How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I'm really looking forward to this now. I won it in the PC awards.

Could someone please link me to the patch and how to do it?

so it seems offline is going to be almost as good as online with the patch, is there going to be a differance between the pc patch and the one released for say ps3

so it seems offline is going to be almost as good as online with the patch, is there going to be a differance between the pc patch and the one released for say ps3

Welcome back!:) My understanding is is that patches will be the same for all versions.

Lunch on day 4. Hauritz keeping me in it after the seamers have failed to take a single wicket (or even a single edge).
Great to set batsmen up and then bowl them with the offspinner but disappointing that all 4 wickets came from the batter leaving the ball and it hitting the top of off.
The ball should start reversing soon so hopefully the quicks can join the party.

Anyway the equation is simple. England need 179 more runs and Australia need 6 more wickets.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-13-46-39.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-13-46-39.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-13-54-45.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-13-54-45.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-14-06-23.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-27 11-14-06-23.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
I've been only playing online, waiting until patch comes out to play an ashes series.

Disastrous end to the 2nd test, basically would've needed about 600 to stand any sort of chance and I probably just lost patience subconsciously and got out extremely cheaply. Anyway, for those who want the blow by blow, here it is:

England 2nd innings.

Oh dear. 1st over and Strauss is tempted by a fullish wide one from Johnson and it's pouched by 2nd slip.
That's not the start England were looking for.

Oh no! Next over and Cook goes LBW to Hilfenhaus, but Hawkeye shows it going over - England don't need mistakes from the umpires, but the Aussies are of course delighted!

4th over and the slip puts down a dolly off Hilfenhaus - Collingwood breathes a sigh of relief.
There's a prime example of no-balls being a bad thing! Two consecutive no balls to KP from Hilfenhaus, the next ball takes his edge off a backward defensive shot and it's taken brilliantly by Haddin! England in unimaginable trouble here - you could say the coffin's already been lowered into the ground! 2-0 looms large...

Did someone put something in England's last drinks? Collingwood plays all round a full one from Johnson and he's bowled. It's almost 'start the car' time, as Bumble would say. England are heading for possibly their biggest defeat of all time here.

6th over and England finally wake up. 10 off the over, as Bell and Flintoff cut loose. Might as well go down fighting.

7th over and England are attacking again, but a timely reminder comes in the shape of an edge from Flintoff, off a fullish one from Hilfenhaus, but it goes wide of the slips. Another nine from that over though - the last ball going for three off a stylish cover drive from Freddy.

8th over and Johnson decides it's time to test out the middle of the pitch. Freddy, in turn, decides it's time to test the middle of his bat and imperiously pulls the Aussie paceman for four.

9th over and Bell tries to hook Hilfenhaus out of Lords, but gets a bottom edge that just misses the stumps - easy Belly: more than two days to go yet!

Oh dear - Flintoff goes after a wide one from Hilfenhaus and manages to get an inside edge on it, dragging it back onto the stumps. Flintoff - gone for 23. Looks like England want a few days off...

Here comes...Prior! Can he save his spot in the team by breaking Lara's world record and saving the game?
It's probably the only thing that will save his spot...

10th over and enter Hauritz. Fairly uneventful stuff, apart from a cover drive from Bell which gets him two.

11th over and Prior goes for an on drive, misses and is bowled by Hilfenhaus. So, no heroics for him...
England seem eager to get this over with.

Last ball of the day and Broad just fails to edge Hilfenhaus. Great day for Australia - historic almost. As for England, how can they come back from this mauling in the 3rd Test?

3rd day

13th over and Bell plays two consecutive pulls off Hilfenhaus, picking up a total of four. The Aussie paceman then bowls the next one slightly wide outside offstump and Bell plays at it and just misses the edge.

14th over and that's the end of Bell - he gets a thin edge to one from Hauritz and Haddin takes the catch.
England seven down.

Same over and Swann's gone, bowled by Hauritz. England's resolve has completely gone now and they just want to get this over with. Hauritz spins one past Anderson's forward drive and Haddin whips the bails off, but Anderson is safely back in his crease.

Next over and Broad has had enough of poking and prodding. He goes for a huge wafting cut shot off Johnson which goes straight up in the air and is taken brilliantly by 3rd slip. Nine down and enter Harmison. Perhaps the big man will have some fun before it's all over, but he'll have to wait to get on strike. In the meantime, Anderson plays a cut to Johnson's next ball which he narrowly misses edging and then tries an expansive cover drive to the next delivery which has the same result.

Play and miss again from Jimmy - Johnson has him at sixes and sevens. Superb over from Johnson this, he makes Anderson play and miss again.

And that's it! All over as Jimmy goes for a run that's just not there and he's run out by miles. A suitably shambolic end to a shambolic England performance. Well played Australia, who go 2-0 up heading to Edgbaston.

engcollapse.png

aussiebowling.png

matchresultr.png

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

3rd Test Edgbaston

Day One:

A cloudy day, the pitch looks lively with lots of bounce. England win the toss and decide to bowl first to get the best of the bounce before it dies down.

3rdtestenglandwintossbo.png

1st over - a maiden from Anderson, Flintoff to share the new ball.

2nd over and Australia are away with two from Katich off a cover drive.

3rd over and Watson's away with a crunching square cut off Anderson, for four runs.

Next over and an early breakthrough! Katich leaves one from Flintoff that bowls him out. Enter Ponting.

8th over and an edge off Ponting, from Anderson, but it doesn't carry.

9th over and Ponting plays a lovely leg glance off Flintoff down to deep fine leg (but the position is vacant, so four for Punter). He repeats the dose two balls later.

11th over and Watson cuts for four off Anderson - the Aussies are recovering after the early loss of Katich.

13th over and there's the 50 up for Australia off a classy leg glance from Watson for four. Next ball, he clouts Freddy for six off an awful wide ball down leg side and then plays the same shot for another four - bad over by Freddy.

At drinks:

3rdtestday1drinks1.png

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

I'm really looking forward to this now. I won it in the PC awards.

Could someone please link me to the patch and how to do it?

What did you win?

If your openers can get a good start and build 150 without loss, you never know...

Nope, absolute disaster - I'm disappointed, I can usually show a lot more patience than that!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Lunch on day 4. Hauritz keeping me in it after the seamers have failed to take a single wicket (or even a single edge).
Great to set batsmen up and then bowl them with the offspinner but disappointing that all 4 wickets came from the batter leaving the ball and it hitting the top of off.
The ball should start reversing soon so hopefully the quicks can join the party.

Anyway the equation is simple. England need 179 more runs and Australia need 6 more wickets.

Yes, the AI does leave a few too many and get bowled.

Last edited:
Something I have found in the beta patch, is batsmen leaving alot of deliveries that seam to hit the top of the stumps, usually by a cutter or off-spinner.

The ai pacing seems much better and bowling good lengths now seems to result in the ai being more careful. I love the edges you can get through slips and when you mishit balls you can get those edges down to third man or fine leg.

Catching needs to be made harder, its too easy to take catches imo, and fielders still seem to be unable to stop balls from reaching the boundary when it is within reach.

The patch looks promising though.

Something I have found in the beta patch, is batsmen leaving alot of deliveries that seam to hit the top of the stumps, usually by a cutter or off-spinner.

The ai pacing seems much better and bowling good lengths now seems to result in the ai being more careful. I love the edges you can get through slips and when you mishit balls you can get those edges down to third man or fine leg.

Catching needs to be made harder, its too easy to take catches imo, and fielders still seem to be unable to stop balls from reaching the boundary when it is within reach.

The patch looks promising though.

Agreed - it'd be nice to see AI play/miss when getting bowled instead of leaving it all the time. Still, at least we can hit the top of offstump now, eh? :)

Agreed - it'd be nice to see AI play/miss when getting bowled instead of leaving it all the time. Still, at least we can hit the top of offstump now, eh? :)

Wow Great match tho well for the aussies in the second test unfortunately and well you needing to win every last test is certainly gonna make it a very intresting last 3 tests. Yes brilliant how your hitting the top of offstump even know sometimes this may be because of a stupid leave, but you know it does happen especially against flintoff. :)

:D:D I broke brian laras record :D:D and also made dravid beat his HS :happy:happy

29zsrx0.jpg

:happy Aftr some balls :happy

2q9z4ld.jpg

:banana2:banana2 Check out the RR , its in hard mode :happy:happy

Last edited:
:D:D I broke brian laras record :D:D and also made dravid beat his HS :happy:happy

29zsrx0.jpg

:happy Aftr some balls :happy

2q9z4ld.jpg

:banana2:banana2 Check out the RR , its in hard mode :happy:happy

I'm assuming pre patch - why don't you patch it? Seeing as you're on PC

Last edited:
Yes clearly pre patch, but if so why havent you patched it i find that odd??

I just cant wait for the patch on my xbopx 360!! any news and i would appreciate being updated :)

Users who are viewing this thread