ICC 2006 Online One-Day Cup (Week 2) (Group Stages)

Hamish

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone, I'm proposing that we establish an online OD Cup featuring 10 Planet cricket members. Of course, we use the online play feature to play each match.

Here are the basic rules:

- There will be 10 members, each with their own different county team

- If this tournament kicks off, I will post fixtures, and the 2 members who are playing the match can either decide a time on that day to play their match, and if they do not end up playing, they will be given extra time, otherwise 2 other teams will automatically advance into the next round

- Both opposing members will send screenshots of the match to me ([email protected]), which I will post in the thread. This is to ensure that no one cheats.

Well if anyone is interested, please post with your Online Username and Team (unless the team is already taken)

1. Hampshire - aus5892 (aus5892) (Oceania/Asia)
2. Lancashire - thE.ConQurer (chitkaar) (Oceania/Asia)
3. Worcestershire - Worcestershire-Royals (Gray Nicolls) (UK)
4. Warwickshire - WBears (PhilD123)
5. Yorkshire - nathj (nathj) (UK)
6. Somerset - zub's Somerset XI (zub2005) (UK)

PS: Does anyone know if ICC 06 users can play online against 05 users? If they can't, then I may have a problem

Attachments

• Groups.JPG
    Groups.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Online name: thE.ConQuRer

Team: Lancashire

one question for now: my game often crashes while playing and the system considers it as disqalified. happens every time i try to play with certain players. it already cost me huge amount of points. so i was wondering what would be the rule if a players gets disconnected in the middle of a match or at the beginning?

i'll post my team details and stats later.

very good initiative, harmish. hope it'll work out unlike the online clans.

Last edited:
Sounds fun, I'll take the mighty hampshire thanks! I'll make my name aus5892 to avoid confusion

Hamish said:
Hey everyone, I'm proposing that we establish an online OD Knockout Cup featuring 16 Planet cricket members. Of course, we use the online play feature to play each match.

Here are the basic rules:

- There will be 16 members, each with their own different county team

- If this tournament kicks off, I will post fixtures, and the 2 members who are playing the match can either decide a time on that day to play their match, and if they do not end up playing, they will be given extra time, otherwise 2 other teams will automatically advance into the next round

- Both opposing members will send screenshots of the match to me ([email protected]), which I will post in the thread. This is to ensure that no one cheats.

Well if anyone is interested, please post with your Online Username and Team (unless the team is already taken)

Here are the 18 county teams, the last 2 that no one has signed up for will be taken out:

1. Derbyshire
2. Durham
3. Essex - Hamish
4. Glamorgan
5. Gloucestershire
6. Hampshire
7. Kent
8. Lancashire
9. Leicestershire
10. Middlesex
11. Northamptonshire
12. Nottinghamshire
13. Somerset
14. Surrey
15. Sussex
16. Warwickshire
17. Worcestershire
18. Yorkshire

PS: Does anyone know if ICC 06 users can play online against 05 users? If they can't, then I may have a problem
I don't think so, maybe you could get the demo at the right time?

I have both ICC 2005 AND 2006, and if I go to Online Play with both at the same time, I see different users, so unfortunately it won't work out.

And I'll just sign up for this.

Team: Surrey

Online Name: Surrey786

I have tried, and now I'm pretty sure that ICC 06 cannot play 05. That's a shame...

If there arent enough 06 players, then be cut down to 8, and if that isnt possible, I can arrange a round robin. If we end up with an odd number, or something that isnt 16 or 8, I can make it into some kind of playoff, and the a round robin. Either way, Ill have a solution.

The answer to chitkaar's question: Don't worry about disconnecting. If that happens, and ur opposition agrees (he should, unless he is evil), you will have enough time to play a rematch.

The points for ur team are not used in the tournament, so if u lose points becuase u disconnected, it won't matter

Note: This tournament is now ICC 2006 only, unless we find a solution

I'll be Worcestershire. I haven't got an online name yet I'm just making the account and then I'll tell you.

chitkaar said:
i forgot to ask a very basic question. what are the prizes? :D

Well, i unfortunately dont have prizes to give.

Maybe the person who win gets reps from every1 who played, runner up gets reps from everyone who he beat (1/2 the members), and I give reps to 3rd place (there is a 3rd place playoff)

And everyone who has signed up so far is in, its good to see this tourney has gained some popularity.

Users who are viewing this thread