How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Yep, that's the downside of using the console version.

Very true but i do have high hopes about the final release of this patch as the beta had great feedback and now little issues from the beta are being sorted for the patch, one being the power in lofted shot swhich should make batting much harder and well there are a few people finding the beta hard sooo it can only get better right?

So I finally managed to finish this game between the Kiwis and The English. As you might remember ( I am sure you do as I asked you keep notes) the Kiwis posted a great total of 273 after 50 overs. England were going great but a collapse saw them coming under more and more pressure. They didn't need to win this one to progress as they had won there first two games but the Kiwi's had to win. (Uncanny but true: my homemade tournament followed the real tournament except that South Africa beat Sri Lanka!)

The screen shots tell the story of the last few overs.

And did Anderson get the last 3 runs needed off the last ball?:)

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-41-18-19.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-42-04-75.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-43-22-05.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-44-11-81.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-44-31-54.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-44-51-01.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-45-04-51.jpg

Cricket2009 2009-09-28 18-45-05-13.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! what a great ending even know you mentioned that improvising was needed(1 lofted shot per over) but this will be sorted hopefuly come final patch release :)

And well did jimmy get those runs or what ?? :D

Wow! what a great ending even know you mentioned that improvising was needed(1 lofted shot per over) but this will be sorted hopefuly come final patch release :)

And well did jimmy get those runs or what ?? :D

Ah, darn! I posted the wrong screenshot for the last one. Did the second to last twice. Sorry about that.

No he didn't! Played and missed to a Bond inswinger: result: Kiwi's progress with England at the expense of South Africa and Sri Lanka!:)

Ah, darn! I posted the wrong screenshot for the last one. Did the second to last twice. Sorry about that.

No he didn't! Played and missed to a Bond inswinger: result: Kiwi's progress with England at the expense of South Africa and Sri Lanka!:)

Ahh well you still got through. :)

Getting nailbiting...
Prior edged his first ball to Haddin giving Hauritz all of the first 5 wickets to fall. Collingwood and Flintoff then counter-attacked before Colly got this reversing beauty from Siddle which he edged to Hughes at slip (really pleased with that wicket!)

England require 102 runs; Australia need 4 wickets. Flintoff set to be the key.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-28 11-28-43-37.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-28 11-28-43-37.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 19
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-28 11-28-47-33.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-28 11-28-47-33.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
Getting nailbiting...
Prior edged his first ball to Haddin giving Hauritz all of the first 5 wickets to fall. Collingwood and Flintoff then counter-attacked before Colly got this reversing beauty from Siddle which he edged to Hughes at slip (really pleased with that wicket!)

England require 102 runs; Australia need 4 wickets. Flintoff set to be the key.

Nice movie! Isn't it great that many people are getting these close games!? Do you play with any restrictions at all? I restrict myself to a maximum of one attempted lofted shot per over. But then again you might be using a different version to me!;)

Nice movie! Isn't it great that many people are getting these close games!? Do you play with any restrictions at all? I restrict myself to a maximum of one attempted lofted shot per over. But then again you might be using a different version to me!;)

I'm using open beta 2 but I started the match using open beta 1. I don't really play any lofted strokes atm apart from with the tail. My only other restriction is that I don't bowl a death ball I found with the fast bowlers.

Match finished and it was a really close one! I didn't take the new ball at 80 overs as Siddle and Hauritz were bowling so well.
Flintoff was dropped at point but fortunately 2 balls later mis-timed a drive and was caught at mid off. Swann was impressive and after being dropped early by Haddin hit some big shots. Anderson stuck around before being deceived by a slower ball from Siddle.
Finally with England needing just 22 to win Siddle (again!) tempted Swann and he was taken at 3rd slip.
I was getting pretty worried particularly when I dropped Freddie and Swanny. Cracking match and bring on Lords.

No wickets for Hilfenhaus - I'd like to drop him but I'm using the actual lineups from the series.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-34-46-42.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-34-46-42.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-33-23-07.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-33-23-07.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 16
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-33-46-06.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-28 12-33-46-06.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 11
What format are you playing on Cap'n Oz? I guess we can always knock their stats down, but that doesn't help the console players.

I'm using open beta 2 but I started the match using open beta 1. I don't really play any lofted strokes atm apart from with the tail. My only other restriction is that I don't bowl a death ball I found with the fast bowlers.

Match finished and it was a really close one! I didn't take the new ball at 80 overs as Siddle and Hauritz were bowling so well.
Flintoff was dropped at point but fortunately 2 balls later mis-timed a drive and was caught at mid off. Swann was impressive and after being dropped early by Haddin hit some big shots. Anderson stuck around before being deceived by a slower ball from Siddle.
Finally with England needing just 22 to win Siddle (again!) tempted Swann and he was taken at 3rd slip.
I was getting pretty worried particularly when I dropped Freddie and Swanny. Cracking match and bring on Lords.

No wickets for Hilfenhaus - I'd like to drop him but I'm using the actual lineups from the series.

Probably a bit of a diquehead (dique as in clique as in click!) question (yep, that's me!) but are you able to say anything about improvements in regards to the beta 2 patch!?:)

Morning update from Edgbaston, 3rd Test, 1st day:

15th over straight after drinks and Freddy has Watson beaten and plumb LBW!

watsonlbw.png

watsonlbwhawkeye.png

The very next ball and Clarke's gone for a duck! Clean bowled by Freddy who is now on a hat-trick...

The tension builds as Freddy runs in for his hat-trick ball to Ponting, who smashes it back over Freddy's head, but it doesn't beat long on! Ponting gone and a hat-trick for Freddy! Australia now in a bit of trouble.

17th over and Freddy gets an outside edge from Hussey, but it flies wide of the slips. England have a real chance here to bowl Australia out cheaply and try to get back into this series. Next ball and Freddy bowls a bouncer which is imperiously hooked away by Hussey for four.

18th over and Anderson gets North driving outside off, leading to a thin edge that just misses the stumps.

Big appeal from England for North LBW next ball, but hawkeye shows it just going over - good decision, Umpire.

northhawkeye.png

Beginning of the 19th and Hussey launches Flintoff towards wide long on for four. Two balls later, he leg glances Flintoff away for four more; expensive over from Flintoff this. North on strike and he launches Flintoff straight down the ground for another four - Flintoff's overpitching here.

21st over and Flintoff gets a well deserved break - great spell from him; Broad to replace him. Bad start by Broad as North dumps his second ball over towards midwicket and away for four.

North out! He fetches a Broad delivery from outside off and manages to drag it back onto the stumps. Australia in some trouble now.

23rd over and Broad gets an edge from Haddin, but it stays low and is just stopped by the slip. Later in the over, Hussey hits a lofted shot that neatly splits the fielders at long on and deep mid wickets and goes for four.

24th over and there's the 100 up for Australia, but they're five wickets down - a great morning for

England; just what they needed. Hussey drives Anderson straight over his head and away for four - he's looking dangerous. Oh dear - Anderson gets an edge off Hussey which is dropped at gully - a sharp chance.

26th over. BOOM! Haddin clubs Anderson away over backward square leg and four rows back for six runs; fantastic shot!

Last ball of the 27th and Haddin crashes Broad for a six over deep extra cover.

Anderson looking tired now and he's replaced by Swann.

At lunch:

ausbatlunch.png

engbowllunch.png

matchsumlunch.png

Were the bowled with the AI leaving or did they actually play a shot?

Yes, they actually played shots.

So far, beta two:

+'Set' batsmen making more mistakes
+ Bowler stamina fixed
+ Taking singles more often, but still turning down some easy ones.

Huge minus

-even though I haven't seen it yet, people are reporting the return of the AI runout bug.

Users who are viewing this thread