How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Ok the AI are scoring slightly slower but its still a score lower than 300 as usual.

The AI scored 534 in 145 overs as SA against me (England) in the only Test I've played since the patches, on hard level. Seems quite realistic to me. Maybe it's down to my poor bowling, although I try to get most balls in the light green/yellow areas.

In my 2nd Test SA are 94/1 at lunch, day 1. Unfortunately, I don't get as much time to play as I'd like but I'll post updates and screenshots as and when.

giggs11 i havent created anyone as i cant find stats lol, i would create them myself but they would turn out rubbish lol, is there a specifiec date fr the patch yet

Stumps at day 2. Probably have more than enough to declare, but at the end of day 2????

Most probably my best innings to date. Instead of being streaky I was patient for the start of the innings and then accelerated towards the end (massively, I got a bit bored). Cook's runout I was going for a run four, silly thing to do on the smaller playing field at Edgbaston. Gutted for Bopara, got into the late nineties and couldn't time the ball for anything in the world. Shouldn't have gone after the wider delivery, should have waited for the next over.

stumps2.jpg

The AI scored 534 in 145 overs as SA against me (England) in the only Test I've played since the patches, on hard level. Seems quite realistic to me. Maybe it's down to my poor bowling, although I try to get most balls in the light green/yellow areas.

In my 2nd Test SA are 94/1 at lunch, day 1. Unfortunately, I don't get as much time to play as I'd like but I'll post updates and screenshots as and when.

That scorecard would be very intresting to look at.

Played my verry first finished ODI match. Brilliant fun, though both of the teams were slogging as if it was a 15 over match. D: I (Pakistan) won a great victory of 51 runs. England were about 160 all out (thanks to awesome bowling of Gul, Aamer and to finish the match, Afridi). Btw this was a Semi-Final Tournament stage and I unlocked Melbourne and another stadium. I think it was Antigua and Barbuda but I have already unlocked it. :p

Anyway enough chit chat and here's some pics.

Aamer Semi-Yorker
ashescricket09maameryor.jpg

Match Summary
ac0951runwin.jpg

By the way, if anyone's wondering what difficulty I'm on, no, you're wrong, I'm not on easy. This match was on Normal.

Edit: I just noticed, I won by 51 runs and this post is on page 51! :eek:

Last edited:
Please help me

I don't know how to quit or go to options menu while playing.

And also let me know how to edit players names( India , Pakistan)

WI v India, Day 3: A valiant 73 from Dhoni with some fine support by the tail weren't enough as WI wrapped a win by 59 runs.

cricket2009200910111932.jpg

Despite the loss this was one of the most gripping test matches I've ever played against an AI opponent. The AI batting looks quite solid and it's a real challenge to bat on hard difficulty level. The beta patches have made quite an improvement to the original game so credit to CM, TG and PC beta testers. Hopefully the known issues like AI field placements, catching, no-balls etc will be fixed in the final patch, which should make this a truly great game.

This sounds great and this only beta there is bound to be a few other little tweaks in final patch.

Giggs11 added 6 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

As i have been reading all the feedback i was getting more and more excited and well i was just overall really happy with the tweaks on bowling and the ai batting ect ect.

Now all the obvious issues are sorted i now just want them to focus on the difficulty of the game as that is now the most important in my opinion. If they get the difficulty of the game right meaning, ai making big scores, batting being harder and bowling fairly hard, we will have a cracking cricket game on our hands.

Cant wait for the xbox 360 ashes cricket patch!!!!!. :D

That scorecard would be very intresting to look at.

Wish I could post it up, but I didnt take a screenshot. All I can do is keep you posted on my current Test. Again, the cpu look like posting a decent score at the moment.

please help me.

How can i pause the game in the middle of the innings.i have to play whole of the game. I Don't know even how to quit .

Please repyl as fast as possible???

Final match has been conquered.

No Aussies, you didn't win this final. :sarcasm

Aus won the toss and elected to bat. Every single batsman was slogging as if it was a 2 over match. :p Michael Clarke was flaming away with 44 off 16 balls followed by ole Ponting 37 off 17 balls. :eek:

Aamer as usual did a brilliant job of mopping the top & middle order. Aussies were unrealistically 157 all out in 13.2 overs. :facepalm

Anyway I started out calm in the second innings but lost wickets and my concentration, followed by a HUGE collapse and then as usual a total rescue from Razzaq and helped a bit by Ajmal.

Here are the pics:

Match Summary

ac09odifinal3wicketvict.jpg

Pakistan hold aloft the trophy:

ac09pakistanholdtheodit.jpg

The trophy:

oditournamenttrophy.jpg

I'm looking forward to finish Botham's impossible batting challenge #6, after that some more tournaments and finally to finish the game, Ashes Series and a few more Exhibition matches to unlock many rewards in there.

As in my first Test the Saffers are taking a stranglehold of this Test at Cape Town. From 94/1 at lunch they've moved onto 186/1 at tea, with no real chances being offered to England.

(Btw, ignore the extras - sometimes I'm guilty of trying too hard of landing it right in the yellow/light green zone!:doh)

Attachments

• tea day 1.JPG
    tea day 1.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 24
  • bowl.JPG
    bowl.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread