How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Finally got settled and ready to play the very first match of the Twenty20 Tournament (Sponsored by Codemasters and their ex-associate Transmission Games).

First Twenty20 Tournament Match:
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka

Weather: Cloudy, but not too much.

Temperature: Expected to be 11*C or less.

Wind: Variable

Pitch Wear: New, Day I

Ball: White Kookaburra

Commentators: Jonathan Agnew & Ian Bishop

Toss: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first.

I thought Twenty20 games are where you slog and make as many runs as you can so I did that. Malinga bowled the first over and 12 runs were added to the total. Vaas (hasn't he retired?) came in and bowled a cunningly disguised in swinger which led Imran Nazir out first ball. Next came Younis Khan who later made a contributing 45 off 21 balls. Afridi on the other hand made 60 off 30 balls (hmm, that means he scored 2 every ball but not necessarily). One time there were two fielders and I hit a shot in between them, and when one of them were coming to pick up the ball then he left it for the other one to throw it back! The result? Four runs. Poor fielding. :facepalm

Malik didn't go too good, bad calls from Younis (or somebody else) got him run out. Razzaq was out of shape and his poor timing cost him. He could have gone earlier 'cos there was a fielder under the ball, but it was a no-ball. Rana Naved lost his concentration and got bowled off-stump. Umar Gul and Saeed Ajmal made enough runs to end the match with 183 runs.

Vaas was the leading wicket taker for his 2/37.

Did Not Bat:

Mohammad Aamer

Rao Ifthikhar Anjum

twenty20tournamentm1i1s.jpg

twenty20tournamentm1i1b.jpg

twenty20tournamentm1i1b.jpg

twenty20tournamentm1i1bw.jpg

Keep the posts coming in guys its gone a bit quiet but im still intrested in reading all the feedback from your matches as im still confident that the final patch will soon be released.

Anyone starting any south africa england tests as winter is on its way which means the tour of south africa??

I think your tooo goood at the game kev you seem to restrict them to early 200s and late hundreds every game?? whats the score anywayz so farr in that series??

Finally got settled and ready to play the very first match of the Twenty20 Tournament (Sponsored by Codemasters and their ex-associate Transmission Games).

[

Nice report. Keep us updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol dont change anything on my account. My dog doesnt even listen to me:facepalm

Keep the posts coming in guys its gone a bit quiet but im still intrested in reading all the feedback from your matches as im still confident that the final patch will soon be released.

Anyone starting any south africa england tests as winter is on its way which means the tour of south africa??

I think your tooo goood at the game kev you seem to restrict them to early 200s and late hundreds every game?? whats the score anywayz so farr in that series??
I might do South Africa next up.

I dunno what I am doing different to everyone else when bowling. I don't bowl in stupid places or set anything other than the standard pre-defined fields. Most innings when I bowl they start really well, or at least reasonably well and I think that they are going to be able to put on a decent total. It seems to be able to build a partnership but when you break it the side just collapses, suddenly the 1 wicket you struggled so hard to get becomes 3 or 4 and its game over as despite Grieg blabbering on all the sodding time about the tail taking things more seriously, they cannot bat for ████.

Currently 4-0 up in the series, past their first innings total with the loss of 2 wickets (rather stupidly) and the game seems to have gone full circle and it's reverted back to tactics it used in the first test at Cardiff - spinner on in the 8th over (Mind you, both those wickets went to the spinner!) As in the first innings of the last test it is completely ignoring the extra seam bowler in the side.

At last I have began the Ashes Series. As we all know that the 1st test was played at Cardiff, Wales so here we are today.

The wind is moderate and the temperature could be higher than 20*C. I'm as England btw.

Started out very carefully with one run off the first over. Then in the second over I got a bit aggressive; but I quickly calmed down. They are at drinks atm, with Peter Siddle coming in next.

Squads:

England:-------------------------------------------------------Australia:

1. Andrew Strauss (c)----------------------------------1. Shane Watson
2. Alastair Cook---------------------------------------2. Simon Katich

3. Ian Bell--------------------------------------------3. Ricky Ponting (c)
4. Kevin Pietersen-------------------------------------4. Michael Clarke
5. Paul Collingwood------------------------------------5. Michael Hussey
6. Matt Prior (w)--------------------------------------6. Marcus North
7. Andrew Flintoff-------------------------------------7. Tim Paine (w)
8. Stuart Broad----------------------------------------8. Mitchell Johnson

9. Graeme Swann----------------------------------------
9. Peter Siddle
10. James Anderson-------------------------------------10. Brett Lee
11. Steve Harmison-------------------------------------11. Ben Hilfenhaus

Attachments

• Ashes 2009 1st test at drinks.JPG
    Ashes 2009 1st test at drinks.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Oh yus and I forgot to mention. One of you would ask me, "What happened to the Twenty20 tournament?" Well, I lost ridiculously boringly with no tense action or anything, Sri Lanka won by 8 wickets in about 14 overs.

Edit: 100 runs up in exactly 20 overs. I'm proud of it. ;)

Anyway, Strauss has made his half-century and is eying out for a slow hundred. :p

I'm being successful for annoying the crap out of the Aussie fielders by defending the ball & taking a single safely. Playing the Ashes Series as a whole is much more fun than completing EA's boring old achievements.

Edit 2: Half-century for Cook and century for Strauss! Well, not that it was easy, the Aussie bowlers were fighting back a bit, but I did it.

Smiling Straussy:
cricket2009200910282146.png

Spider:
cricket2009200910282147.png

Scorecards:

Summary

Batting

Bowling

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the bowling card. Siddle is usually the best bowler against me. I always struggle to score from him.

Had an epic innings. When I declared the match for 430/1 off 70 overs Alastair Cook had made 211 off 288 balls! (Heh, I unlocked Karachi by doing that) Also I made sure that Ian Bell made his century before the 70th over and he has a brilliant 104 off 109 balls. Strauss on the other hand (101 off 106 balls) was unluckily edged and so the wicket keeper caught him. That was an important wicket for the Aussies.

Alastair Cook and Ian Bell put an extra 267 to the second wicket! After 70 overs I decided that it was enough, my batsmen had played for long enough and I thought that 430 is a pretty gigantic total to overlead if you're a higher-than-good AI thing.

The two Aussie openers came in. Anderson was to start the first over. On the third ball Anderson pitched a tricky in-swinging fuller good length which lead to Watson making a horrible decision just as I'd expected. He had left the ball and England appealed. The umpire therefore gave "Rudi Koertzen's Slow Finger of Death". :p Australia were desperately at 0/1 in 0.3 overs. Now I'm sure they are scoring comfortably with less than 409 runs to trail.

Anyway enough talking and lets look at some pics.

<Sorry but eh Imageshack is uploading the images and I have to wait for it until it finishes uploading.>

Had an epic innings. When I declared the match for 430/1 off 70 overs Alastair Cook had made 211 off 288 balls! (Heh, I unlocked Karachi by doing that)
Ok, not for 1 wicket, but I've just outdone you on the Cook stakes :D

pwned.jpg

Worried that the AI again didn't select Clark to bowl but bowled Clarke and Katich instead, even though I was hitting them for several boundaries an over.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread