How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Run outs are rare, you will probably get an average of 1+ per game. its much better than before.

I'm using open beta 2 but I started the match using open beta 1. I don't really play any lofted strokes atm apart from with the tail. My only other restriction is that I don't bowl a death ball I found with the fast bowlers.

But lofted shots are basically gonna be harder as there being sorted before final patch right??

Giggs11 added 9 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

And also what is the beta 2 is it another upgrade from beta 1 but taking little issues from beta 1 and fixing them??

And also what is the beta 2 is it another upgrade from beta 1 but taking little issues from beta 1 and fixing them??

From what I'm reading this seems to be it, with the additions of patched online play and the quitter tweaks there.

Teach me how to get wickets :D

:D i just found a trick :D

use spinner

Try and bowl 2 to 3 deliveries outside off and suddenly bowl a big wide down the legside, make sure its out of batsmans reach, he will go for a big shot, miss d ball and he is out of d crease, press enter quickly, hes stumped ;)

make sure ur quick in stumping him

Let's get this in context; one person has reported it in one game.

That's true, it was an over reaction on my part.

Run outs are rare, you will probably get an average of 1+ per game. its much better than before.

True enough - in tests, at least - I haven't tried ODIs/Twenty20s post beta.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

:D i just found a trick :D

use spinner

Try and bowl 2 to 3 deliveries outside off and suddenly bowl a big wide down the legside, make sure its out of batsmans reach, he will go for a big shot, miss d ball and he is out of d crease, press enter quickly, hes stumped ;)

make sure ur quick in stumping him

I don't think you can control how quick the keeper is at stumping.

Have the AI bowling issues been sorted in the betas? namely, when playing an ODI/T-20, the AI always uses a fixed set of bowlers, and a particular order, even if one of the AI bowlers has been smashed earlier in the game. Also, the AI bowlers don't alter the direction/position of the ball much in the unpatched version.

I can't wait for the patch to come out for the 360, I just played a ODI on Hard, I was England vs Sri Lanka.

They posted 113 all out after about 17 Overs, with Wright and Anderson picking up 3 wickets each, Broad and Onions both getting 1. I was at least happy that there were only 2 run outs.

It took me about 18 overs to chase it down with the loss of only 1 wicket, Denly made 50 before going out, then Strauss (34), and Shah (26) steered me home, I was quite happy with my batting display I guess :D.

This is why I can't wait for the patch to come to 360, So i can hopefully have more realistic matches :D

What format are you playing on Cap'n Oz? I guess we can always knock their stats down, but that doesn't help the console players.

Mind you, this was with the Beta1-patched game on Normal mode. I always find the spinner gets a 4-for or 5-for, and bowling the batsmen because they leave a delivery is routine.

I was keen to try both Normal and Hard modes for both Beta1 and Beta2-patched games, but I think I will stop all this tomfoolery now and just install Beta2 and select Hard. It's time to go Pro.

Mind you, this was with the Beta1-patched game on Normal mode. I always find the spinner gets a 4-for or 5-for, and bowling the batsmen because they leave a delivery is routine.

I was keen to try both Normal and Hard modes for both Beta1 and Beta2-patched games, but I think I will stop all this tomfoolery now and just install Beta2 and select Hard. It's time to go Pro.

Hey Capt'n! You online as well? Whats your ID my man? Dying to get a thrashing at your hands!:)

Has anyone actually managed to make a test last the full 5 days with the new patch yet? perhaps even had a draw?

I am seeing alot of improvements with run rates but they are still a little on the high side when people are finishing a test inside 3 days and the total runs scored is still above 1200.

I don't remember that last time I saw a real test score 1200 runs inside 3 days, and the match was over.

I got to final session on day 4. Had there been as much rain as there had actually been at Cardiff the test would have been drawn with the number of overs bowled.

Users who are viewing this thread