How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

That's an easy score I can beat lol. :p

Stumps at second innings. Broad was introduced after Anderson and Harmison were tired out of the attack and he almost got a wicket in his first over. On his fourth over he cleaned up Simon Katich with a clever delivery that sent the ball edged into Cook's hands. Ponting was about to be out too but the fielder in the covers dropped the catch and now he's made a mere 42 off 58 balls.

Attachments

• Ashes 2009 1st Test 2I Stumps.JPG
    Ashes 2009 1st Test 2I Stumps.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Predictably wrapped up the Ashes 5-0.

ashes1.jpg

ashes.jpg

Dropped Katich twice in one over while he was still in the 20's. Unexpectedly my next wicket was that of Punter. Then the traditional mid innings mini collapse followed by recovery. i think we can all guess the manner of the runout.

End of the second innings. This was one of the most unfortunate innings I had ever played. Unfortunate for the AI that is. As we know on the first three balls of the second innings Watson did a terrible job of judging the ball and got out quickly. In came Michael Clarke, he stayed for a pretty long time but hit a shot high in the air and Flintoff was there to catch it. Katich got an edge and got caught by Cook in the slips. Michael Hussey misplayed a slower ball at fuller good length and got his stumps knocked out. Ponting was either lbw'ed or bowled, I can't remember. :|.Marcus North misplayed a semi-yorker and got comprehensively bowled. The battle for avoiding the follow-on began.

Mitchell Johnson was cleaned up by Swann with a neat piece of fielding from Prior. Siddle was not out for I think 1 run. I can't remember how Lee was dismissed, I think another lbw. I should have looked at the batting scorecard. :( Hilfenhaus was trembling when he came out since the ball was worn enough for reverse swing. He managed to stay around a bit, but not for too long as in the last ball of the 61st over Flintoff yorked him with a reverse in-swinger, he didn't play it and the result was England had enforced the follow on. Ridiculous luck for the Aussies. :facepalm

Also congrats Kev on completing the Ashes, I wonder if it was a bit hard for you at all? :sarcasm

Attachments

• Ashes 2009 1st test I2 Summary.JPG
    Ashes 2009 1st test I2 Summary.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Quick question:

Has anyone scored or had scored off of their bowling any leg byes?

I have only been playing the game for a week or so. Really enjoy playing on normal difficulty but feel that I need to step up to the plate and try a few games on hard. Last game I played was Eng v NZ in a 50 over match. I batted for nearly 42 overs and scored 242, then had NZ all out for 96.

Broad got 5 for 28 and got a wicket type where the batsman played a forward defensive shot, Inside edged onto pad and the ball trickled along the ground and just dislodged the off bail.

Thoughts on Ashes Cricket 09

I had a great time playing Ashes Cricket 2009. I couldnt play it well for the first three days but after getting used to it. I had a blast playing it. The offline Gameplay improved my batting a lot. I did 502 in 20 overs its my best score so far. The online playability improved my bowling a lot. I beated many players there except some toppers. Its a good game no doubt after a long time

Despite the pounding Mitchell Johnson received today from Virendra Sehwag, he was my Champion bowler in the Ashes 09, claiming 46 wickets (normal mode).
Batting was too easy on normal. Simon Katich the highest run getter in the series and Michael Clark the worst performer.

I somehow find taking wickets with left armers more easier than the right armers.
Nathan Hauritz's first over determines whether he'll take any wickets or not, if taken one in first, he is bound to get couple more (if left :D)

Well, after being introduced to this wonderful sport of cricket by my physical therapist (he recommended I play and do cricket workouts as part of rehab for my back), I watched a match and was hooked. I was thrilled to learn there was actually a game on the PC, so I picked up Ashes 09 and went to work.

After a couple extremely poor efforts and many, many times through the batting and bowling tutorials, I finally have my first win!

Last night I was England and played against the West Indies in a ODI. I won the toss and elected to bowl first, as I somehow seem more comfortable batting when I know what score I need to beat. I am also significantly better bowling than batting at this point. I bowled them all out for 93, as I registered 2 run outs and 8 catches. I cannot bowl a wicket to save my life, but that is an entirely different thread.

My turn to come to bat full of confidence as I came flying out of the gate (for me anyhow, haha) at 41 / 2. My 3rd batsmen came in (believe it was Flintoff I put in there) and just scorched the ball and ended up getting me up to 71 before he got out. After scraping together runs here and there, I ended up on 81 / 4 before they brought a spinner in. Disaster! I just couldn't do anything with him and the next spinner and ended up on 89 / 9!! Staring defeat in the face, my very last hitter managed to blast a couple of 4s for the win. Nerve wracking to be sure, and a terrible performance vs. the spinners, but I am in the win column finally!

This is a wonderful game that I am still learning the ins and outs of, but winning sure feels better than losing!

Well, after being introduced to this wonderful sport of cricket by my physical therapist (he recommended I play and do cricket workouts as part of rehab for my back), I watched a match and was hooked. I was thrilled to learn there was actually a game on the PC, so I picked up Ashes 09 and went to work.

After a couple extremely poor efforts and many, many times through the batting and bowling tutorials, I finally have my first win!

Last night I was England and played against the West Indies in a ODI. I won the toss and elected to bowl first, as I somehow seem more comfortable batting when I know what score I need to beat. I am also significantly better bowling than batting at this point. I bowled them all out for 93, as I registered 2 run outs and 8 catches. I cannot bowl a wicket to save my life, but that is an entirely different thread.

My turn to come to bat full of confidence as I came flying out of the gate (for me anyhow, haha) at 41 / 2. My 3rd batsmen came in (believe it was Flintoff I put in there) and just scorched the ball and ended up getting me up to 71 before he got out. After scraping together runs here and there, I ended up on 81 / 4 before they brought a spinner in. Disaster! I just couldn't do anything with him and the next spinner and ended up on 89 / 9!! Staring defeat in the face, my very last hitter managed to blast a couple of 4s for the win. Nerve wracking to be sure, and a terrible performance vs. the spinners, but I am in the win column finally!

This is a wonderful game that I am still learning the ins and outs of, but winning sure feels better than losing!

Welcome! Nice to see you are enjoying it so much and hope all is well with your health!:)

Won the first test. Katich made a great 74 off 139 balls with a good 31 off 46 balls from Ponting. Broad was the best bowler for his 3 wickets (also less expensive than Anderson) Michael Hussey as expected went out first ball yorked for a duck. Marcus North's result would have been the same but it was a no-ball. Paine didn't last too long, mistiming led to a catch and bowled by Broad. Johnson was next and he was out for lofting the shot and getting carelessly caught. Katich was finally dismissed with a great in-swinging bowl that led to hitting the stumps. Siddle stayed well out there but was soon LBW by Harmison. Lee was lbw'ed with the classic yorker and Hilfenhaus was the survivor.

Unlocks: Eden Park Stadium (Auckland), Sydney Cricket Ground (Sydney)

Attachments

• Ashes 2009 1st test victory.JPG
    Ashes 2009 1st test victory.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 31
Now i am really enjoying ASHES 2009 than ever.
What i did is i replaced one poor player from squad & renamed to my name. I assigned all skills to 50 points. match stats as 00 .I replaced one of the player from squad & i am playing as a new player. Great thing about this game is stats gets updated regularly. In this way i am able to play Career mode. I should thank Colin for his player editor.

Users who are viewing this thread