PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Saeed Ajmal is not allowed to bowl in real life but here he gets green light to bowl in this World Cup.

Saeed Ajmal is not allowed to bowl in real life but here he gets green light to bowl in this World Cup.

Bhai, can you please confirm the Squads and Rules for playing this World Cup? I need clarity about the Short Slow balls with Spinners and Medium Bowlers, are they BANNED or not? IF BANNED, what to do if someone ball these kind of deliveries? Also advice how many player can we pick for the World Cup and can we do changes in mid tournament? If possible you should come up with Final Rules for this Tournament. No hurry, you can do it when you have time.

Are we allowed to pick players who has recently retired (M. Jayawardhane / Greame Smith etc) or someone like Kevin Pietersen?

Bhai, can you please confirm the Squads and Rules for playing this World Cup? I need clarity about the Short Slow balls with Spinners and Medium Bowlers, are they BANNED or not? IF BANNED, what to do if someone ball these kind of deliveries? Also advice how many player can we pick for the World Cup and can we do changes in mid tournament?
Well no one has complained me for this till now but as you suggested me that they are banned from other leagues so yeah this will be BANNED from here. (thankfully I bowl horribly with spinners)
And what should we do if they ball those kind of deliveries? Arrrghhh..
Maybe first time if he bowls, inform him that don't bowl like that like Warning. If he continues to bowl like that way even after warning then let me know. HIS BEST PLAYER OF THAT MATCH WILL BE BANNED FOR NEXT MATCH. But if anyone has suggestions to make the consequences better and fair then let me know.

India @VinitPhilip
Australia @Cricz25
Pakistan @RIZZYX
England @lonewolf5646
Afghanistan @bvnr410
Kenya @rishabh96
Netherlands @SamP
South Africa @Acid Burn
West Indies @kushari
New Zealand @Solomon
Srilanka @chaman82
Bangladesh @phani001
Ireland @Ishaan k
Zimbabwe @DavidTheMan

Everyone has to submit 18 PLAYER SQUAD for the World Cup (along with Player's Profile on cricinfo as I will see their recent matches to increase/decrease their skills accordingly if required) and deadline is till 26th September (12 PM IST). I prefer that you post your squad only once so that I don't have to look for multiple posts. In your squad, you must post your captain's name and it should be in order (I mean in your 18 player squad, you must post your first 11 players which you prefer to play with in your match and your 12th man so that I can even arrange lineups accordingly and then you can post your next 6 players in any order) . Also changing your squad during the World Cup is not allowed so choose your 30 players wisely.

Also you are allowed to design the jersey of your team but I prefer that your team's jersey doesn't look that different from real one (I mean colour combinations).
If you want to edit your team's jersey then after getting your squad you can edit that and do please post the photo of new jersey so that I can confirm that your jersey is legal.

I hope that I made myself clear. If any queries then let me know.
All the Best guys. Let's make this a big hit.

Last edited:
Hi @rishabh96 and everyone, are you guys interested player stats data for the world cup. If so, let me know i will create a spread sheet for it. All you have to do is update the scorecard and the player stats, team points and NRR will get calculted automitacally.
That would be amazing and very helpful for me as host and for everyone who wants to get stats.
Why don't you become host with me? :p

That would be amazing and very helpful for me as host and for everyone who wants to get stats.
Why don't you become host with me? :p
sure. I would love to be the co-host for the world cup. For preparing the spreadhseet I need the following details.

1) Fixtures
2) Squad of all the team
3) Qaurter finals format (Super six or eight teams knock out) and semi finals format (Knock out or IPL format)
4) AND WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER FOR THE SPREADHSEET :lol :lol

Well no one has complained me for this till now but as you suggested me that they are banned from other leagues so yeah this will be BANNED from here. (thankfully I bowl horribly with spinners)
And what should we do if they ball those kind of deliveries? Arrrghhh..
Maybe first time if he bowls, inform him that don't bowl like that like Warning. If he continues to bowl like that way even after warning then let me know. HIS BEST PLAYER OF THAT MATCH WILL BE BANNED FOR NEXT MATCH. But if anyone has suggestions to make the consequences better and fair then let me know.

India @VinitPhilip
Australia @Cricz25
Pakistan @RIZZYX
England @lonewolf5646
Afghanistan @bvnr410
Kenya @rishabh96
Netherlands @SamP
South Africa @Acid Burn
West Indies @kushari
New Zealand @Solomon
Srilanka @chaman82
Bangladesh @phani001
Ireland @Ishaan k
Zimbabwe @DavidTheMan

Everyone has to submit 30 PLAYER SQUAD for the World Cup (along with Player's Profile on cricinfo as I will see their recent matches to increase/decrease their skills accordingly if required) and deadline is till 26th September (12 PM IST). I prefer that you post your squad only once so that I don't have to look for multiple posts. In your squad, you must post your captain's name and it should be in order (I mean in your 30 player squad, you must post your first 11 players which you prefer to play with in your match and your 12th man so that I can even arrange lineups accordingly and then you can post your 18 players in any order) . Also changing your squad during the World Cup is not allowed so choose your 30 players wisely.

Also you are allowed to design the jersey of your team but I prefer that your team's jersey doesn't look that different from real one (I mean colour combinations).
If you want to edit your team's jersey then after getting your squad you can edit that and do please post the photo of new jersey so that I can confirm that your jersey is legal.

I hope that I made myself clear. If any queries then let me know.
All the Best guys. Let's make this a big hit.

@rishabh96 As we are trying to make this competition as realistic as possible, I feel we should not have more than 16 Player Squad. There are few things here. 1) To maintain stats of 30 x 12 = 360 Players is going to be a massage task for anyone taking the responsibility for the same. 2) It will not be possible to make strategy if opponent has option to play 30 players. I dont know what others think about it, but I would recommend the Squad to be of 16 or Maximum 17 Members not more than it.

sure. I would love to be the co-host for the world cup. For preparing the spreadhseet I need the following details.

1) Fixtures
2) Squad of all the team
3) Qaurter finals format (Super six or eight teams knock out) and semi finals format (Knock out or IPL format)
4) AND WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER FOR THE SPREADHSEET :lol :lol
1) I'll give you fixtures in maybe 3-4 hours. Let me finish my chemistry practical file. :lol
2) Only others can help you in that.
3) Knockouts
QF: 1.A1 vs. B4, 2.A2 vs. B3, 3.A3 vs. B2, 4.A4 vs. B1.
SF: Winner of 1 vs. Winner of 3, Winner of 2 vs Winner of 4
4) Well what data you are planning to add in spreadsheet?

OFFICIAL: @francisjery is part of ICC BOARD now along with @rishabh96. :lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1410287014][/DOUBLEPOST]
@rishabh96 As we are trying to make this competition as realistic as possible, I feel we should not have more than 16 Player Squad. There are few things here. 1) To maintain stats of 30 x 12 = 360 Players is going to be a massage task for anyone taking the responsibility for the same. 2) It will not be possible to make strategy if opponent has option to play 30 players. I dont know what others think about it, but I would recommend the Squad to be of 16 or Maximum 17 Members not more than it.
I said 30 so that no one say later that he wants to change his squad.
Even I want less squad because lower teams will get less players to find. Maybe I should change it to 20?

Users who are viewing this thread