Story ICC 2006- Lancashire 2009: Journey To The Top- (FC Match) Lancs- 36/3

Thanks for the replies, guys. Should I continue this story? I haven't seen a lot of replies so far and thus thought that people weren't interested- But maybe I'll get the story going again.

The Blazer said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. Should I continue this story? I haven't seen a lot of replies so far and thus thought that people weren't interested- But maybe I'll get the story going again.
Story threads don't always get the kind of response they should. But don't let that bog you down. I say keep it going. You're obviously putting a lot of hard work in it.

The Blazer said:

Mate,You continue this great story ... I observe u put lot of hard work on it... so continue mate...

Keep the good work going.... :happy

Thanks for all the support, guys. I think I'll be going on with this story but instead of continuing on with Pakistan, I'll start fresh with Lancashire. The year will be 2007 and I'll go through the whole season (i.e. County Championship, Natwest Trophy, Twenty20 Cup and Pro40). This time around I'll be hoping to improve on my presentation as I've been messing about with Photoshop and since I signed Afridi for Lancs for the new season, I decided to experiment a bit. Here's a sneak peak of what you can expect...

Afridi-Lancs2.jpg
Shahid Afridi smashes one over the top for the first maximum of the day.

Afridi-Lancs1.jpg
Shahid Afridi appeals successfully to grab another crucial wicket.

You go for it, the Pakistan one looked interesting, this should be good.

Afridi could be a big signing, who else do u have?

Banner.jpg

LANCASHIRE FIRED UP FOR 2007 SEASON

200px-SkySportsNews.png

Lancashire Chairman J.Simmons has stated in a press conference that his club are 'fired up and ready to go' for the upcoming 2007 domestic season.

"After some good performances we finished second in the County Championship last year, and this year we're hoping to go one better and actually win. Our form in the limited over version of the game was poor, but we have addressed that issue and the overall team morale is quite high; we here at Lancashire are looking forward to a prosperous season."

simmons1.JPG
J. Simmons- 'Lancashire can win the County Championship this year'.

Brad Hodge has been handed the captaincy after his terrific performances last year. The Aussie has claimed that he is 'delighted with his new role'.

"It's great to be at a club like Lancashire and I've had great fun here. To be made captain is a great honour. It's of course sad to see Mark Chilton give up the position but personally I must look to the future and guide my team to success. I am of course off to World Cup in the West Indies next week and Stuart Law shall take place my place as captain for a while, but when I return- hopefully after winning the World Cup! [Laughs]-I will be completely ready to lead Lancashire to glory."

56181454.jpg
New captain Brad Hodge- Off to the World Cup with Australia.

Pakistani superstar Shahid Afridi is set to join Lancashire after his national duties with Pakistan at the World Cup. The 27 year old all-rounder is eager to play county cricket with Lancashire and guide them to a county title. Afridi made a brief visit to England to sign his contract with Lancashire before jetting off to the West Indies. Exactly how much the club are paying the breathtaking pinch-hitter for a year's services is currently undetermined, but rumour has it that it is a high-priced deal. Afridi will link up with Lancashire after the World Cup along with international stars Andrew Flintoff, Jimmy Anderson, Sajid Mahmood and Brad Hodge.

2004-05-18__sports01.jpg
Shahid Afridi poses for photos after signing his contract at Old Trafford.

Last edited:
Good luck for Lancashire and also to Afridi too!!! :happy

Good signing in Afridi and good luck with this story! And don't let a low number of replies discourage you.

Plenty of big names in that side I think Lancashire should do well, especially in the twenty20.

Hi The Blazer,

This is a fantastic story. If you wish to enter it for Planetcricket's Story of the Month competition, click here. Now you can win 200 vCash points.

The deadline for entries is 4/10/2006 (0000 hrs BST)

Regards,
[Name of Moderator]
Planetcricket.NET

300px-Cwc.gif

200px-SkySportsNews.png

WITH THE ENGLISH COUNTY SEASON STARTING IN JUST A FEW DAYS, SKY SPORTS HAS A LOOK AT WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE WORLD CUP IN THE WEST INDIES.

9th April 2007

AUSTRALIA VS SCOTLAND The opening match of the ICC World Cup 2007 tournament saw the world champions, Australia take on the newcomers, Scotland. On a warm, sunny day a weak-looking Scotland XI won the toss and decided to bat first.

Brett Lee got the early breakthrough as D. Watts mistimed a shot straight into Gillispie's hands. K. Coetzer (60) and M. Sheikh (41) were the only batsmen to offer any resistance as the Scottish batting order fell apart to the excellent Aussie pace attack; Shane Watson was the pick of the bowlers with excellent figures of 5-39.

WC1a.jpg

With Australia needing only 178 runs to win, Scotland came back strong by dismissing Hussey, Jaques and Ponting within the first ten overs. After this however it was the Aussies all the way as Matthew Hayden (90*) and A. Arlott (58*) guided their team to the finish line; Australia winning easily by seven wickets.

WC1b.jpg

- Lancashire's Brad Hodge didn't make the Australian XI and is rumoured to be quite unhappy at not getting a game, but is eager that he'll get his chance later on in the tournament.

WC1.jpg

SRI LANKA VS BANGLADESH The second match of the ICC World Cup 2007 tournament saw the mighty Sri Lanka take on Bangladesh. On a green, uneven pitch Sri Lanka won the toss and put Bangladesh in to bat.

Boteju and Vaas both struck in the first two overs of the game as S. Nafees and H. Bashar were dismissed for low scores. Bangladesh were in a lot of trouble until M. Islam (61*) came to the crease and guided his team to a weak 190.

WC2a.jpg

Sri Lanka were expecting an easy win but got a nasty shock as the top three were blasted away before the team total reached double figures. S. Jayasuriya was the only batsman to seem good at the crease but his gritty 51 was not good enough to guide Sri Lanka to victory. M. Islam (4-40) and M Rahman (3-22) were the key bowlers as they totally demolished the Sri Lankan batting order.

WC2b.jpg

WC2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread