How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

@ cricketplayer55
have you created any players , if so can u post a list of the one syou have please and a random question for anyone to answer, when is the 360 patch due for release

Hello guys.
I was to purchase the PS3 version after hearing that many of the problems in Ashes 2009 game have been patched up, and its great gameplay now. But now having doubts, if the patches have fixed only the PC version or are their downloads correcting the ps3 version too?

Many thanks in advance.

Anyway I just played the next session of my series (and forgot to save!). Bowled England out for 270 - a lead of 89.
Concerns:

- AI calling for third runs. Waiting too long, going too late, leads to runouts
- Spinners: had 7 wickets for Hauritz. 5 were bowled middle stump playing no stroke.
- Lords outfield: too big and too slow. Not a single 4 off a non-lofted stroke in either innings.
- short balls. Was getting no balled for stump high short balls. The length coeff still needs some sorting.
- Swann opening the bowling (only the second day).

None of these are major issues; just annoyances (like me forgetting to save before quitting).

Im pretty confident that the majority of these issues will be sorted.

But as you said there not major.

Hello guys.
I was to purchase the PS3 version after hearing that many of the problems in Ashes 2009 game have been patched up, and its great gameplay now. But now having doubts, if the patches have fixed only the PC version or are their downloads correcting the ps3 version too?

Many thanks in advance.

The patches are being tested on the PC version only but they will be available for all platforms.

Played my first Test match on Hard.

Batting was waaay too easy for test standards. I tried to play realistically early in the innings but after a few over only I found it too easy and started slogging. Yuvraj scored his fifty in 10 and century in 20 balls. :facepalm

But the bowling is much better than batting. Had to really toil to get those 20 wickets. At times I got desperate and wanted quick wickets but they weren't coming. So, I tried to bowl proper line-n-length to restrict runs and bowled according to the field which pleasingly lead to wickets. :D

Scorecard is attached. :)

Attachments

• test hard beta patch 2.JPG
    test hard beta patch 2.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 28
The patches are being tested on the PC version only but they will be available for all platforms.

Thank you.
So is it safe to buy now, the ps3 version? The demo of game showed signs of lag on my pc, so i m more inclined for a ps3 one. Or would you suggest to wait for a decision to be taken for all platforms.

Thank you.
So is it safe to buy now, the ps3 version? The demo of game showed signs of lag on my pc, so i m more inclined for a ps3 one. Or would you suggest to wait for a decision to be taken for all platforms.

Personally I would suggest the PS3 one. The game will be the exact same with the patch and the ps3 online community is very active. Ive heard stories of people not being able to find online matches on PC, this is a non-issue for ps3 users.

Hope to see you online soon :)

On a similar note, PC version will have the advantages of mods which PlanetCricket guys will make.

In my view, after a certain period of playing the game, graphical mods are a MUST give the game a new look and a new life. Also, we can not rule out any gameplay patches just yet by the talented PC members. ;)

^ very true, but if your main interest is online play then I say ps3. I only play online and never ever play the AI or offline so the PC version and graphics patches do not interest me as they are not applicable online. Plus I like to play on my TV and sit on my couch, not a big fan of sitting at the computer, its what I do at work all day .

@ cricketplayer55
have you created any players , if so can u post a list of the one syou have please and a random question for anyone to answer, when is the 360 patch due for release

Sorry, I haven't created any players besides for myself and others.

^ very true, but if your main interest is online play then I say ps3. I only play online and never ever play the AI or offline so the PC version and graphics patches do not interest me as they are not applicable online. Plus I like to play on my TV and sit on my couch, not a big fan of sitting at the computer, its what I do at work all day .

So are you telling me that you don't have AC2009 installed on your work computer? I am afraid you are not a serious cricket fan:D

So are you telling me that you don't have AC2009 installed on your work computer? I am afraid you are not a serious cricket fan:D

Afraid my work computer can't run AC09 even if it wanted to, I do have the CR demo on it though :)

20 overs at second innings. Hair-tearing performance displayed by South Africa, at least for me.

Glad that Naved, Ajmal and Razzaq got a handful of wickets though, especially the vital lbw trap that sent De Villiers back to the pavilion. I guess it's not Aamer's day in this match.

Attachments

• ODI Tournament Semi-Final 2 innings 2 20 overs.JPG
    ODI Tournament Semi-Final 2 innings 2 20 overs.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 15
Ok, so I'm about to lose the match and Morkel is on 42 hitting sixes and fours all over the place, on reverse swing?!

This is really unrealistic, I'm bowling yorkers with full reverse swing applied, and yet they're hitting the ball as if its some toddler chucking a ball at 10 kmh. The AI seem to have some kind of winning check so that they become invincible and slog like Yuvraj Singh with full confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread