How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

The camera angles in the game are pathetic. A semi-concious mentally retarded baboon would have designed better ones. Its not just you mate.

lol cheers mate - that makes me feel a bit better! seems incredible nobody picked up on it during playtesting (assuming they bothered with that) :facepalm

dhg2n5.jpg

on hard mode. It just shows how pathetic the game is, you can just keep slogging.

This game was like a red-headed stepchild; kind of mistreated, kind of neglected. It could have so easily been nurtured into a great game. A shame really.

Mmm, I have starting playing Ashes 09 again after abandoning it a time a go, particularly because of the AI fielding, which makes the game unplayable. However I have started a test series England against Bangladesh and was pleasantly surprised at the amount t of enjoyment the game gave me. Bangladesh have set England a target of 468: it is the first session of day four. Not bad, not bad at all.

Mmm, I have starting playing Ashes 09 again after abandoning it a time a go, particularly because of the AI fielding, which makes the game unplayable. However I have started a test series England against Bangladesh and was pleasantly surprised at the amount t of enjoyment the game gave me. Bangladesh have set England a target of 468: it is the first session of day four. Not bad, not bad at all.

How did you manage to stretch out the match to Day 4? Hopefully by not blocking for 50 overs in a row :p

Yea Ive found the only way to strech matches past day 2 is to bat for 150 overs yourself, I always bowl the CPU out within 30-40 overs even without trying :facepalm

Come on Codies let us choose the number of overs in a session!

Yea Ive found the only way to strech matches past day 2 is to bat for 150 overs yourself, I always bowl the CPU out within 30-40 overs even without trying :facepalm

Come on Codies let us choose the number of overs in a session!

istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg

That can't just be it, because I have tried that and you can still score well over 150 Strike rate by picking the gaps for 4.

Were you intentionally leaving balls and trying to extend the playtime or were you playing normally (execpt lofts) and it actually went to day 4?

hMarka added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Also anyone else think that AC09 missed something by never allowing the ball to beat the bat? That is a huge part of cricket, in AC09 its dead edge or shot, never seen a ball beat the bat

That can't just be it, because I have tried that and you can still score well over 150 Strike rate by picking the gaps for 4.

Were you intentionally leaving balls and trying to extend the playtime or were you playing normally (execpt lofts) and it actually went to day 4?

Also anyone else think that AC09 missed something by never allowing the ball to beat the bat? That is a huge part of cricket, in AC09 its dead edge or shot, never seen a ball beat the bat

Yeah I did, and I kind of asked them that in the Q&A. Faint edges through to the keeper, and appealing to the umpire for the nick, happens in just about every match.

Were you intentionally leaving balls and trying to extend the playtime or were you playing normally (except lofts) and it actually went to day 4?

Well I have had the ball pass the bat on many occasions and been out to perfect defensive shots as well.

I play by ignoring many of the field settings. I know it sounds stupid and I shouldn't have to do it but i imagine the AI actually setting a more realistic field than they often do: sop basically many of the gaps aren't there: if I do hit through a gap that is actually covered by one of my imaginary fielders, i don't run! (God I am such a sad lettuce sometimes. What ever happened to my life!) Anyway it is the only way for me to get enjoyable games, which to be fair I do.

Thats not sad at all dutchy, infact its great to hear that you can still entertain yourself with your imagination.

"A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. "
Huxley, Aldous

Users who are viewing this thread