ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kuldeep was the key today, those two wickets made the game shorter. He was exceptional, kept flighting the ball.

Bhuvi's exit was worrying, hope he's fine we can't afford to take another blow after Dhawan's injury.

Long way to go, defeating Australia was the stepping stone. Patiently waiting for our match against England now.

Seeing the way India have played so far this tournament, I am so waiting for the India vs England game. And thankfully its on a Sunday (June 30) in Birmingham. I'd actually make a tactical decision for that game by not playing Kuldeep Yadav. If we noticed during the India vs England ODI series last year, Kuldeep had a brilliant first game and ran through England but then England gradually kept playing him better and better and eventually won the series. With the World Cup allowing you only one league game, I'd hide Kuldeep against England because if these two sides face each other in the semifinal or final, unleash Kuldeep on that game.

Sarfaraz should just retire and join the Punjab Police if he is in that shape, everyone was saying that batting first would the right option after winning the toss, even Imran Khan and Sachin Tendulkar said that Batting first here would be better option but Sarfaraz didn't.

India as always outplayed Pakistan in the world cup, Well played India

Seeing the way India have played so far this tournament, I am so waiting for the India vs England game. And thankfully its on a Sunday (June 30) in Birmingham. I'd actually make a tactical decision for that game by not playing Kuldeep Yadav. If we noticed during the India vs England ODI series last year, Kuldeep had a brilliant first game and ran through England but then England gradually kept playing him better and better and eventually won the series. With the World Cup allowing you only one league game, I'd hide Kuldeep against England because if these two sides face each other in the semifinal or final, unleash Kuldeep on that game.

This.

A fantastic post and I would do exactly the same. In fact, I wouldn't bother playing Chahal either and just play a third seamer and Jaddu. Chahal was not bowling as well as he was and just before the IPL his balls have begun dipping which was absent for the England ODI's.

I would also now bowl Shankar a lot in the upcoming games and brim him with confidence. India must not rule out playing DK for Jadhav/Shankar. As seen today, if we want to use Pandya at 4 in situations like today, DK is the perfect bloke coming in with 30-35 balls left.

We have a habit of being result oriented and I retain my worries about the middle-lower order. I just get the feeling that Shankar needs that one innings to get going. He is definitely a better bowling option than Jadhav.

Will be a 40-over game now. Pakistan need 136 off 30 balls haha, you gotta be kidding me, that's just too much.
They won't even get that in 100 balls.

With the way we are going to win this match, I am actually happy that it will shut the CT 2017 final boosters off. But hey we won the CT 2017.. but hey its 7-0 in WC now get that. We always were a better team in modern day cricket and without being politically correct all the time, I can proudly say that this is comprehensive and might as well we have kicked Pakistan out of the WC seeing they have to win all three now and that too with a better run rate which is a mere -1.79 right now without this current match into consideration.

A lot of FB, Twitter CT 17 final win boosters will not be seen anywhere.

KL Rahul showed great composure today opening the batting. He wasn;t timing the ball as well as he usually does but still stood there with Rohit and made sure we got a good opening partnership. Rohit was amazing and he looks in pretty good touch compared to how awful he looked in IPL. I don't mind that at all because he went after bowlers from ball 1 which he doesn't do especially in ODI cricket. Kohli again playing very mature inning and made sure India reached a decent target. I felt that they should have sent Kedar Jadhav at the time Vijay Shankar walked in. Shankar needs to be settled to go after bowlers. Going after bowlers from ball 1 is not his game. Kedar with his cheeky shots could have got us more runs I feel.

Even though Bumrah hasn't conceded many runs so far, he hasn't looked at his best. His pace today was also down from his regular pace. I really hope Bhuvi is ok because he finally looked like he was back in his rhythm. He was bowling at 90 MPH which is pretty sharp for Bhuvi and he was still moving the ball. So I really hope his injury is not very serious can he can come back later in the tournament. There is a reason why I said at the start of the WC that we need to stick with our wrist spinners. They are the reason why we have been so successful in ODI's after that 2017 final loss. They are constantly attacking and looking to take wickets. Even though Jadeja scored runs and bowled well in the warm-up matches, I am glad the team management has backed the wrist-spinners. Hardik is also another rhythm bowler who can bowl pretty quickly once he gets his tail up and we saw that today. Shankar bowled decently and did his job.

The magnitude of Pakistan's failure says 89 runs. They lost by 89 runs when India were a bowler short and Bumrah and Chahal didn't pick a wicket. That is unbelievable!

Great win for India today, congratulation to all the Indian fans for the win today.
Emad Wasim and Shadab Khan were good at the end, Pakistan are nearly at the bottom of the table now, it will be a miracle if they make it to the final.

After all the pre-match hype about this being a possible washout, they completed 90 overs of the game and only lost 10 overs. ICC got real lucky there!

Great win for India! Hope they don't take the foot off the pedal. The injuries have been frustrating but I believe India have resources to cover it up and continue performing (fingers crossed)

Is it just me or has anyone noticed a change in Kohli in the last few months minus IPL?

So Bhuvi is out for 3 match atleast. Well that sucks cause he was just getting back in the rhythm

Pakistan fans need to stop comparing this to the 92 World Cup performance, in 92 world cup we had a great team of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Javed Miandad, Rameez Raja, Inzamam Ul Haq etc, plus Pakistan Run rate is really bad.

Plus You can't compare a great smart captain like Imran Khan with a poor one like Sarfaraz.

they keep posting this:

1992 World Cup:
Match 1 - Lost to West Indies
Match 2 - Won Match 3 - No result
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost

2019 World Cup:
Match 1 - Lost to West Indies
Match 2 - Won
Match 3 - No result
Match 4 - Lost
Match 5 - Lost

Saw someone post this on Twitter, and I couldn't agree more. Pakistan cricket will be a Pakistan hockey-like debacle if we don't fix our roots.[DOUBLEPOST=1560713714][/DOUBLEPOST]
Imran Khan and Sachin Tendulkar said that Batting first here would be better option but Sarfaraz didn't.
When your captain doesn't listen to advice from THOSE two players, then you know you've got a problem.

With the way we are going to win this match, I am actually happy that it will shut the CT 2017 final boosters off. But hey we won the CT 2017.. but hey its 7-0 in WC now get that. We always were a better team in modern day cricket and without being politically correct all the time, I can proudly say that this is comprehensive and might as well we have kicked Pakistan out of the WC seeing they have to win all three now and that too with a better run rate which is a mere -1.79 right now without this current match into consideration.

A lot of FB, Twitter CT 17 final win boosters will not be seen anywhere.

Pakistan has a history of coming back from almost being out of the tournament to getting to the final or winning it. Don’t write them off yet.

Yes the Final they won against India in the CT 17 was just a good day for them and a bad day for India...but that’s how knockout matches go. India is a better side than them, everyone knows that and no one ever contests it, just like we knew that Pakistan was always better than us in the 90s. If it gives them a bit of happiness to bring it up in every situation then we should let that be since we get so much happiness from so many other matches that we keep winnin

Users who are viewing this thread