ICC 2006 Trial

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Developers Childish Things have released a Trial of their latest cricket management game International Cricket Captain 2006 with commentary included. They released this:

Childish Things said:
Set yourself the ultimate cricket management challenge with International Cricket Captain 2006. Build and hone your perfect team and play them in matches across the cricketing world. Play from a full calendar of international test matches to the full English domestic season and more ? you?re in complete control!

Prepare the pitch, bowl over or around the wicket and choose to watch the action ball-by-ball or over-by-over. Experience the highs and lows of international cricket management with Cricket Captain 2006, based on a comprehensive and up-to-date database featuring statistics for every first class cricketer in the test playing nations.

What's more, you can challenge your friends to matches online and score rating points in our online league.

Once again superb commentary is provided by the BBC's Jonathan Agnew.

Better yet, you can download Cricket Captain 2006 and try it out for free!

The Trial can be downloaded from their official website. Have fun, and post reviews too!

I'm not downloading this till tommorow, does it still have the same Softwrap or whatever technology that only allows you to play the trial until 12 that night?

Looks interesiting, i hope you can edit stuff this time. Im gonna download later tonight, so i get 2 full days from the softwrap.

If you're so concerned about getting 2 full days out of it just set your clock to 12:01 before you install it

What are the addons of ICC2006 apart from ICC2005???? Does any special features included????

surendar said:
What are the addons of ICC2006 apart from ICC2005???? Does any special features included????
Database updates, and that's about it

EDIT: Ah yes, and online play

Yeah, playing the game I can't make out any updates apart from the database and online. Surely they'd have done more than this in the past year?

I have a question, couldn't they just release an Official Player Editor for the game instead of a whole new version just for databse updates??

ZoraxDoom said:
I have a question, couldn't they just release an Official Player Editor for the game instead of a whole new version just for databse updates??

They could, but only one of those makes them more money :rolleyes:

Come on, you guys are being a bit harsh here. For a start, in my opinion, its the best cricket game on the marlet, the only one that feels like cricket to me.There's not so much that would be worthwhile for them to change, with a graphical update promised in a future version.

Also, Childish Things is a very small company. Unlike giants such as EA and Codemasters, who are rolling it in, yearly updates like this are probably the difference between the company going backrupt and staying afloat. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to show my support to them by buying this update. The more sales they get, the more encouraged they will be to make drastic improvements in future versions.

No one's really slagging them off. They're still the best management game in cricket. However, releasing a new version with only database updates is a bit feeble.

FreddieFan said:
Come on, you guys are being a bit harsh here. For a start, in my opinion, its the best cricket game on the marlet, the only one that feels like cricket to me.There's not so much that would be worthwhile for them to change, with a graphical update promised in a future version.

Also, Childish Things is a very small company. Unlike giants such as EA and Codemasters, who are rolling it in, yearly updates like this are probably the difference between the company going backrupt and staying afloat. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to show my support to them by buying this update. The more sales they get, the more encouraged they will be to make drastic improvements in future versions.

People have felt like that matey, and I see where you are coming from, but the most recent game where they promised an update for almost 8 months but were in reality stringing people along until the next "update" came out is what finally made a few people lose faith with them.

It also seems that the database in this new one, is more inaccurate than the last game, although I will give it a download myself and see if they have made Englands bowling attack anything like as good as it should be.

There are a couple of other changes. They've fixed the bug where ODIs aren't recorded as part of the One Day stats, and added seperate stats for Twenty20 games.

Users who are viewing this thread