How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I have found normal to be quite good for ODI and T20 cricket on 360. My only niggle is the fall of wickets, test cricket, the run rate keeps around 4-6 an over.

Is there an updated editor out where i can get stats to create players on my xbox 360?

Hey guys I just resumed the 2nd test of my 2 match test series against sri lanka in colombo playing as New Zealand. Already being 1-0 up in the series i won the toss on the first day and happily chos eto Bat. I chose an understrength team as I wanted to give some of the newer players ago and work on there test match averages. The team is:

J.How
T.McIntosh
M.Guptill
R.Taylor
J.Ryder
N.Broom
B.McCullum
N.McCullum
D.Vettori
I.Butler
M.Gillespe
E.Thompson

On Day one I was able to bat through too a mssive score of 508 all out off 85 overs which was a really good effort as im only looking to bat once in this match.

Guptill 183
N.McCullum 124
N.Broom 53

I then had 5 overs at Sri lanka where M.Gillespe picked up 2 quick wickets to have them 2/24 at stumps in reply.

A solid start too day 2 by New Zealand Has sri lanka in huge trouble at 80/5 with butler garbbing 2 and vettori 1. But a steady partinship from vaas (8*) and Jayawardene (53*) has got sri lanka through to 132/5 just b4 lunch on day 2. A good come back by the sri lnakans who are looking to avoid the follow on in this match.

Got my first hat trick on hard the other day. Playing as the old enemy (England) Andrew Flintoff picked up Ricky Ponting on the last ball of his 5th over, then had Michael Clarke first ball and Shane Watson on the next two balls of his 6th over.

plaing ashes and me Eng bowled first as AUS scored 431 at a run rate of about 2.85 . my relpy was 177 all out in 63.5 overs and following on i am 5-78 of 36 overs .. with 2 days to go i am hopping to make about 400 runs and bowl them out for a 100 hehehe (playing with beta patch 1)

Just played a T20, England (me) v Pakistan (cpu). I won the toss and put Pakistan into bat, who, despite a good opening partership of 62 were restricted to 134/5 in their 20 overs.

England were reduced to 22/2, then 53/3, but a 60odd run partnership from Colly and Morgan pushed them to the brink of victory. Then Colly was superbly caught in the gully with the score on 117, Morgan went at 125, quickly followed by wright and Prior. I managed to sneak home with 2 balls to spare - 135/7. Great stuff. Playing with beta patch 1 btw.

I know this game has it's flaws but I still enjoy it probably more than any other I've played over the past 10 years or so. If only we had an editor to change the default AI fields I'd be as happy as a pig in the smelly stuff.

Attachments

• summary.jpg
    summary.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
Yea but the problem there is you are using the patch with more than 90% of the people cannot use because of being on console.

We will eventually get to use the patch, it will just cost us another 40 pounds and be called Ashes 10/11

Xbox 360 Patch

Is there a patch coming out for the 360, sorry I'm a bit lost with this patch stuff.

Hey guys just an update on my test match i am playing.

2ND test between nz and sri lanka. me (nz).

NZ 1st Innings: 508 all out
Sri Lanka 181 all out (M.Jayamwardne 90)

Dan vettori did not enforce the follow on so in the 2nd session of day 2 new zealand are 9/0 trying to get a lead that is well over 500 so they can use there spinners on days 3 and 4 too rap up this test match.

Jamie How and Martin Guptill are the not out batsman.

Looking good for a 2-0 series win.

I just played someone who picked really really slow bowlers and I must admitt, I lost three or four wickets as a result. I made 97 in 10 overs.
I bowled all but one of his batsmen out using conventunal bowlers. When he was on his last wicket I selected the incredably slow Luke Wright to bowl. First ball, out LBW!!!
Sweet!!

Hi folks,
I've been trying to get into this game but the one thing that's ruining it for me is that I find it almost impossible to see the (red) ball after I've hit it. Ok, I don't have a high def tv but my eyesight's fine! Is anyone else having this problem or am I just getting too old to play computer games?:eek:
Thanks!

The camera angles in the game are pathetic. A semi-concious mentally retarded baboon would have designed better ones. Its not just you mate.

Just played a game in Ashes 09 after months now.

And got owned xD

India (me) vs NZ, 20/20 Exhibition match in Brisbane, hard mode. Won the toss and chose to bat.

Freakin' Muccullum :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread