ICC 09: County Championship Big Auction

But then couldn't you just sign everyone with an English contract first round?

What's the point though? They'd all bugger off for England duty and there'd be no point having them?

Very true. I tried that, but first they were all off at the IPL, then they were with England against the Windies, followed by the T20 and the Ashes. Really not the best option.

Ah. Yes that's a good point. Didn't think that through :p

Is it just me, or do players never leave the IPL? Signed Bopara and he's always 'overseas'.

That happens for some players but normally doesn't last too long...

Just out of interest, how did you manage to remove everyone from their teams chappers?

Downloaded an editor, loaded every single player and gave them all 0 year contracts.

Ah I didn't realise that would work. Thanks :)

No - I don't have 2010, and I'm going to get Cricket Coach 2011

Bit of a bump, I'm doing a story with this. I got rid of England contracts and axed all of the kolpaks. It was Hedger who noticed first, so I thought that I might as well tell all of you ICC buffs in case you want to see how well it works.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...way-glory-tony-penberthy-interview-73242.html

I notice a few people are complaining about the IPL, that it loses their interest because no local players are playing for their team any more. As I commented in the thread for this story, I know how they feel. It's thoroughly disconcerting (and for me personally, not in a good way :)) to see county sides composed entirely of other counties' players.

The overall concept, however, and the effort/insight it took to get the game to let you do it, I find thoroughly commendable.

Has anyone seen something like this for 2010?

Users who are viewing this thread