How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I wouldn't say I'm too good at it. Most of my shots are poorly timed, maybe lucky.

End of Day 1.

Dropped Katich twice in the 3rd over but got him in the 6th. Starting to get the hang of catching now, although since the patches I still don't think they've held onto a single catch in the orange.
Highlight so far was getting Punter for a 9 ball duck.

endd1.jpg

Last edited:
ok But have you created any players before like onions trott denly bresnan and paine. And do you know if any of the playersa abopve will be on the patch?

Na i didnt bother creating any of the players you mentioned, just not the same is it, but you know im like that lol.

And as i know of when i last asked about the players being added in patch im pretty damm sure no players will be added for licence reasons i think, if that was what you meant. :D

Giggs11 added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

What will I do without him in the next test!!

94/1. Sounds like a realistic score. Hopefully the convicts will put up a decent fight this time around, with a smaller total to aim for.

why wont you have big fred in next test??

Giggs11 added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Whatever. The effect is the same.
Kev is playing as England and seems a bit too good at this game. I have some good news to give to him at some point.

What do you mean by ''i have some good news to give to him at some point''??

You haven't played with the patch.

Ah, I see.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I wouldn't say I'm too good at it. Most of my shots are poorly timed, maybe lucky.

End of Day 1.

Dropped Katich twice in the 3rd over but got him in the 6th. Starting to get the hang of catching now, although since the patches I still don't think they've held onto a single catch in the orange.
Highlight so far was getting Punter for a 9 ball duck.

endd1.jpg

That scorecard doesn't look very promising to me. Batsmen still scoring at a too higher strike rate plus they are 5 down inside 40 overs, i mean this aint a pro40 match its a test if I am correct.

What do you mean by ''i have some good news to give to him at some point''??

What it says. I have good news for those who find the game too easy which I will give him (them) at some point.

That scorecard doesn't look very promising to me. Batsmen still scoring at a too higher strike rate plus they are 5 down inside 40 overs, i mean this aint a pro40 match its a test if I am correct.

Kev's games aren't typical. Check out some of the other recent scorecards in the thread.

What it says. I have good news for those who find the game too easy which I will give him (them) at some point.

Kev's games aren't typical. Check out some of the other recent scorecards in the thread.

Can you say what the good news is for people finding it easy??:)

I have and they also show batsmen with a too higher strike rate. And also I have never come across the AI scoring over 300 let alone 400 or 500.

I'm guessing Colin has news that in the final installment the game will be harder or something like that.

God bless if it is.

Yes i also thought this just wanted to double check with confirmation. :D

If this is so it woud be great as the difficulty of the game can be a big issue with many people such as myself.

why wont you have big fred in next test??
As near as the rosters allow, I'm playing each game with the players who played in real life. Hoping Broad is better than he is in this match for me!

No sooner that I had posted that i never take catches in orange, Prior baggs Haddin and I'm certain I pressed the button while still orange.

Now if only I could find a way to blame AC09 for me never winning the lottery ;)

Australia definitely played more positively in response to the lower total.

Here's North's spider at 50

fred3.jpg

Once I got him (which to be honest, I didn't think I was going to), it was pretty much curtains, although Hilfenhaus did well. Getting some luck with swing towards the end of the innings too.

fred2.jpg

fred1.jpg

Not a big lead for me then. If I do as poorly as I started out last time could be close.

Last edited:
Na i didnt bother creating any of the players you mentioned, just not the same is it, but you know im like that lol.

And as i know of when i last asked about the players being added in patch im pretty damm sure no players will be added for licence reasons i think, if that was what you meant. :D

Did you create any players and if you did who did you create

As near as the rosters allow, I'm playing each game with the players who played in real life. Hoping Broad is better than he is in this match for me!

No sooner that I had posted that i never take catches in orange, Prior baggs Haddin and I'm certain I pressed the button while still orange.

Now if only I could find a way to blame AC09 for me never winning the lottery ;)

Australia definitely played more positively in response to the lower total.

Here's North's spider at 50

fred3.jpg

Once I got him (which to be honest, I didn't think I was going to), it was pretty much curtains, although Hilfenhaus did well. Getting some luck with swing towards the end of the innings too.

fred2.jpg

fred1.jpg

Not a big lead for me then. If I do as poorly as I started out last time could be close.

Ok the AI are scoring slightly slower but its still a score lower than 300 as usual.

Yes i was also thinking when the 360 patch arrives i will start an ashes series with the original team line up which participated in each real life ashes test, i reckon mixing it up a little should make it more difficult and well just overall more fun and enjoyable

Ok the AI are scoring slightly slower but its still a score lower than 300 as usual.
In the first test they scored 350 something in their first innings, no scorecard posted though.

@ashey

i didnt bother creating any players lol you??
just waiting for 360 patch cant wait.

Users who are viewing this thread