PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
In the longer format of the game he is beatable... I feel quite confident in beating him. But yes, I experienced the 7/2 field

I agree with you David. It shouldnt work on a longer format because hes looking to just cut off the runs and not trying to take wickets. In a longer format the field setting would only work against him since the chances of win are higher if you manage to bat through the complete 50 overs.But then again its not illegitimate and pretty much used in real cricket too so personally I dont mind him using that against me.

Guys one more clarification
Himanshu and me are trying to connect from last 2 3 days but we cannot connect to each other
Same thing happened with imran also

If such a situation arises where 2 people cannot connect at all what will happen ?????

Alrite everyone ( @VinitPhilip, @Cricz25, @RIZZYX, @SamP, @lonewolf5646, @rishabh96, @bvnr410, @Acid Burn, @kushari, @Solomon, @DavidTheMan, @chaman82, @Ishaan k, @phani001)

I can implement a rule for field placement. My concern was we dont have any option in DBC 14 to restrict the packed fielding in offside (Like we have option for 'max leg side fielders'). In this case, how are we gonna monitor the match and find out the players who are not abiding by this rule.

My suggestion for field placement would be

During First Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 2
Max behind square - 1
Max offside - 4
Max legside - 5

During Second and Third Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 4
Max behind square - 2
Max offside - 5
Max legside - 5

During Non Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 5
Max behind square - 2
Max offside - 5
Max legside - 5

I need all your suggestion how are we going to monitor the players who are breaking this rule. Also, please let me know if you want to make any changes in the field placement break up provided.

Is it possible to do this in match creator???

We have option in match creator to limit the maximum number of fielders in leg side and behind sqaure leg. However, we don not have any option for maximum number of fielders in offside.

We can edit the maximum out fielders during powerplay in match creator.

Alrite everyone ( @VinitPhilip, @Cricz25, @RIZZYX, @SamP, @lonewolf5646, @rishabh96, @bvnr410, @Acid Burn, @kushari, @Solomon, @DavidTheMan, @chaman82, @Ishaan k, @phani001)

I can implement a rule for field placement. My concern was we dont have any option in DBC 14 to restrict the packed fielding in offside (Like we have option for 'max leg side fielders'). In this case, how are we gonna monitor the match and find out the players who are not abiding by this rule.

My suggestion for field placement would be

During First Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 2
Max behind square - 1
Max offside - 4
Max legside - 5

During Second and Third Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 4
Max behind square - 2
Max offside - 5
Max legside - 5

During Non Powerplay

Max fielders outside - 5
Max behind square - 2
Max offside - 5
Max legside - 5

I need all your suggestion how are we going to monitor the players who are breaking this rule. Also, please let me know if you want to make any changes in the field placement break up provided.

I think @VinitPhilip is right. Realistically, its going to be next to impossible to implement and specially monitor and regulate the field setting for 600 Balls during a 50 Over match. Let it keep as it is and play as we have played till now. I am against making too many rules and regulations if there is not a sure shot way of implementing and monitoring the same. It will create unnecessary, HE DID IT, I DIDN'T DO IT, kind of scenario. Lets just stick with Bowling below 6 Meter with Spinner to be BANNED, and also Any Bouncers from Medium Pacers (If Possible, lets ball with Fast Medium & Fast Bowlers only, and BAN Bowling with Medium Pacers all together). If a particular team have a Medium Bowler, we can allow it to change to Fast Medium (Changes should be done by @rishabh96 only), as any skills cannot/should not be edited, after the squad is uploaded on the server.

I think @VinitPhilip is right. Realistically, its going to be next to impossible to implement and specially monitor and regulate the field setting for 600 Balls during a 50 Over match. Let it keep as it is and play as we have played till now. I am against making too many rules and regulations if there is not a sure shot way of implementing and monitoring the same. It will create unnecessary, HE DID IT, I DIDN'T DO IT, kind of scenario. Lets just stick with Bowling below 6 Meter with Spinner to be BANNED, and also Any Bouncers from Medium Pacers (If Possible, lets ball with Fast Medium & Fast Bowlers only, and BAN Bowling with Medium Pacers all together). If a particular team have a Medium Bowler, we can allow it to change to Fast Medium (Changes should be done by @rishabh96 only), as any skills cannot/should not be edited, after the squad is uploaded on the server.

That was precisely my point @kushari. We dont have any option to monitor each and every game. If we implement more rules then it will end up unnecessary balme game all together.

Banning medium pace bowlers is not possible as it is a part of the game. However, bowling more than six meters with spinners and slow bouncers from medium pacers are banned.

That was precisely my point @kushari. We dont have any option to monitor each and every game. If we implement more rules then it will end up unnecessary balme game all together.

Banning medium pace bowlers is not possible as it is a part of the game. However, bowling more than six meters with spinners and slow bouncers from medium pacers are banned.

For Spinners the rules are clear, anything below 6 Meters is BANNED (Even if somehow it is not a slow ball, but a Fast & Short Ball), but do we have anything similar clear cut definition of Slow Bouncers from Medium Pacers? For example anything below 6 Meters by Medium Pacers is BANNED (Even if the intention while bowling was to ball just Bouncers but Not Slow Bouncers)?

For Spinners the rules are clear, anything below 6 Meters is BANNED (Even if somehow it is not a slow ball, but a Fast & Short Ball), but do we have anything similar clear cut definition of Slow Bouncers from Medium Pacers? For example anything below 6 Meters by Medium Pacers is BANNED (Even if the intention while bowling was to ball just Bouncers but Not Slow Bouncers)?

If you disallow a medium pacer to bowl even a normal pacey

If you ban even a normal bouncer by a medium pacer you are essentially rendering a medium pacer useless because quite a few good length balls by a medium pacer too go below the 6M mark and nobody wants a medium pacer who just bowls yorker length balls.

Bro, you are confusin me now :D. Let me put my points straight.

1) Any short ball form spinner (either fast or slow ) more than six meters is banned.

2) Slow bouncers from medium pacers are banned. There is no ban for fast bouncers. There will be two fast bouncers allowed per over from pacers and medium pacers (strictly no slow bouncers). If your bouncers are called no ball then its upto you.

3) The field restriction followed in real cricket will be followed in the game as well. We have already played good number of 50 over games and we should be aware what is allowed in the game. We cannot monitor 7/2 offside field placement and straight hit fielder as we do not have restriction in real cricket as well.

4) Two umpire reviews allowed per innings. Currently it is one in the match creator, please change it to two before start of the tournament.

5) @rishabh96, please add any more option suggestions if you want and add it in the first post.

The problem with good length balls whether its med or fast its going to fall below 6 M line. So either Medium pacers should be allowed to bowl fast good length balls or only yorker length. There should be a mandatory save every 10 overs. If the batting team suspects foul play restart the game from the last save point.

@francisjery wrt to the field, setting the current rule is only 4 fielders outside circle after PP and during 2nd and 3rd PP its max 3 fielders.

Ok , so based on the above , its business as usual for everyone , that has previously been involved in some Planetcricket League`s .

I will abide by whatever is decided , I merely raised my views.

Oh and Solomon is right , current ODI rules is only 4 outside of the circle in Non Powerplay overs.

My suggestion would be to start the tournament only after the coming patch 2.5..

And let the standard default odi rules be followed.

Medium and spin bowler restrictions would create confusion.

This is a 50 over format so no restrictions should be there for any type of bowler.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread