How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

I'm think the new patch is pretty good on normal mode for me for ODI and T20's as it is close to a realistic game. Test Match still isn't realistic as my opponents get out within 40 overs.

The last game I played (NZ vs. Aus - T20), I batted first and scored 173/8 with my created player top scoring with 65. Doug Bollinger took 3 wickets.

Australia batted and in the 20 overs, they scored 165/7 so it was a very close match. Michael Clarke top scored with 60. Shane Bond took 3 wickets in their innings

The developers have done a great job improving the patch.

I wish I could play online with the patch as I get bugs without the patch when starting up the game (It takes 10 minutes just to get to the menu screen and freezes alot when scrolling through the menu.) It would have been great if Trickstar Games (previously Transmission Games) could have completed the patch.

I almost completed the whole game a long ago...

I break all the record of fastest century, half century, double century and also scored 400+ runs with Gambhir in test.
I completed all the challenges and lesson.
Once I got Australia out for 78 in Ashes and I once also score just 102 runs in 3 over but a virus attack on my computer ruined all my progress atleast 5-6 months ago and my Gamepad is also corrupted so i bought gamepad after a long time yesterday and i wonder why it doesn't work bcoz it detect my gamepad but nothing happens when i press the gamepad keys.
I bought this game on 29 Aug,2009.

Decided to get my moneys worth for the game and have started an Ashes series. One thing I've noticed that really annoys me is the repition of the people talking in the crowd. Can't remember the exact phrase but there is one bit said that just gets on my last nerve!

Decided to get my moneys worth for the game and have started an Ashes series. One thing I've noticed that really annoys me is the repition of the people talking in the crowd. Can't remember the exact phrase but there is one bit said that just gets on my last nerve!

Something about Brian if I remember correctly! And someone either laughing or burping at the end!!!

It seems very strange that though I played AC 09 madly and play way too many games. Dutch you were on my friend list and we never played a single game.... Would love to play with you some day :)

Why is bowling so difficult on this game? It's ridiculous. Made 424 in my first innings, come to bowl and my first 2 overs go for 20 so I switched it off. I just can't bowl for ████. I remember I once made about 90 in a 5 over game against the AI and they chased it down!

I just bought this game a couple of days ago from Steam--$6.79 was too cheap to pass up. I realize that I won't be able to install the beta patch, but already this game has been a lot better than any of the cricket games of the last decade. It's a shame I waited this long to get it!

The thing I like the best is that (thus far) I've not found any of the absolutely silly bugs in Cricket 07 that could have been avoided but for laziness. Simple things such as the run rate taking account the number of balls bowled in the current over instead of just the total completed overs.

Guys i just downloaded this game (PC) a couple of days ago......and i need some help :help

1. This is a really stupid question but how exactly do we time the shots while playing fast bowlers???? i am able to play all other bowlers pretty well but i keep getting out to these fast bowlers......:crying:crying
I just need to know what exact keys i should be pressing (for attacking shots) and also when to press it(timing) :help

2. How should i load a particular roster ??:(

Guys i just downloaded this game (PC) a couple of days ago......and i need some help :help

1. This is a really stupid question but how exactly do we time the shots while playing fast bowlers???? i am able to play all other bowlers pretty well but i keep getting out to these fast bowlers......:crying:crying
I just need to know what exact keys i should be pressing (for attacking shots) and also when to press it(timing) :help

2. How should i load a particular roster ??:(

By 'downloaded', you do of course mean 'bought online', yes? ;) If not, you'll get no help here.

Online Play In Ashes Game Is Not Good Particularly Againt Fast Bowler It Stuck Before The Ball Is Delivered And We Gets Out Very Cheaply :crying

I'm think the new patch is pretty good on normal mode for me for ODI and T20's as it is close to a realistic game. Test Match still isn't realistic as my opponents get out within 40 overs.

The last game I played (NZ vs. Aus - T20), I batted first and scored 173/8 with my created player top scoring with 65. Doug Bollinger took 3 wickets.

Australia batted and in the 20 overs, they scored 165/7 so it was a very close match. Michael Clarke top scored with 60. Shane Bond took 3 wickets in their innings

The developers have done a great job improving the patch.

I wish I could play online with the patch as I get bugs without the patch when starting up the game (It takes 10 minutes just to get to the menu screen and freezes alot when scrolling through the menu.) It would have been great if Trickstar Games (previously Transmission Games) could have completed the patch.

New patch? Which one is that mate?

See guys, I just played 2 games and 1st one was on easy one and 2nd was on normal mode. Both sucked!

I am gonna try the hard one now but strangely ALL GM bats and gloves has gone black...I did use some player kit stuff from Download forum. Its cause of that?

Users who are viewing this thread