ICC 6 Nations Challenge

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the ICCs new tournament for the top non-test nations (excluding Kenya). The winner gets a place in the Champions Trophy in September, facing New Zealand and Australia.

Schedule

29th February

Namibia v U.S.A. at Sharjah
Scotland v Holland at Dubai #1
Canada v U.A.E. at Dubai #2

1st March

Holland v Canada at Sharjah
Namibia v Scotland at Dubai #1
U.A.E. v U.S.A. at Dubai #2

3rd March

U.A.E. v Scotland at Sharjah
U.S.A. v Canada at Dubai #1
Holland v Namibia at Dubai #2

4th March

Scotland v Canada at Sharjah
Namibia v U.A.E. at Dubai #1
U.S.A. v Holland at Dubai #2

6th March

Holland v U.A.E. at Sharjah
Canada v Namibia at Dubai #1
Scotland v U.S.A. at Dubai #2

Unlike the Under 19 World Cup, this is one tournament Canada actually have a chance of winning! :D

N

Nirav85

dont discount holland...holland are a well talented team and namiba did well against ban....but canada do have davison who has greatly improved

plus does anyone now if this is coming on tv

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think it's on TV.

Canada are without Davison, he has not been released by South Australia.

Scotland are the only team to have current first class players (Dougie Brown and Gavin Hamilton)
Holland have players with county cricket experience.
But don't rule the USA out, they have two former test players, who have switched nationalities.

I think Scotland will probably win this one.

R

ricky123

B) sharjah stadium is just behind my house i can watch it from my roof.i play cricket on the same ground.

but dubai's ground is crap, the best ground is in abudhabi which is built by the president of uae. but it is too far from dubai,some 4 hours trip.

anyway i think they can show this on ten sports which is a dubai based channel or dubai sports ,or sharjah tv.

N

Nirav85

great ricky..do u have a hat and a long extension cord and a wb cam :lol: ....if u do put the web cam in your hat and watch the match and then stream it on the net...lol...jk

moreoveri take back my comment on canada having a chance...but andrew what r the two usa players that played tests and for who...

i still feel holland wil win...they have alot of talented players but i really do hope SA will realise davison...they have too...this is for his country...

R

ricky123

B) or can i use fraps to show u ation reply.
lol.gif
roflmao.gif

anyway i will go and check tommorow whether they r showing it on any tv channel or not

R

ricky123

B) oh sorry i remmeber my very close friend's daughter is a cabin crew in air arabia,shajah gov' airlines ,so they get 3 to 4 book lets of vip pass for the entire tournament,free

so i will be going with him.,last time i watched srilanka and pakistan,but my friend was drunk and me too ,so they threw me out of the stadium and gave my friend a whacking cuz he was muslim,

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by amir51@Feb 15 2004, 04:16 PM
but i really do hope SA will realise davison...they have too...this is for his country...
I'm afraid they don't have too. His contract with South Australia says that he can only be released for One Day Internaitonals. These matches aren't ODIs so they don't have to release him.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by nikhilverma@Feb 16 2004, 10:59 AM
Is this some sort of world cup qualification?
B) i think the world cup teams r already decided.

but who wins here will play in the champions trophy in the group A with australia and newzealand

S

squiz

wow, thinks tourney looks really good. I'd like to see the minnows of International cricket battling it out with one another

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 16 2004, 11:31 AM
wow, thinks tourney looks really good. I'd like to see the minnows of International cricket battling it out with one another
B) but what i really want to see is the team which qualifys from here.wins against aus or newzealand, :D that would be cool.

f0bstyle

Club Cricketer
I hope USA wins, it will show that we are not all about baseball here. not to mention, a good showing by the US national team could go ways in creating greater interest in the game here. THink of the 94 world cup, when no one cared about soccer here....now soccer is getting popular here, hopefully the same can happen with cricket

Users who are viewing this thread