How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

ODI Quarter Final 1, Pak vs Eng at drinks, Cape Town. Aamer as usual got three excellent wickets with decent bowling from Gul and Afridi, though a bit expensive.

Thanks to Kev for encouraging me to use and scratch my CD even more. :p

ac09odiquarterfinal1dri.jpg

Well don't scratch it then! It won't get scratched in the drive and if you put it in a case when you aren't using it, it wont get damaged. I use plastic sleeves for sticking discs in, its slightly less hassle than sticking them back in the case and I can just bung the sleeve ontop of my PC. Seriously mate the game is a pile of tripe without the patch, patched its not perfect but its a massive improvement and probably the best cricket game I've played.

As I suspect most people expected, I won the 3rd Ashes test. But it was a pretty good match, I won by 78 runs in the end, but there were several times when I was thinking "They are going to do this". I had to stop using Swann though and there wasn't a great deal in the pitch for the seamers. Ponting's runout was disappointing, they did that thing where they ran two, seemed to pause and think about it, then went for the third. North and Haddin had a significant partnership that was again broken by a runout. This time a direct hit. I've been runout myself many times by similar risky singles so not too unhappy about that one. I did drop the pair about 5 times fairly early in their partnership mind! North went to to a big score before Harmison yorked him and with that the Ashes slipped away from the convicts :D Although Johnson did his best.

asheswin1.jpg

asheswin2.jpg

asheswin3.jpg

Innings 1 finished up by super yorkers from Naved and Aamer. England 176 all out in 33 overs.

ac09odiquarterfinal1hal.jpg

wow cant wait for this patch man, wish there was a specific release date tho,thought there would be by now.

Seriously mate the game is a pile of tripe without the patch, patched its not perfect but its a massive improvement and probably the best cricket game I've played.

I'll second that Kev. Although I'm finding it tough to get wickets I'd rather that than continually skittle the cpu for 150. I'm really enjoying bowling, and when a wicket is taken it's a great feeling.

Btw, nice game there. Good effort by the cpu to get 385, although once again Freddie looks like the main man. You're gonna miss him!;).

Thanks for the advice S. Pretty much all you've said, I try too. Got to keep plugging away:).

Well hopefully fingers crossed:p

But it would be nice to have a date announced for when the patch will be released.

Lunch day 2, and SA continue to dominate. The only success for England this session was the wicket of Kallis.

You wait until I bat; this 'flat tracker' wil turn into a minefield!!;)

Attachments

• lunch day 2.JPG
    lunch day 2.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 34
I'll second that Kev. Although I'm finding it tough to get wickets I'd rather that than continually skittle the cpu for 150. I'm really enjoying bowling, and when a wicket is taken it's a great feeling.
Unless its a spinner getting a bowled with no shot played, then yes its a fist clenching moment.

Btw, nice game there. Good effort by the cpu to get 385, although once again Freddie looks like the main man. You're gonna miss him!;).
Yep, Anderson is rated as the best bowler, but I think I am least effective with him. Now the Ashes are won, I think I'll go into the last 2 games with different teams to reality (mainly because the roster just doesn't allow me to get anywhere close to the right line-up). I'll still go in without Fred and KP. But I am toying with no spinner at all.

@Kev - you can use Player Editor on tmt files and edit the England and Aussie squads.
I probably could, but I'm playing with the default roster. Not much point in commenting on how a beta patch is working if I'm going to edit it.

Lunch day 2, and SA continue to dominate. The only success for England this session was the wicket of Kallis.

You wait until I bat; this 'flat tracker' wil turn into a minefield!!

I LOVE your scorecard!!!... nothing better than seeing the AI build a big score!!! keep it coming... November seems soooo far away im tempted to get a PC copy aswell!!

Users who are viewing this thread