How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Aus v Pak at Sydney
Ponting made Pak count for the missed chances with a superb 149 with Australia reaching 332 for 4 going into the final over on day 1. His innings had all but put Pak out of the contest, when this happened (click on "SD" and select "HQ" for high quality). Haddin departed in the same over to Shoaib to end day 1 on 332 for 6. Pak continued the good work on day 2 under overcast conditions and completed a fine comeback as Aus were bowled out for 378.

cricket2009200910132258.jpg

fantastic test match cricket..wasn't planning to complete the full innings but couldn't stop myself after the breakthroughs in last over (it was looking pretty gloomy till then) :D

PS can someone tell me how I can embed videos in my post?

Last edited:
Heh, nice run out...(shh, don't mention Gary Pratt to Ponting - he comes over all angry:spy;)).

Good comeback S. Keep us posted on your innings.

In my Test, a much better session for England, taking 4-77 in the session. All of my front line bowlers have chipped in. SA 499/8, tea, day 2.

Attachments

• tea day 2.JPG
    tea day 2.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Finally finished off the SA inns, 521 all out at 4.41pm on day 2. Swann gets a 5-fer.

A tricky hour and twenty minutes for England coming up...

Attachments

• SA 1st inns.JPG
    SA 1st inns.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 24
wow brilliant score from the ai, will be really fun to chase down keep us updated please.

Aus v Pak at Sydney
Ponting made Pak count for the missed chances with a superb 149 with Australia reaching 332 for 4 going into the final over on day 1. His innings had all but put Pak out of the contest, when this happened (click on "SD" and select "HQ" for high quality). Haddin departed in the same over to Shoaib to end day 1 on 332 for 6. Pak continued the good work on day 2 under overcast conditions and completed a fine comeback as Aus were bowled out for 378.

cricket2009200910132258.jpg

fantastic test match cricket..wasn't planning to complete the full innings but couldn't stop myself after the breakthroughs in last over (it was looking pretty gloomy till then) :D

PS can someone tell me how I can embed videos in my post?

That scorecard looks pretty good, i'd be happy with that.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Finally finished off the SA inns, 521 all out at 4.41pm on day 2. Swann gets a 5-fer.

A tricky hour and twenty minutes for England coming up...

This scorecard is even more exciting.

England's openers managed to survive the rest of the session, despite a couple of play and misses, and a Strauss edge that fell short of 2nd slip. A tough spell from Steyn and Ntini meant it was more about survival for Strauss and Cook rather than runs.

Close, day 2 - England 38/0.

Got to say that I haven't enjoyed a pc cricket game as much as this since the old BLC '99 days. It's been a terrific, realistic Test match so far.

Attachments

• close day 2.JPG
    close day 2.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 28
England's openers managed to survive the rest of the session, despite a couple of play and misses, and a Strauss edge that fell short of 2nd slip. A tough spell from Steyn and Ntini meant it was more about survival for Strauss and Cook rather than runs.

Close, day 2 - England 38/0.

Got to say that I haven't enjoyed a pc cricket game as much as this since the old BLC '99 days. It's been a terrific, realistic Test match so far.

I'm jealous, it seems like you have a thrilling match going on there. Could you please post a screeny of the ENG bowling figures?

This probably is the ODI counterpart of that Demo match I played with Panesar pulling the ball away for four and helping England win by 1 wicket.

I started off calm (as usual) and telling myself that there's 50 overs to make a rather small total. Anderson and Onions were doing fantastic bouncers, forcing me to constantly defend and not play the ball.

Then I wanted a bit of action. I supposedly hooked one very short ball for four, and I repeated this until I reached the height of slogging and dared for a loft on a really full toss delivery. I paid the price, missed the ball and got my own stumps knocked out (say, has anyone dislodged a stump before? It's a shame that you can only move them a bit, but not whack them out of their holes). I started to panic slightly. In came Younus Khan, and I was slogging like crazy (31 off 23 balls), hitting any delivery for four or at least a couple of runs until I misplayed a ball and again, my wicket was disturbed from its position.

Malik did no good, off he went back to the drawing board for no runs off four balls so there isn't much more to talk about him. Now I started to really panic. Luke Wright was my main enemy, for his strangely slow speed and I had no confidence on how to play against a medium pacer. I began to advance down the wicket and hit every ball for six, if not a six then a huge four. Yousuf the panicking slogger went away from the pitch 16 off four balls. Umar Akmal...well, was the man of the team in terms of most runs. 43 off 15 balls until I went for an advance-down-wicket six, missed the ball and too late to return to my crease, Prior had 'stumped' me. Well I guess stumped isn't the right word of it. I guess whipping the ball to the stumps would do.

Anyway "Boom Boom" came out of the pavilion and he was going back to the place soon after. The tail had been exposed. Now I was in great danger and I needed a sensible but expensive partnership to close the match. Naved as usual likes to hit the ball a lot and he usually succeeds, but not for too long - 36 off 20 balls. Ajmal was next and, not surprisingly, he stayed at the pitch.

We'll move on to Gul now, just like in this real world really, he was gone soon enough with no runs to his name.

Finally, the younger version of Wasim Akram :p (Mohammad Aamer) came in and he stayed there with Ajmal. Just like in real life they built up a solid, sensible partnership and walked the walk of victory to the dressing room.

Should I explain the winning shot/run(s), I think Ajmal hit a poorly timed shot to mid on and they got back for a single. Huge luck for me - Onions didn't back up the thrower and it resulted in an over throw, Aamer (or Ajmal) got up from his dusty dive and returned to the other end. Pakistan won by 1 wicket - intense game.

Kind of slogging it though, I was 177-9 in 19.5 overs, whereas England were 176 all out in about 33.2 overs.

Ajmal - 5 off 12 balls

Aamer - 5 off 7 balls.

And so ends my great semi-wall of text ending with a nice picture of the match scorecard :p.

Attachments

• AC09 ODI Tournament Pool Match 1 wicket victory.JPG
    AC09 ODI Tournament Pool Match 1 wicket victory.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I'm jealous, it seems like you have a thrilling match going on there. Could you please post a screeny of the ENG bowling figures?

Hi buddy, yes the match is terrific, very engrossing. I'd love to post that screenie, but for the life of me I can't find a way of viewing the previous innings' scorecards/bowling figures etc once the next innings has started. Any ideas?

On a side note, I'm afraid I'm going to struggle to get much play in over the next few days due to work and family commitments. I'll try and squeeze in the odd half hour here and there, but think it'll be next week before I can get any more serious gametime in.

ahh well looking forward to seeing your scorcards whenever you get it done. But it realy is good to see the ai getting a strong 520 odd !!!

Well, I just got AC09 in the mail today, get it on the comp, and wondering why it wont work. Check my ram I've got, and the requirement. It needs 1GB, and I've got 0.99GB. I literally screamed/yelled out loud, as loud as I could.

Check my ram I've got, and the requirement. It needs 1GB, and I've got 0.99GB. I literally screamed/yelled out loud, as loud as I could.

OMG , T3h Horror , T3h Disappointment ......T3h Pain ...... :eek:

BTW, was the yell, a yell of joy or disgust ?

That figure of 0.99GB basically means 1GB except for rounding. As Kev said, I doubt that's the reason it won't work. It is probably something else.

Users who are viewing this thread