Also, the AI bowlers don't alter the direction/position of the ball much in the unpatched version.

Anyone? I haven't seen these two issues specifically discussed

England vs South Africa, 50 Over Day/Night Match, Brisbane (AMAZING MATCH)

South Africa Innings

So then I'll try to make this quick but also sort of detailed. I won the toss elected to field to see how the cpu clocks up in 50 over matches. They started pretty slowly I thought i would be bored to death but then things really started to pick up. Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact events that took place in the saffers innings but I'll give a brief knock down.

They were going at a pretty steady pace if I'm honest, scoring around 3-5 an over at one point they were 78 or so for none. I was beginning to think this is not a bowlers game, however I started to get some breakthroughs and fast. I got two quick wickets in two overs and then another partnership formed but the same thing happend, two wickets in two overs and the game was evenly poised. The wickets were mainly catches in the 30 yard circle or miss timed slogs, I got one lbw off Swann but if I'm honest all the wickets felt really good for once. They lose a few more due to slogging and I got one bowled off a tail ender. Boucher played well and I wrapped them up for 248.

England Innings

Right this is where it got really really interesting. I didn't think of 249 as a big total but didn't want to mess it up. So I played steady got to round about 51 without loss, then the wicket off Strauss fell, edged to slip if I recall correctly. Denly set the tone for the innings and played some great attacking shots, I could time the ball with him perfectly, had he got out to a loose edge or something it would have been a completely different ball game, made a good knock of 80. Below is a 10 over black graph but it's 3 overs or something before the end of the match (I didn't save)

As you can see it was pretty even, the ones where theres a fair gap is Denly destroying. Anyway I lost a few Shah shortly after the 20th over, Pietersen came in all guns blazing but only manged a quickfire 18 of 12 balls. So I calmed the pace a bit and Denly and Collingwood got down to work, then I think I lost Denly and then Collingwood soon after (something like that) Fred didn't fire and it was a job left to the tail.

This was the nail biting bit, first Prior and Broad slugged it out but Prior was dismissed from an inside edge caught by the keeper. Then Swann joined Broad and I build an amazing partnership, only for Swann to go in the last few overs and then Anderson going right after that as the AI bowled yorkers. I had a load of luck too, inside edges for four etc, very realistic. Anyway Bresnan edged one for 2 runs and then only the 1 run was needed which I could successfully get, but it was the best match I've ever had on a cricket game, there is room for improvement but yeah great!

Really great match Punk, what difficulty was this on?

yep, great game indeed.

Though, looks like you've inadvertently answered my question about the AI bowling changes -- I noticed that Botha went for 68 in his 10 overs (way above the req RR) but the AI still bowled him out. Looks like this issue has been completely overlooked by TG in the patches. Sucks. I once stacked the AI team with 6 full-time bowlers in a T-20, and then smashed the AI opening bowler for 30 runs in his first two overs only to see him being brought back for his remaining 2. Very realistic

Just bought for 360....

Well I was kind of waiting for the patch, but I bought this yesterday and I've got to say, pleasantly surprised! After reading a lot on here I was expecting a bit of a mess, but so far I've only played one T20 and it was by FAR the best cricket match that I've ever played (looking your way, cricket 07...)

Although chasing 140 I did manage to go from 83/1 to 136 all out...

Just played a really close T20 as England against Australia. The AI are very hard to take wickets against in T20s and even though I dropped 2 catches, none of my seamers took a wicket.
They won with 2 balls to spare.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-01 12-57-22-99.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-01 12-57-22-99.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 28
England vs South Africa, 50 Over Day/Night Match, Brisbane (AMAZING MATCH)

South Africa Innings

So then I'll try to make this quick but also sort of detailed. I won the toss elected to field to see how the cpu clocks up in 50 over matches. They started pretty slowly I thought i would be bored to death but then things really started to pick up. Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact events that took place in the saffers innings but I'll give a brief knock down.

They were going at a pretty steady pace if I'm honest, scoring around 3-5 an over at one point they were 78 or so for none. I was beginning to think this is not a bowlers game, however I started to get some breakthroughs and fast. I got two quick wickets in two overs and then another partnership formed but the same thing happend, two wickets in two overs and the game was evenly poised. The wickets were mainly catches in the 30 yard circle or miss timed slogs, I got one lbw off Swann but if I'm honest all the wickets felt really good for once. They lose a few more due to slogging and I got one bowled off a tail ender. Boucher played well and I wrapped them up for 248.

England Innings

Right this is where it got really really interesting. I didn't think of 249 as a big total but didn't want to mess it up. So I played steady got to round about 51 without loss, then the wicket off Strauss fell, edged to slip if I recall correctly. Denly set the tone for the innings and played some great attacking shots, I could time the ball with him perfectly, had he got out to a loose edge or something it would have been a completely different ball game, made a good knock of 80. Below is a 10 over black graph but it's 3 overs or something before the end of the match (I didn't save)

As you can see it was pretty even, the ones where theres a fair gap is Denly destroying. Anyway I lost a few Shah shortly after the 20th over, Pietersen came in all guns blazing but only manged a quickfire 18 of 12 balls. So I calmed the pace a bit and Denly and Collingwood got down to work, then I think I lost Denly and then Collingwood soon after (something like that) Fred didn't fire and it was a job left to the tail.

This was the nail biting bit, first Prior and Broad slugged it out but Prior was dismissed from an inside edge caught by the keeper. Then Swann joined Broad and I build an amazing partnership, only for Swann to go in the last few overs and then Anderson going right after that as the AI bowled yorkers. I had a load of luck too, inside edges for four etc, very realistic. Anyway Bresnan edged one for 2 runs and then only the 1 run was needed which I could successfully get, but it was the best match I've ever had on a cricket game, there is room for improvement but yeah great!

Just played a really close T20 as England against Australia. The AI are very hard to take wickets against in T20s and even though I dropped 2 catches, none of my seamers took a wicket.
They won with 2 balls to spare.

Sounds like great games for both of you, well done. ;)

EDIT, also Punk very realistic, no English batsmen getting a century.

add my GT javs52 we could play onlne.....(i couldnt find any1 last night for long time )

Sweet.

I'm getting on 360 soon. cough cough come on planetcricket cough cough

I'll be keen for online play.

Only just got AC09 just recently and I've done most of the tutorials and I think I've just about mastered most of the aspects of the game. :p

I'll try post some screenshots when I play my next match.

Users who are viewing this thread