How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Sometimes that happens in real cricket.

If you were playing a Test and someone scored 400* you'd probably think it's a bit silly, but Lara did it.

Of course it's different if it happens constantly.

Ok, so I'm about to lose the match and Morkel is on 42 hitting sixes and fours all over the place, on reverse swing?!

This is really unrealistic, I'm bowling yorkers with full reverse swing applied, and yet they're hitting the ball as if its some toddler chucking a ball at 10 kmh. The AI seem to have some kind of winning check so that they become invincible and slog like Yuvraj Singh with full confidence.

Leave yorker aside for a while and try to pitch ball on a length for 2~3 overs. Just outside off and try to restrict flow of runs with in-out filed. My experience says wickets will come. ;)

You can go back to yorkers once new batsmen are in. :)

At last I've finished the match, with reverse swing and yorkers rendered absolutely useless to me. Morkel hit a shot too much and got caught for 45 something. Aamer finished off the match by bowling Steyn with an in-swinging half-volley delivery.

Well, there's only the Final left, and I'm playing with Sri Lanka.

Oh and I nearly forgot - the scorecard...

Attachments

• ODI Tournament Semi-Final 2 summary.JPG
    ODI Tournament Semi-Final 2 summary.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The reverse swing is most useful for the tailenders but it can be useful against new batters. Against set batters you are better off pitching around the 4m mark and bowling in the yellow range.

Played my first Test match on Hard.

Batting was waaay too easy for test standards. I tried to play realistically early in the innings but after a few over only I found it too easy and started slogging. Yuvraj scored his fifty in 10 and century in 20 balls. :facepalm

On the beta?

its done and dusted now :( The match is over.

But on a positive note, in the second match of the series, i decided to play on the newly unlocked stadium Centurion(win a test on Hard) and to my surprise the batting was a little, infact if we talk in relation of last match much, tougher. Both my openers got to a flying start, similar to previous match. but once Sehwag got out, the abtting suddenly become a lot tougher (relatively). I lost 2 quick wickets and despite me playing sensibly since then my score is 300+ in 30 overs for the loss of 6 wickets. This, I think is the combined effect of pitch + batsmen.

First, Centurion is tougher to bat on. Second, because of the ridiculous amount of skills points I had earned on my openers, they are quite some batsmen by now. So, in previous match the bowlers were all timid when the first wicket fell where as this time around Sehwag got out a little early and since then its been a fairly balanced match (relatively).

So, by the time I complete this series, i will be in a better situation to tell how good I think the AI is. I will try to play on different grounds all the while. :)

Cheers

Well hopefully that batting scorecard in your other match was a one of cause if batting is that easy on this game still then this game will get boring very quickly:(

No, batting is quite tough now - you do have to play yourself in and even once you're in, you have to maintain your concentration.

No, batting is quite tough now - you do have to play yourself in and even once you're in, you have to maintain your concentration.

yup,correct Batting is not Easy,if you start slogging you will get out for sure,and it happened to me in all Odi,and t20s

Batting isn't easy. That is unusual.

if ai messes up in bowling selections (mainly bowling spinners) and field placings (all inside the circle) for an extended period it can be.

Shailesh added 3 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I will try to play on different grounds all the while. :)

Cheers

I think the choice of ground has some say in ai bowling strategy..I was playing at SCG and ai was using spinners, even part time ones most of the time. that combined with some unrealistic fields (like everyone in the circle) can kill a match pretty quickly. I think sticking to pace friendly pitches may be better till (hopefully) this gets fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread