PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
As a board member of ICC along with @rishabh96, I am proud to announce the

Fixtures for the WORLD CUP 2015

image.png

As previously mentioned by the board the teams have been divided into two groups

Group A

India (@VinitPhilip)
Australia (@Cricz25)
Pakistan (@RIZZYX)
Netherlands (@SamP)
England (@lonewolf5646)
Kenya (@rishabh96)
Afghanistan (@bvnr410)

Group B

South Africa (@Acid Burn)
West Indies (@kushari)
New Zealand (@Solomon)
Zimbabwe (@DavidTheMan)
Srilanka (@chaman82)
Ireland (@Ishaan k)
Bangladesh (@phani001)
Each team will face the other teams in the group once in the league stage to reserve a place in the Quarter Finals. And the fixtures for the league stage are as follows.

Group A

Round 1 (28-Sep-2014)

India vs Australia
Pakistan vs Netherlands
England vs Kenya
Afghanistan - Bye

Round 2 (4-Oct-2014)

Pakistan vs India
England vs Netherlands
Afghanistan vs Kenya
Australia - Bye

Round 3 (11-Oct-2014)

India vs England
Australia vs Pakistan
Afghanistan vs Netherlands
Kenya - Bye

Round 4 (18-Oct-2014)

India vs Afghanistan
Australia vs England
Netherlands vs Kenya
Pakistan - Bye

Round 5 (25-Oct-2014)

Kenya vs India
Australia vs Afghanistan
Pakistan vs England
Netherlands - Bye

Round 6 (1-Nov-2014)

Netherlands vs India
Kenya vs Australia
Afghanistan vs Pakistan
England - Bye

Round 7 (8-Nov-2014)

Netherlands vs Australia
Kenya vs Pakistan
England vs Afghanistan
India - Bye

Group B

Round 1 (28-Sep-2014)

South Africa vs West Indies
New Zealand vs Zimbabwe
Srilanka vs Ireland
Bangladesh - Bye

Round 2 (4-Oct-2014)

South Africa vs New Zealand
Srilanka vs Zimbabwe
Bangladesh vs Ireland
West Indies - Bye

Round 3 (11-Oct-2014)

South Africa vs Srilanka
West Indies vs New Zealand
Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh
Ireland - Bye

Round 4 (18-Oct-2014)

Bangladesh vs South Africa
West Indies vs Srilanka
Ireland vs Zimbabwe
New Zealand - Bye

Round 5 (25-Oct-2014)

Ireland vs South Africa
West Indies vs Bangladesh
New Zealand vs Srilanka
Zimbabwe - Bye

Round 6 (1-Nov-2014)

Zimbabwe vs South Africa
Ireland vs West Indies
Bangladesh vs New Zealand
Srilanka - Bye

Round 7 (8-Nov-2014)

Zimbabwe vs West Indies
New Zealand vs Ireland
Srilanka vs Bangladesh
South Africa - Bye

Top four teams from the each group will move on to the Knock out Quarter Final stage.

Quarter Finals

Q1 - Group A1 vs Group B4
Q2 - Group A2 vs Group B3
Q3 - Group A3 vs Group B2
Q4 - Group A4 vs Group B1​

Semi Finals

S1 - Winner of Q1 vs Q3
S2 - Winner of Q2 vs Q4​

Finals

Winner of S1 vs S2
Whenever you guys feel like giving up the match or the tournament, just think of the beautiful trophy and you will get enthusiasm by yourself

WC_Tro.png

We wish good luck for all the teams ansd their managers to fight hard and take the trophy home.

(Update the scorecards in the forum after every match to incorporate the players statistics for the tournament)​

Last edited:
@rishabh96 @francisjery how about deciding the venue and pitch conditions beforehand itself. Also the field placement outside the circle should be max 4 and behind square 2 fielders.

The matches can be played in any venue at random pitch conditions or as per the host teams selections.

Regarding the field restriction, the default restirctions in real cricket needs to be followed in the game as well. This is my opinion. I will leave the final decision to @rishabh96

@francisjery @rishabh96 the venue should be only from Australia and New Zealand as how its going to happen in WC2015.
Field restrictions should be according to the real rules and should post the details like how you did for Clash of the Legends.

@francisjery @rishabh96 the venue should be only from Australia and New Zealand as how its going to happen in WC2015.
Field restrictions should be according to the real rules and should post the details like how you did for Clash of the Legends.

Good Point @Solomon.

@rishabh96, could you please update the venue details and the field restriction rules in post 1

You mean someone wont be able to use 7/2 Offside field in this tournament?
Bro, I have not come across any restriction for using seven fielders in offside even in real cricket. DBC14 also doesnt have any option to restrict the more fielders placed in offside. As @Acid Burn mentioned in one of his messages, little comon sense and game spirit will make the player realise how to place the field and plan his bowling strategies.

Funny.png

Well I think @Solomon and @Cricz25 can decide pitch conditions according to their stadium. Like @Solomon can decide pitch conditions for New Zealand while @Cricz25 can decide for Australian pitches.

New Zealand will play all matches in New Zealand only (not sure about their Knockout Matches as it is based on their performance only.)

And field restrictions should be of real ones I guess. I want to ban player who is at straight because in real life, no player is allowed to stand straight or it is given no-ball. (not sure)

What you think @francisjery?

I want to ban player who is at straight because in real life, no player is allowed to stand straight or it is given no-ball. (not sure)

@rishabh96, as I did a google search for 15 minutes or so, I could not find any law to restrict fielders standing in the straight hit position. I was also initially against this fielding position and did some search then as well to inform to BA studios. But there is no law in cricket that is restricting this fielding position. Refer to the link for an example. It says that it is a poor fielding placement but it is not restricted

rules - Is it unlawful or not-done to field between bowler and sight screen? - Sports Stack Exchange

Nothing in the laws regarding a a straight hit and have seen it used at international level
before personally.

Pitches in Aus/NZ generally suite pace so I think they should mostly be like that (not anything to do with having no decent spinner at all :D).

Well I think @Solomon and @Cricz25 can decide pitch conditions according to their stadium. Like @Solomon can decide pitch conditions for New Zealand while @Cricz25 can decide for Australian pitches.
New Zealand will play all matches in New Zealand only (not sure about their Knockout Matches as it is based on their performance only.)
I dont think we can implement a certian kind of pitch type for all the matches. However, we can request all the players to use pitches from Autralia or New Zealand which is available in DBC and use randon for all the other options other than weather condition.

Weather condition should be marked as 'always fine' as we dont want to give disadavntage to any team due to interruption of rain

I personally think it would be best to go around all the int grounds and give them set pitch conditions to be used in matches then give fixtures a venue as well.

Would be willing to start it myself if anyone agreed.

I think we should keep just 01 STANDARD PITCH condition for the complete Tournament. I think it will be fair to all the teams if they have similar conditions for all the matches.

Pitch Type: DRY
Pitch Hardness: HARD
Pitch Condition: PRISTINE
Pitch Cracks: NONE
Quick Pitch Wear: OFF

Users who are viewing this thread