How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

The tournament is over. Brilliant display of batting and bowling from both sides. Dilshan 66 off 51 balls and Younus 77 off 65 balls. Naved 4/40 and Muralitharan 1/26. The Sri Lankan bowlers bowled well, they might as well were "hunting" in pairs. :p

A late cut six from Razzaq cleaned up the match for good. Mathews bowled superb deliveries that I couldn't even play.

Pakistan won by 5 wickets. I'm looking forward to start a 20-20 World Cup match in England & Wales, on hard cos Normal is not challenging enough for me. :p

Anyway enough blabbing and here's some pics:

oditournamentfinalbatti.jpg

oditournamentfinalbowli.jpg

oditournamentfinalsumma.jpg

pakistanholdaloftthetro.jpg

Last edited:
Satisfying wicket in the second innings. Strauss has been immovable all series so I peppered him and he hit a catch to deep mid wicket :)

Interesting to read how people are getting on in their respective games/series.

I have played a few T20 tournaments offline against the AI on the PC beta2 patch and I must say I had some cracking games with a few going right down to the wire to the last ball. If the AI field placings are sorted which hopefully TG with do for the final patch then the game will further improve the gameplay.

In relation to people posting scorecards of huge fast scoring totals - whos to say that they aren't saving and restarting whenever a set batsman gets out and even playing on a lower difficulty setting?

Satisfying wicket in the second innings. Strauss has been immovable all series so I peppered him and he hit a catch to deep mid wicket :)

Just wondering, but why is Ponting batting lower down the order??
And also do you find taking wickets easier but at the same time satifying.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Interesting to read how people are getting on in their respective games/series.

I have played a few T20 tournaments offline against the AI on the PC beta2 patch and I must say I had some cracking games with a few going right down to the wire to the last ball. If the AI field placings are sorted which hopefully TG with do for the final patch then the game will further improve the gameplay.

In relation to people posting scorecards of huge fast scoring totals - whos to say that they aren't saving and restarting whenever a set batsman gets out and even playing on a lower difficulty setting?

Yeah i had my doubts about this patch not working but from the scorecards and the feedback from which i've seen it sounds very promising.

^
I take that back...

Just wondering, but why is Ponting batting lower down the order??

Wanted to give Clarke a chance to get a decent knock after losing the first wicket and then was changing it to give left/right partnerships.

And also do you find taking wickets easier but at the same time satifying.

I find it hard but the computer is pretty bad at building an innings. They won't give a chance then suddenly in the 30s will get out. As confidence rises they give more chances which isn't right really.

3rd test update
England staring down the barrel as Aus need just 101 to win.
They played the short ball poorly and too many catches at point and cover as well. Cook batted well before a stupid runout (not grounding bat!) and Broad was impressive in defense.
Better from the Aussie seamers; I'm gearing myself up to drop the spinner for the final two tests :(

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-30-32.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-30-32.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-44-64.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-44-64.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-53-40.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 00-40-53-40.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 13
3rd test update
England staring down the barrel as Aus need just 101 to win.
They played the short ball poorly and too many catches at point and cover as well. Cook batted well before a stupid runout (not grounding bat!) and Broad was impressive in defense.
Better from the Aussie seamers; I'm gearing myself up to drop the spinner for the final two tests :(

And also with the AI scoring at about 3 runs an over do they take more singles instead of hitting boundaries every other time?

What do you mean?
I was a closed beta tester so we went through 4 betas before the first open beta and stuff was fixed as we went along.

Ah yeah ok sorry, slight mind blank for a moment then! lol

In your opinion without saying anything you cant.

How different in gameplay do you think Open Beta 2 is to what could have been or still could be the final Patch?

There were changes post open beta 2 but no-one here has tried them.

Third test conclusion.
Total chased down in 18 overs with 2 wickets lost. Watson and Ponting both being over-aggressive and edging drives into the slips cordon. Clarke was playing horribly and was timid or hesitant for most the innings but they kept feeding me short stuff which I put away.
2-1 up with 2 to play. Manou, Hauritz out; Haddin, Clark in for Aus and Flintoff out; Harmison in for Eng for the 4th test.

Series averages coming soon...

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-21-52-28.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-21-52-28.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-22-06-88.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-22-06-88.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-22-18-41.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 13-22-18-41.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
Pretty easy win then in the end.

Coud you gimme a recap on how your other 2 matches went were they close, was it hard ectect??

Users who are viewing this thread