How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

yes i want everyone to post as much as possible as it is starting to go a bit quiet round these threads.
Eagerley awaiting the 360 patch

giggs11, have you created any players on yours or are you just going to wait until the 360 patch comes out? AND is there a date announved for when the patch is out?

giggs11, have you created any players on yours or are you just going to wait until the 360 patch comes out? AND is there a date announved for when the patch is out?

Not gonna bother creating any players or anything like that and im just waiting for the 360 patch yes and well pretty sure its mid october or late october sometime round then as i have heard not sure if this has changed but thats all i know about it and havent played the game in like a month or two realy excited for the patch tho.

WI v India: India are set 389 to win after the seamers did well to restrict WI to 254 in the second innings. Ishant surprised plenty of fans to get his 2nd 5 wicket haul of the match. With plenty of time remaining, it could get interesting if India better their effort in first innings and get some partnerships going.

cricket2009200910110908.jpg

Not going that well so far mate, but remember you've got 3 days left to get the target so just take everything easy and not go all out :p

Yep, I take it Dravid is in your line up S? If so, use him as 'The Wall' and build your innings around him.

Mind you, don't know why I'm offering advice after having been gubbed for 180odd and 140odd v SA:doh

Not gonna bother creating any players or anything like that and im just waiting for the 360 patch yes and well pretty sure its mid october or late october sometime round then as i have heard not sure if this has changed but thats all i know about it and havent played the game in like a month or two realy excited for the patch tho.

ok But have you created any players before like onions trott denly bresnan and paine. And do you know if any of the playersa abopve will be on the patch?

Keep the updates coming mate!....Alot of the threads have gone quiet everyone just waiting for the release!!

Not going that well so far mate, but remember you've got 3 days left to get the target so just take everything easy and not go all out :p

Yep, I take it Dravid is in your line up S? If so, use him as 'The Wall' and build your innings around him.

Mind you, don't know why I'm offering advice after having been gubbed for 180odd and 140odd v SA:doh

don't get the hopes too high guys..remember at 4/1 I was in serious danger of following on in the first innings :D planning to use Gambhir (who just survived a dropped catch :sarcasm) and Dravid to keep going at one end and take it session by session. Updates soon..

Last edited:
You're on Xbox aren't you so still playing the original release? I think this thread would be pretty much dead if everyone was still playing (or not) that.

Wrong, I'm on PS3.

Big Fred to the rescue!

His dismissal triggers somewhat of a collapse...

bigfred.jpg

Nice recovery Kev, what will we do without Freddie in future?;)

On the subject of edges I mentioned earlier, I've started another test match on hard, SA (cpu) v Eng (me) at Cape Town and the only wicket I've taken was Gibbs, edgeing a forward defensive stroke from a delivery from Broad to Strauss at 2nd slip. Lovely wicket, producing a clenched fisted 'YES!' from me.

Lunch, day 1, SA 94/1.

What will I do without him in the next test!!

94/1. Sounds like a realistic score. Hopefully the convicts will put up a decent fight this time around, with a smaller total to aim for.

Kev, what team are you?

Wi v Ind, Day 2: India squandered a promising start and lost both the openers to finish on 81 for 2. With 308 to get with 8 wickets in hand, WI looking favorites at this stage.

cricket2009200910111330.jpg

Whatever. The effect is the same.
Kev is playing as England and seems a bit too good at this game. I have some good news to give to him at some point.

What do you mean by the effect?

Users who are viewing this thread