Maharoof....lbw b Watson 22
Vaas.....c Ponting b Bracken 2
Muralitharan ....Not Out 17
Malinga....b McGrath 1
Zoysa b Watson 3

SRI LANKA WERE 231-ALL OUT ( 43ovs) Atapattu 83, Watson 5-36

Australia Beat Sri Lanka By 46 Runs

Summary :

Australia claimed the ICC trophy after a 46 run win ,after winning the toss skipper Ponting had a bat and after a shakey start Damien Martyn in his last apperance before retirement went out on a high with a splendid 64 , captain Ponting weighed in with a 55 ,the Sri Lankan bowlers worked hard and 277 was the total to chase.
The Sri Lankan innings went all wrong from the start when opener Upal Tharanga was caught behind off McGrath 4th ball for 1 meaning man of the moment Jayawarnde was out at the crease long before he had anticipated and he looked a man uner pressure slowly getting to 12 before geeing a thin edge off Lee to Gilchrist ,the aussies were jubilant because they knew they had their man and cheaply as well .
Marvan Atappatu who has been in the shadows of Jayawardne this tournement quietly found his way to 50 but he desperatly needed help at the crease , a quick fire 41 from Dilshan helped them along but Shane Watson was on fire , some exellent aggresive bowling gave him figures of 5-36 and found himself the unlikely hero at the end , a 46 run win for Australia but Sri Lanka played their part and will look to build from this tournement

Been an exellent tournement , really enjoyed playing it ,many thanks for your feedback and reading my posts ,special thanks to Jaztheman for helping me out with posting ect :clap

going to start a new series/tournement straight away ,not sure what though so if someone could suggest a test/odi series , a world series ect they would like to see played, i`ll go along the same lines as the ICC trophy and post results/stories on the matches ,or even better someone give me a series to play out and i`ll return the favour and give you a series anmd we can post our outcomes .

many thanks

so come on and give me your prefrences and i`ll get started

I have enjoyed a lot in reading this though i came only late to join this! This has been a excellent story..... And good to see Aussies winning this! :clap

Regarding series, next big series may be World Cup in general or if u want to play as Aussies, u may choose Ashes and World Cup!

Or u can choose any team and continue its journey after this Champions Trophy till World cup! i.e, incase if u select Aussies, it starts from Ashes and ends in WCup!

Once again i want to tell, this has been a one of the excellent stories in this forum! Well done mate :clap

nice story baz and thanks for mentiong me;) i think it would be nice for an indian v westindes series due to the fact they are great explosiv teams:D

thanks Surendar & Jaztheman ,i`ll go for your India vs West Indies idea Jaz , how much ODI`s & Tests do you want & do you want the full scorecards or just a brief note of the results like earlier on in the ICC trophy .
Once again i`ll play as both sides ,should be a good series

i think it should be 3 tests and 5 ODI's, great effort keep the posts the same, perhaps you could include some pictures

yes you press print screen, which is next to your F12 key. Then you go into paint, for example, and press paste. it will give you what you had on the screen. you can then crop it and take the bits you want

Users who are viewing this thread