How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Certainly I have found it harder to bowl out sides since using the beta patches. Mind you they still follow a similar pattern. Openers seem to be patient, then you get the middle order who seem to panic, followed by the tail who just implode. I haven't played much limited over stuff since the patches, I'm going to stick to tests for the moment

I'm definitely finding it hard to bowl sides out and what is frustrating is that the wickets you do get still aren't quite there. Great to have more bowleds but not so great they're bowled not playing a shot most the time (not every player is Mike Hussey).
I also find that I bat really poorly against spin. As I said a few pages back Pietersen and Swann bowled me out for 170 (after being 120/2) and England are 150/3 in reply.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
but lets not forget that the improvements are massive from original and well from the feedback im reading it sounds great and also im sure there will be improvements in final patch sooo my hopes are high and just cant wait for the 360 patch sometime this month i think, not sure if thats changed

:D

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
need a lesson for playing the spinners :doh
score of last match, before spinner 71/1 after that over, 71/4:crying

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm definitely finding it hard to bowl sides out and what is frustrating is that the wickets you do get still aren't quite there. Great to have more bowleds but not so great they're bowled not playing a shot most the time (not every player is Mike Hussey).

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Australia's reply - It's a shame they aren't all Hussey in this innings!

bat.jpg

bwl.jpg

Hughes - Trying to defend absolutely plum.
Katich - Trying to drive the ball straight
Punter, Clarke, Hauritz and Hilfenhaus - All no shot
North - No shot, dropped him the ball before
Haddin - Edge to slip
Johnson - Played defensively inside the line
Siddle - Tried to play one off his hips

They'll be following on, lets see if I can finish this match off inside 2 days.

I also find that I bat really poorly against spin.
Glad it's not just me then. Guess spinners are just too good in the game.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
They spin it too far too early. I think maybe edges carry more as fielders are nearer.

Think I need some bowling tips from you Kev. AI is still making 300+ against me.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Well I've only played these 2 Ashes tests since the patch and in all fairness in the other 2 innings they got half decent scores.

Only tip I can give is don't try and land the ball in the yellow areas all the time. Also don't try and deliver every single ball perfectly.

Oh and the straight delivery is king.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Really? I hardly ever use the straight one. Starting straight and going on or starting swinging/seaming and going straight?
I tend to try 3 outswingers then 1 inswinger etc or with the spinners 3 or 4 that turn and 1 that goes straight on. It really annoys me that computer almost always picks the slower ball and slogs it though.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I never have any luck with your tactic of outswingers followed by an inswinger. Just pretty much use the stock straight ball. Mainly because whenever I try and use swing I go for too many runs.

Did I get the Aussies out and finish the match inside 2 days? I hear you cry

win1.jpg

win2.jpg

Just!

Katich - LBW coming around the wicket. (Had a similar delivery turned down, so perhaps a bit unlucky)
Hughes - Bowled playing an attacking shot
Hussey - Caught Cover
Punter - caught off a short ball at cover
North - Bowled playing a defensive shot
Haddin - bowled playing an attacking shot
Johnson - Caught behind off KP's first ball. Feel a bit bad about this, it was the only over of spin.
Hauritz - Bowled he tried to smack one back over the bowlers head and was a tad ambitious ;)
Clarke - Caught playing the cut shot
Hilfenhaus - Caught at 2nd Slip.

T20

Panel of Selectors
Day 2: Unfortunately no such story for India as they were bowled out for a petty 109 after being 4 for 1 at one stage. :eek:

cricket2009200910101641.jpg

WI v Ind (me) Day 1: one of the best recoveries I've seen from AI thanks to a superb knock by Chanderpaul. WI were 6 for 99 at one stage.

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
3rd Ashes Test. I'm not doing to well here :)

Lost the toss and was inserted. Lost Strauss first ball. Stupidly lost Bellend last ball of the session trying to club Johnson over cow corner. With my legendary tail end batting skills, I'd take 200 now.

3rdtestlunch1.jpg

Last edited:

T20

Panel of Selectors
WI v India: India are set 389 to win after the seamers did well to restrict WI to 254 in the second innings. Ishant surprised plenty of fans to get his 2nd 5 wicket haul of the match. With plenty of time remaining, it could get interesting if India better their effort in first innings and get some partnerships going.

cricket2009200910110908.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
WI v India: India are set 389 to win after the seamers did well to restrict WI to 254 in the second innings. Ishant surprised plenty of fans to get his 2nd 5 wicket haul of the match. With plenty of time remaining, it could get interesting if India better their effort in first innings and get some partnerships going.

Keep the updates coming mate!....Alot of the threads have gone quiet everyone just waiting for the release!!

Users who are viewing this thread