How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

"Finally" I decided to play the final match against Sri Lanka. :p

Since this is a final match, I will be putting everything here. :sarcasm

Match Length: One day, Morning to Night

Match Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Temperature: 10 degrees centigrade??

Wind: Variable

Ball: Kookaburra White

Pitch Wear: Day 1

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commentators: Jonathan Agnew (as always) and Tony Grieg.

Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to bat first. Clever decision, but Jonathan did not seem to agree.

Anyway, the beta patch 2 is truly a great improvement to the game, Dilshan was slogging just like his real self. (66 off 51 balls) But he hit a shot too many, so he paid the price. Sangakarra was awkwardly out for 14 off 31 balls. Here's what happened, Malik was bowling around the wicket, Sangakarra was not in a hitting mood so he left an arm ball delivery, the ball jumped to the stumps and knocked them over.

They're at drinks now, 17 overs SRL 91/4.

Attachments

• ODI Tournament Final drinks break.JPG
    ODI Tournament Final drinks break.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 23
@cricketplayer55 keep us updated on that please. I would love to see how that finishes up, one day matches now seem great!!

:facepalm
PHP:
same here it lags some times plyers dont take the runout chances it's just frustrating

Some guys suggested AI plays better in ODIs so I started an ODI series instead of playing the on going Test series and even played with teams other than India too.

But, I am afraid I didn't see much difference. It was only coz of my stupid run outs that I couldn't reach 750~800. But still I scored 676-9 in 50 overs on hard setting. Bowling was no different. Either AI played to RL like and collapsed under the pressure of massive total or it simply is not good enough as suicidal run outs made a return. :(

I am attaching screenies.

Inning 1 :
inning1battingcard.png

inning1bowlingcard.png

inning1scoreboard.png

inning1summary.png

Inning 2 :

inning2battingcard.png

inning2bowlingcard.png

inning2scorecard.png

inning2summary.png

And you can find the whole album here

Last edited:
Right either you're an absolute God at this game or you're not using the patched version on hard. Given your refusal to post a video of even one over I'm leaning towards the latter (but am more than happy to be proved wrong).

Ok, I am more than willing to make a video if only anyone can tell me how to do so. :facepalm

Also, what all do you need in video(other than game itself) to ensure that its being played on OB2+hard?

Right either you're an absolute God at this game or you're not using the patched version on hard. Given your refusal to post a video of even one over I'm leaning towards the latter (but am more than happy to be proved wrong).
Suddenly I don't look so good at it do I :p

I don't think I could match these scores, but I can see how it possibly could be done. There are several ways you can exploit how the AI acts and you can score quite freely if you follow some basic rules.

:(

Nobody believes me. :(

Please suggest a way to make videos and you will know that no exploitation was done. Also, as you can see from the screenies not many sixes were it. its mainly the grounded shots which were quite easy to score from.

Also, I am not here to boast, just want to give feedback on this game which has a great potential.

Also, as you can see from the screenies not many sixes were it. its mainly the grounded shots which were quite easy to score from.
This is one thing that worries me about the AI. You can hit the bowler to the same part of the field over and over and as long as you only go for 2 or 3 runs a time and don't reach the boundary it seems to do bugger all about it.

Here is the album of other screenies(of the same match) in case it helps to prove anything.

:(

Nobody believes me. :(

Please suggest a way to make videos and you will know that no exploitation was done. Also, as you can see from the screenies not many sixes were it. its mainly the grounded shots which were quite easy to score from.

Also, I am not here to boast, just want to give feedback on this game which has a great potential.

Use Fraps to take videos (or google some other software).
Sorry to sound sceptical; just surprised :p

Anyway back to my Ashes series. Day 2 is over and the Aussies are still in with a chance. A fighting century from Phillip Hughes has put them 123 ahead with 6 wickets still in hand. England won't want to chase anything over 300.
The four wickets fell as follows:

Katich bowled Flintoff - attempted drive to a wide ball took the inside edge and hit off stump
Ponting caught Prior bowled Swann - early on the drive; inside edged down the leg side and well taken
Clarke bowled Anderson - attempted pull took the bottom edge and ricocheted onto the stumps
Hussey caught Bopara bowled Flintoff - brainless waft outside off on the backfoot looping the ball to gully

Hughes has managed to hit 4 boundaries in his 100; 4's very hard to come by on this Lord's outfield.
Onions and Broad have been disappointing so far for England and Swann has probably been underbowled. Day 3 will decide whether England can square the series or whether Australia will go 2 up with 3 to play.

For interest Hughes is averaging over 100 but I'll have to drop him for Lords...

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-29-23-76.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-29-23-76.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-30-01-64.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-30-01-64.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 9
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-30-29-90.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-19 16-30-29-90.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
I played a great twenty20 match between South Africa (me) and India at Melbourne.
I won the toss and elected to bat.

Smith and Gibbs got of to a flyer. I played a brilliant knock with my own player. He made a stunning 120* of just 53 balls. He and Boucher shared a partnership of 135 and they scored 85 of the last 4 overs.

I thought that I won the game.

How wrong wasn't I.

Gambhir and Sehwag got off to a solid start untill Gambhir was dismissed by Steyn for 9 with the score on 22.

Sehwag and Raina the batted solidly at a great pace with Sehwag doing most of the damage.

When Raina and Sehwag got dismissed things started to happen. Y. Singh and Dhoni started to hit sixes of my spinners all the time. They once got the required run rate down too 10:facepalm:facepalm. I was so nervous. They shared a partnership of 96 in unbelievably quick time. When Yuvray got out the pressure died down a bit. Then Dhoni got out straight thereafter and I could breathe again, but gee, what a match!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

I'm sorry I forgot to take screenshots of my batting performance, but here is the Indian scorecards with the match summary!

cricket2009200910191958g.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cricket2009200910191958.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cricket2009200910191958.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It's using aussie1st's roster found in the download forum.

i cant see these files as i sont have the game on PX and i am NOT on xbox live that is why i am wondering whether or not you can post the stats for me or just send them to my email?

Users who are viewing this thread