ICC Cricket Awards 2015

PokerAce

Banned
ICC Cricketer of the Year (Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy) - Steve Smith (Australia)
ICC Test Cricketer of the Year – Steve Smith (Australia)
ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year – AB de Villiers (South Africa)
ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year – Meg Lanning (Australia)
ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year – Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)
ICC T20I Performance of the Year – Faf du Plessis (South Africa) (119, 56 balls, 11x4, 5x6 – 2nd T20I vs West Indies, 11 January 2015, Johannesburg)
ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year – Josh Hazlewood (Australia)
ICC Associate/Affiliate Cricketer of the Year – Khurram Khan (UAE)
ICC Spirit of Cricket Award – Brendon McCullum (New Zealand)
ICC Umpire of the Year (David Shepherd Trophy) – Richard Kettleborough

PokerAce

Banned
^ I very very strongly disagree with the Test Cricketer of the Year Award. It just has to be Kane Williamson. The lad has a Bradmanesque average of 90.15 in tests played in 2015 after 8 tests. Smith has scored more runs, but he has played 5 more tests than Williamson. Give Williamson 5 more tests this year and no batsman would be anywhere near him.

Williamson is by far, head and above better than any batsman playing today. To not give him the Test Cricketer of the year award is just stupid on so many levels that its not funny.

Also how is Kane Williamson not the Cricket of the year?

To go with his Bradmanesque Test Form, he is also the highest run scorer in ODIs in 2015. He has excelled in both forms of the game. To be overlooked for both awards is just ICC nonsense of the highest order.

Reactions: Ohm

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
^ I very very strongly disagree with the Test Cricketer of the Year Award. It just has to be Kane Williamson. The lad has a Bradmanesque average of 90.15 in tests played in 2015 after 8 tests. Smith has scored more runs, but he has played 5 more tests than Williamson. Give Williamson 5 more tests this year and no batsman would be anywhere near him.

Williamson is by far, head and above better than any batsman playing today. To not give him the Test Cricketer of the year award is just stupid on so many levels that its not funny.

Also how is Kane Williamson not the Cricket of the year?

To go with his Bradmanesque Test Form, he is also the highest run scorer in ODIs in 2015. He has excelled in both forms of the game. To be overlooked for both awards is just ICC nonsense of the highest order.

Worth noting these awards are for the September to September period.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
The awards are always a load of bollocks, looks like it's the same in 2015 lol[DOUBLEPOST=1451130933][/DOUBLEPOST]Why don't we have awards here on the forum? One of the mods could post a list of nominees and we could vote.

Users who are viewing this thread