How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I beg to defer from you guys. Either I'm too good at this game or just plain lucky twice in a row.

I played the second match of the series (mentioned in earlier posts) and the result was no different. Though I scored a little less in a little more overs loosing a few more wickets but at the same time AI struggled much more than I did. So, on a +ve note - pitches do matter but at the same time batting isn't a challenge enough when I score at 10 runs an over in a test match.

I have attached the scorecard(currently in 3rd inning) here. I would love to upload some videos too if anyone can guide me how to make/upload them.

Cheers

testhardbetapatch2match.jpg

I beg to defer from you guys. Either I'm too good at this game or just plain lucky twice in a row.

I played the second match of the series (mentioned in earlier posts) and the result was no different. Though I scored a little less in a little more overs loosing a few more wickets but at the same time AI struggled much more than I did. So, on a +ve note - pitches do matter but at the same time batting isn't a challenge enough when I score at 10 runs an over in a test match.

I have attached the scorecard(currently in 3rd inning) here. I would love to upload some videos too if anyone can guide me how to make/upload them.

Cheers

testhardbetapatch2match.jpg

If only, if only, if only;

The Ai were able to use realistic fielding tactics! It's not the poor bowling that lets them down but the fact that there are too many easy gaps. If you want a decent game you have to convince yourself that some gaps aren't there. Oh if we could only edit the field settings!:(:)

that doesent look good as it is on hard i guess if when the patch is released the game on hard is too easy then it will get very boring very quickly.

Started playing the Ashes again after trying to control myself for a 50 over which never eventuated.

After 3 overs and me being defensive I get to face this field setting! Currently 2/58, lost both openers after having my usual brain explosions.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-17 15-01-02-11.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-17 15-01-02-11.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 35
Let me guess where it bowled!

Where this game really shines is ODI's in my humble but right opinion! I have some great games against my invisible friend Mr Computer.

Kiwis against England (moi l' homme d'Anglais) put on 262 after 50 overs with Guptill scoring a wonderful century after I had them rattled at 119 for 4.

One Swann ball was an absolute beauty, spun in missing the edge of "el batto" by the widths of a gnats knicker elastic and goodbye Mr Off-Stump! I won't tell you the English score as I capitulated against the might of Bond and Co but thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I think the AI field settings in the ODI's are much more effective than in the test-matches.:)

I also think that I am off to bed. G'night John-Boy, g'night Mary-Lou!:)

Where this game really shines is ODI's in my humble but right opinion! I have some great games against my invisible friend Mr Computer.

Kiwis against England (moi l' homme d'Anglais) put on 262 after 50 overs with Guptill scoring a wonderful century after I had them rattled at 119 for 4.

One Swann ball was an absolute beauty, spun in missing the edge of "el batto" by the widths of a gnats knicker elastic and goodbye Mr Off-Stump! I won't tell you the English score as I capitulated against the might of Bond and Co but thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I think the AI field settings in the ODI's are much more effective than in the test-matches.:)

I also think that I am off to bed. G'night John-Boy, g'night Mary-Lou!:)

Have to agree with you about the AI's fields in ODIs - they seem to be a lot better at stopping you scoring freely.

Personally I would suggest the PS3 one. The game will be the exact same with the patch and the ps3 online community is very active. Ive heard stories of people not being able to find online matches on PC, this is a non-issue for ps3 users.

Hope to see you online soon :)

glad to see your reply. PS3 version it shall be. Tomorrow I'll get Ashes'09 and Batman Arkham Asylum.

Let me guess where it bowled!

Haha yep don't have to be Einstein to figure that! Funny thing is I usually try and hit the cover gap but when they plugged it up I left the ball. Although if they do that in ODIs I would so be hitting that leg side gap or just going over the top to tell them to change that freaking field!

Oh, I'm quite surprised it still wanted you to hit thru the covers. Normally I find it just drops it in too straight and a bit to short and I just rape the runs for that over on the leg side. Next over it'll go defensive with the field settings and normality is restored.

Pretty poor batting performance from me in my 4th Ashes test (no screenie, wasn't running fraps). Top 3 batsmen all past 50 but didn't go on. Pretty much everyone else got bugger all except for Dimi. I managed a lead of 40 odd on first innings. Computer didn't bowl Stuart Clark at all. Opened with its usual trio, gave them about 8 or 9 overs each then pretty much bowled with North and Clarke (Michael). In reply I had a great start. First wicket down with no runs on the ball (first time I have done this) with an edge to the keeper, had set him up beautifully earlier in the over. Kept the runs down and got a second after about 18 runs. Punter and Hussey steadied the ship a bit and past my score. Then I lost the sound, just a very quiet stuttering sound. Started the next over and "thought I better save this" but too late, it locked up. Hadn't saved the game all morning, so I think I'll end up back at 5 wickets down on my front. Gutted.

Replayed the rest of the innings which I forgot to save. No runouts this time but three bowled playing no shots:
England lead by 114 after the first innings. I've got the spinner sussed but am having trouble taking wickets with the quicks still. I hate how easy it is for the computer to deal with short stuff. Even Onions at 11 had loads of time to pull a Johnson bouncer. The bounce isn't really right for short balls; needs sorting for the next version.
Anyway struggling to save the test again unless I can score 400+ in my second innings.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-18 12-48-02-09.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-18 12-48-02-09.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-18 12-48-21-16.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-18 12-48-21-16.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 19
@barmyarmy, can you please post your stas of graham onions as i have lookd but cannot find any, i cant download cosim on a normal 360.

Users who are viewing this thread