ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How on earth could you throw the game away so soon when you’ve got 4 overs left from Shankar and Jadhav? This is atrocious! :lol

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
Its Pakistan, isn't it? The good ol' one. Similar to the collapse v Australia.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Feel kinda bad for Shoaib Malik as he got 2 ducks in a row now, this will be his last match again India and will be retiring after world cup, I just hope he have one good innings this world cup.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
4 dot balls off Shankar, hats off to Taptaan[DOUBLEPOST=1560704573][/DOUBLEPOST]Did any one person in the entire universe not see this collapse coming?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
4 dot balls off Shankar, hats off to Taptaan[DOUBLEPOST=1560704573][/DOUBLEPOST]Did any one person in the entire universe not see this collapse coming?
I did, After Babar Azam there is not anyone in Pakistan middle order who can bat for long, Shoaib Malik have been really poor for a while now and I don't rely on Sarfaraz to finish the game.
when Pakistan top 3 batsman goes then the rest just follows with them.

Safaraz is gone as well now, 12 runs of 30 balls haha what a waste of time.

Alexei.

User Title Purchaser
PAK...
NZ....
LQ
QG
Sydney Thunder
CT17
338/4
180/10
CWC19
337/5
179/10?[DOUBLEPOST=1560705077][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did, After Babar Azam there is not anyone in Pakistan middle order who can bat for long, Shoaib Malik have been really poor for a while now and I don't rely on Sarfaraz to finish the game.
when Pakistan top 3 batsman goes then the rest just follows with them.
Everyone knew. I just said after the fakhar six to my friends, Collapse not coming slow!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
24 overs, 117-1 and people here were saying India is in trouble? RRR of 8? Pakistan had NO chance.

Let me highlight the issues for Pakistan-

1) I said this last game and I will say it again- You cannot win a World Cup without believing you can chase. Ask any Pakistan fan here if they would be comfortable chasing 275 against this attack? NO. Pakistan have had their highlights either when their bowlers have skittled oppositions for less than 200 or batted first and put runs on the board. You have to believe you can chase anything.

The problem of this is two fold-

a) They don't have finishers. Not finishers on paper but finishers who can strike at 200 and have the calm and nerve of a Pandya/Dhoni/Maxwell/Buttler?

b) They have anchors, but when they play that role they don't have people down the order to make up the strike rate. Therefore, a Babar Azam has to be conscious of his S/R every time he bats otherwise the media will tear him to pieces.

2) They have an atrocious captain. Yes Pakistan won the CT, but it took a huge slice of luck to get to the finals and then an incredible innings and spell sealed the fate. It had nothing to do with captaincy. I said this then and got slandered for it.

3) Failure to identify their best bowlers. I mean I'm glad Junaid wasn't sharing the new ball with Amir and Hasan Ali is playing, let alone be in the squad.

4) Pakistan look to defend in the middle overs which was a weakness of India in 2017.

5) Pride on being called unpredictable. They're better than that and they need to get over this obsession of beating India in WC. I am OK with Pakistan beating us if we win the WC or even just play better cricket than us on the day because it's bound to happen some day.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I hope Bhuvi's injury is not too serious. The commentators said India have a week's gap before their next game (super lucky for us, we've been getting breaks of a week between games now due to rain and scheduling).

If Bhuvi's injury is serious, I'd immediately draft in Ishant Sharma. NO BODY ELSE!! Ishant has won India a Champions Trophy final in this same country and Ishant right now is probably in the form of his life. And I believe he was added to the official standby list of players in case someone got injured.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Kuldeep was the key today, those two wickets made the game shorter. He was exceptional, kept flighting the ball.

Bhuvi's exit was worrying, hope he's fine we can't afford to take another blow after Dhawan's injury.

Long way to go, defeating Australia was the stepping stone. Patiently waiting for our match against England now.

Users who are viewing this thread